Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

After forgetting football on Thursday it hasn't been a good week for you eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

balzarywex wrote:
    Yaargh stupid biology crowd playin cruel cruel mindgames with us! It's bad enough having what will undoubtedly be five 9 o clock starts but to email us the lab time slots, which according to my timetable I can't attend as I've lectures or tutorials, is ridiculous! Stupid online timetable tellin me I've lectures when I apparently don't!:mad:
    Oh feck, I really hope the timetable hasn't changed since last year. 9am lectures are not my cup of tea.

Edit: 4000th post! That's an average of 1,333.3333... per year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

9am lectures with an end at 6pm plus labs nearly every day. darnit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I came home from freshers week to find a letter from the language modules people telling me that I had to register last week for it, now I can look forward to fighting monday for a place I was offfered after the deadline. Oh and nine o'clock starts tues wed and thurs- hangovers suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Decemberists concert on Tuesday that I've been looking forward to since July has been cancelled. Grrrrr..........

• Advertisement

Temple Bar on a Saturday night is quite an annoying place. Although it may be because I am sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I have some sort of lab safety talk scheduled for Monday, but unfortunately no time has been given for it on the list. To add to this, I have no lectures on Monday and I'm not sure if I should go in or not. What do you fellow students think?

Second year science? I can't remember any lab safety talk, but I tend to miss these sorts of important things anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Myth wrote:
    Temple Bar on a Saturday night is quite an annoying place. Although it may be because I am sober.
    Hmmm, it's bad on any night, saturday is probably the worst though. I need earplugs to get any sleep now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

I have some sort of lab safety talk scheduled for Monday, but unfortunately no time has been given for it on the list. To add to this, I have no lectures on Monday and I'm not sure if I should go in or not. What do you fellow students think?

WHA?! That's tomorrow like!

*thinks a minute* OH wait, they did email us that. However, they do also fail to mention what time and where it's on....sounds missable to me so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

My lecture ended at 2 today, delayed after a stupid fire drill. Then I had to hang around until 6 to wait for Law.But at 5 when my friend wanted to check her timetable I noticed that Law had been cancelled!So I pretty much wasted an entire day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My graduation is on the same day as a wedding that my boyfriend and I were going to go to. This means that not only do I not get to go to the wedding but he won't get to come to the graduation cos it's his cousin who is getting married. Boo-urns all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Least you get to go to your graduation... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

what happened dec?

I want RSS news feeds on my desktop.
    I want MSN Messenger to connect.
    I want access to IRC.

Now I have to go figure ways of tunnelling around these problems.

Boston wrote:
    what happened dec?
    My supervisor is insisting I'm away working during it. I could do it in December, but it wouldn't be with my class so I'm just not going to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:
    My supervisor is insisting I'm away working during it. I could do it in December, but it wouldn't be with my class so I'm just not going to do it.

Thats extremely crap, sorry to hear it.

Still no ****ing place to live. This **** is wack.

I o'd on lucozade..

I have loads of papers to read..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

For some reason unknownst to the staff, JSTOR wouldn't work in the BLU complex, so I had to go to the Hamilton Library.

• Advertisement

I never know how much detail I need to learn stuff in the textbooks. What exactly DO THEY WANT...

paperclip, past questions past questions past questions... and if you can get them, sample answers

I don't think I can get the data I need to examine price pressure.

****. Two bloody weeks wasted.

Sample answers? Where?
    I asked my lecturers before....they just pointed into a misty void and left me to think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

paperclip wrote:
    Sample answers? Where?
    I asked my lecturers before....they just pointed into a misty void and left me to think about that.

Lecturers are not required to provide sample answers, but some will if you ask them extra nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

[RANT]The DkIT Forum[/RANT]

Nothing stopping you from not visiting a forum you've no connection with, Meath man!

Rant: Boards is going down for the day soon. At least I have something to be doing \o/.

In the spirit of my current mood [househunting, college, finances, life], I give you this:

Life done got the tip in
    Ready to push all the way
    Guess life thought I'd get into it
    If it did it to me every day

Life said we were gonna spoon doggy
    Style, said it with a little grin
    But when I got down on all fours, yeah
    LIFE JUST STUCK IT IN

Life keeps fucking me in the ass
    It's fucking me in the ass
    And I know life's having a great time fucking
    A boy that graduated at the top of his class

Life's got a main desire
    It wants to light my ass on fire
    Life keeps fucking me
    It's fucking me

Fucking me in the ass.

Is that a Missy Elliot 'song'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

çrash_000 wrote: »
    (on that night, woohoo, had a really nice meal out with the girlfriend, and theres a nice restaurant on dame st - who'da thought?)
    nico's, by any chance?

had dinner there Last week, and it was very good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement