Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Trinity Square - not the cheapest but there are a couple of For Let signs around.

Also in Donnybrook, I passed three for let signs in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I accidentally destroyed some expensive chemicals there. Note to self: when the chemical is light sensitive, don't leave it in the sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

iPods die if they're put somewhere too cold or too hot, they have to be put in a dry place for a while then plugged into a computer/wall charger to be brough back to life. Annoying but true. Don't buy any other brand of mp3 player cos then you won't be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Don't buy any other brand of mp3 player cos then you won't be cool.

The sad thing is, I'm nowhere near sure that you're being ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

One of my best friends is going off on a round the world trip on Monday for a year, and while that's obviously awesome, I'm seriously going to miss her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I haven't been on Boards in over eleven days, and there's a lot of reading. I probably ought to respond to more, but I shall refrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Pet wrote:
    Don't buy any other brand of mp3 player cos then you won't be cool.
    The sad thing is, I'm nowhere near sure that you're being ironic.

OMG, like, tote ser! iPods are, like, sooo the best! Mine's, like, pink and has, like, changeable skins and this, like, tote sav stripey sock to keep it safe, like OMG!!11!!11one!!

For real though, I do like my iPod better than my Creative; more delicate, but infinitely easier to use and to customise (as in playlists, not socks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭low

socks for your ipod, now there's a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I've had too much coffee..

• Advertisement

I feel sick, a combination of coffee and bad rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Hey all

My rant/bitch/moan:

Ok, I'm a second year student and I'm not happy with my one of my subjects. I chose Russian as a part of TSM with French. Except, I don't want to continue studying it. I want to do Spanish instead.

Well so I went to my tutor today and told him. This guy doesn't have a clue. I'm sent up and down to the TSM office twice. Well anyway, I have a few options:

A- Go into second year of French and Spanish: No really possible as I've never really done Spanish before.

B- Repeat first year and do French and Spanish this year: Is possible but will have to pay like €4000 or so in fees to repeat. Then that requires taking out a student loan and being poor for a year. :( Also depends on whether there are available spaces in Spanish and also on my points which are 435.

C- Like above, repeat first year but for next September. That way, I'll have a fairer chance of obtaining a place and will have saved up money from working full-time all this year to pay the fees. Will have to apply to the CAO again though! :(

D- Be miserable doing Russian: I don't think so!!! I refuse to continue something I'm not interested in!

Pauvre-moi!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Moan: Back in this stupid country. I can no longer punch considerably above my weight based on my accent alone.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I am so Hungover it isnt Funny

I am so Hungover it isnt Funny

That was me yesterday.....

I started getting texts last night about how an 'agent smith' was looking for me in the Porterhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

that's some rain... I better go buy an umbrella. Stupid freshers week making me stand outside

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

That was me yesterday.....

I started getting texts last night about how an 'agent smith' was looking for me in the Porterhouse!

Myself and a Mate Randomly met people in there....

Went for dinner and Paid 108 euro for dinner and Wine for 2 people, pricey!

Also tried to go into the Buttery, not realising it was closed, after which we went to the porterhouse, But Just before Awayinthehils Screams my name across Front Square and Askes me to buy a ticket to something or other....

Rain.. rain.. rain..

And only about 50 people signed up today...

However we did buy a Gazebo which protected us from the afternoon torrents!

Ick. I'm tired, and feel kinda sick, so I bet I've caught that cold that's going around. Also, I've missed half of Fresher's week, and now have a ****ton of Shit To Do.

OH, and some little scanger ****er was being really annoying on Nassau St today, and I kinda wanted to deck him, but he was

a)about 14, and a head shorter than me (chivalry sez: don't hit someone smaller than you)
    b)in the sights of his Tall, Big Scumbag Brother, and I didn't fancy getting my ass handed to me on a plate by him.

So I went into college feeling irritated and powerless. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Gargh at internets on campus.

Me: Hi, I need the anti-virus to complete the SNAC so I can get external access
    ISS: Go to the website
    Me: I went to the website. I got a 404 Tomcast error and it's an external site
    ISS: It's external but you should get access
    Me: I didn't
    ISS: Clear your cache
    Me: I did
    ISS: Restart your machine
    Me: I did
    ISS: Go to a clinic

Damn. So I went back to my room, wrote down the address the anti-virus was located at and am now in the Laser Huts. I can't access the URL from here, in fact it says the domain doesn't exist. Cool.

(By the way, if I was getting 404 error, does that not mean the URL is incorrect?)

• Advertisement

That Apache tomcat error is a pain. It basically happens (afaik?) when something else is has already tried/is trying to access the internet whilst you're undergoing the authentication process. Close down anything like iTunes, and use a different browser. Maybe burn some incense too, because the entire thing is a damn mystery, and it might just make it work.

It also can happen when your proxy is set up wrong..

Had it a lot in my room on campus last year and kept calling ISS until they fixed it. They gave me a new proxy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

It also can happen when your proxy is set up wrong..
    This is the most likely case. I'll pop up to you if you want, I reckon I could fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

:mad: Stupid tutor laughing at my attempts to apply for transfers.....
    Stupid negativit attitude of the whole situation....

Hate being a fresher, not having a clue about anything! :(

lilmizzme wrote:
    :mad: Stupid tutor laughing at my attempts to apply for transfers.....
    Stupid negativit attitude of the whole situation....

Hate being a fresher, not having a clue about anything! :(

If you want some information about transferring, contact Bartley at education@tcdsu.org. Or drop up to him in House 6. He may be at the SU stand tomorrow too. He'll give you all you need to know, plus information if your tutor is messing you about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Can't even troll feminists without getting closed down. Boo-hisss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Can't sleep. Still on New York time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Boston wrote:
    Can't even troll feminists without getting closed down. Boo-hisss.
    That had all the makings of a fun thread. Oh well, back to "work"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

Yaargh stupid biology crowd playin cruel cruel mindgames with us! It's bad enough having what will undoubtedly be five 9 o clock starts but to email us the lab time slots, which according to my timetable I can't attend as I've lectures or tutorials, is ridiculous! Stupid online timetable tellin me I've lectures when I apparently don't!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

got the times wrong and missed my class meeting thing today :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement