Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

wikipedia wrote:
    Due to his health problems, Jordan did not work at full force on the final installment, but blog entries confirmed that he continued work on it until his death, and he shared all of the significant plot details with his family not long before he died.
    It looks like it'll be finished from his notes, won't be exactly the same but at least it'll be wrapped up.

I hate packing.. esp packing heavy and inflexible things like books...

Btw, if anyone wants any JS Economics / Business notes, get in touch with me quickity quick before I dig out my shredder.. and if anyone wants any SF Bess Schol notes, I just found some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Keep your Investments notes, I might make use of them for Securities. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Pet wrote:
    L O L. My thoughts exactly.
    Yup, I'm glad I stopped reading at the first book. It's like a mix of some ye-olde lord of the rings type stuff and glenroe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Dead Ed wrote:
    Yup, I'm glad I stopped reading at the first book. It's like a mix of some ye-olde lord of the rings type stuff and glenroe.
    How on earth could that be a bad thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Stupid UTV Internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Stupid life.

:(

Why did I drink so much last night? It makes it sooo much more difficult to get up at 03:30am and go to the airport! But at least I'm still hammered

Too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Terry Goodkind is far better than Robert Jordan imho. He writes books like "Wizard's First Rule" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Why did I drink so much last night? It makes it sooo much more difficult to get up at 03:30am and go to the airport! But at least I'm still hammered
    Where the hell are you goin now? It's well for some :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:

Lol, You love the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

my teeth hurt

Nehpets wrote:
    my teeth hurt

As do mine. Well, specifically one of them. What's slightly odd is that I went to the dentist and they only hurt afterwards, not before. Ok, getting fillings might have *something* to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

Owie - molar teeth!

I hate dissertations, because I have to write things about carry trading.

I hate carry trading, because I don't understand things written about it.

I hate not understanding written things, because then I feel stupid.

I feel stupid, I hate it.

Can anyone (looking at roundtower2!) explain without using even more confusing jargon the basics of risk reversals? Implicit assumptions of carry-to-risk ratios would be nice as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

**** this househunting bull****.

**** it in the ass with a splintery stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

*sob* My iPod nano, less than 3 months old, died today. :( Stupid Apple. Should have known from that damn no-right-clicky mouse that they were bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

*sob* My iPod nano, less than 3 months old, died today.

Are you sure it's dead? My iPod nano stopped working one day. It wouldn't turn on for the whole day. I left it for about a week and then plugged it into my computer and it sprang to life. Try either putting it on charge or plugging it into your computer. Or both. It's a long shot but miracles do happen.;)

My iPod died yesterday.. seems like a bad day for apples..

Knew I should have bought the Sony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

My iPod's ok but now I'm worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My iPod nano stopped working one day. It wouldn't turn on for the whole day. I left it for about a week and then plugged it into my computer and it sprang to life. Try either putting it on charge or plugging it into your computer. Or both.

IT'S ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!! [/Dr. Frank N. Furter]

Not sure why that fixed it, and I'm a little worried it might break again with no notice, and I inadvertently wiped my entire library off it while updating the software, but who cares? It's working again! Wheeeeee! Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So, after burning off half a bottle of wine and a rake of pints (on that night, woohoo, had a really nice meal out with the girlfriend, and theres a nice restaurant on dame st - who'da thought?) I finally managed to send off a bunch of emails to sort out an event for DUCSS in freshers week, sort out the building of the stand and make sure no one decided that hinges were a good idea, searched for a place to build said stand, sorted out emails to invite lecturers, sorted out begging money emails, etc. etc. blah blah blah ****.

and you know what? i'm sick of organising. would freshers week just start already so I can get locked? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

****ing new wireless system in college. I missed my last bus (11.30) by about 3 minutes so wandered over to college into the postgrad reading room to burn 45 minutes until nitelink. It took me about 20 minutes to change all the settings but my account expired at midnight so I never got to use the shagging thing! Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

&#231 wrote: »
    finally managed to send off a bunch of emails to sort out an event for DUCSS in freshers week, sort out the building of the stand and make sure no one decided that hinges were a good idea, searched for a place to build said stand, sorted out emails to invite lecturers, sorted out begging money emails, etc. etc. blah blah blah ****.

<3
    &#231 wrote: »
    and you know what? i'm sick of organising. would freshers week just start already so I can get locked? :P

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I miss my good old friends europerson and b.ie polar :/. Haven't talked to them in months, looking forward to going for a pint again.

I may have consumed alcohol tonight.

Ibid wrote:
    I may have consumed alcohol tonight.
    Yeah I know what you mean. That always brings out the man-love in me too.

On a moan note, I had to open a (stupidly expensive) tin of salmon last night with a lock blade (it's okay... I was a scout). Not an easy job I assure you, if you've never tried before. Took at least 10 mins. But now... now my room stinks of fish because in my impatience I neglected to clean my plate.

• Aghh this househunting thing is driving me mad. How can people charge 900 euro for a boxy room off fecking Thomas St? You send 30 emails to people on Daft and about two get back to you. I'm REALLY sick of it. I'm going to end up sleeping on a park bench if I don't sort something very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Thomas st has NCAD= rich art students willing to pay €900 per month.

I love my friend who found us a two room apartment for 320 per month each... <3

Rant time: I hate moving house more than is humanly possible. All the shenanigans...I hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I saw a room yesterday near Rathmines which was literally the length and width of a double bed, except with a single bed installed, with underbed storage. It was €440 a month. I actually considered, at length, taking it.

How bad is that, that I've become that desperate? I feel your pain, Izzy. Househunting is just a load of **** on a stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement