Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

I hate mathematical economists - not content with using standard econometrics, they have to go off and use non parametric examinations.

Now I have to go off and learn about these really crazy things.

Stupid maths.

Also, I am quite sick which does not make the process any easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Stupid non-mathematical economists, not understanding stuff because they didn't do EC3008 Mathematical Economics and instead chose easy courses in the B-School.

You can't moan! You were not examined about Cauchy sequences, solving x optimisation problems with y constraints, or anything remotely n-tuple related. It's payback time :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote: »
    It's payback time :D.
    What's with all the bitchiness on this thread? :confused:

I, for one, wanted breakfast.

Stupid non-mathematical economists, not understanding stuff because they didn't do EC3008 Mathematical Economics and instead chose easy courses in the B-School.

You are the second person to say that to me today - the first was a lecturer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Stupid business students actually calling it 'the B-School' - Ibid, I presume you're being ironic, but there are actually students out there who use that lovely phrase?

Shoot them all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

europerson wrote: »
    What's with all the bitchiness on this thread? :confused:
    *looks at title of thread*

*looks at post*

*looks at title of thread again*

My throat is (almost) better, which is bad as i have to back to work :(

xeduCat wrote: »
    Stupid business students actually calling it 'the B-School' - Ibid, I presume you're being ironic, but there are actually students out there who use that lovely phrase?

Shoot them all.
    Business students say it in all sincerity. I say it jokingly, in a demeaning manner, associating That Place with the "B-Team" who, if you were as good at football as me when you were young (;)), were the modern-day equivalent of lepers and cut-throats.

xeduCat wrote: »

Shoot them all.

I use it as a means of venting my scorn at the amount of jargon and **** that they come up.

And yes, B-school is the current US jargon of choice for the business school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Coofffeeee.......

Why don't they sell Red Bull light in the student shop? They only have Red bull regular.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Well, that was kind of mean pet...
    europerson wrote: »
    Eh, that's highly inappropriate, Pet.
    That's not really on now.

Oh woopsy, I didn't realise postings on this board were restricted to Fluffy, Feelgood Bull**** only, or that a sense of humour was purely optional. My bad!

Anyway, I have no sympathy for someone who has to move off-campus and allllllllllll the way back to....Dublin 4. Cry me a ****ing river.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote: »
    Oh woopsy, I didn't realise postings on this board were restricted to Fluffy, Feelgood Bull**** only
    They're not. Muppetry though, as I'm sure you're aware, is frowned upon.

Anyway, I have no sympathy for someone who has to move off-campus and allllllllllll the way back to....Dublin 4. Cry me a ****ing river.
    Pet... take a step back and look at what you're saying. You're being petty, bitter, juvenile and antagonistic. It's uncharacteristic and if I'm candid, very unbecoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

*looks at title of thread*

*looks at post*

*looks at title of thread again*
    I think you're on to something there, all right.
    Oh woopsy, I didn't realise postings on this board were restricted to Fluffy, Feelgood Bull**** only, or that a sense of humour was purely optional. My bad!
    That's a fairly twisted humour, if I may say so.

I'm rather tempted to say something right now, but, for fear of the consequences, I shall refrain.
    ApeXaviour wrote: »
    You're being petty, bitter, juvenile and antagonistic. It's uncharacteristic and if I'm candid, very unbecoming.
    I couldn't have assembled those adjectives better myself.

You're being petty, bitter,

Oh, I assure you, this is in no way fuelled by my frustrations with househunting, in case that's how the cogs are turning. I know plenty of people living on campus, and I've never felt jealous, not for a second. Senior freshmen don't get campus accommodation, and I had my two years in Halls. But thanks for the armchair psychology.
    juvenile and antagonistic. It's uncharacteristic

Pet has always been juvenile. And antagonistic. What's new?
    and if I'm candid, very unbecoming

Unbecoming of what? My respected role as avuncular elder? My position of authority and/or power?
    I'm rather tempted to say something right now, but, for fear of the consequences, I shall refrain.

What consequences? The mods' or mine? I don't think the moderation here is that heavy-handed, in the case of the former, and in the case of the latter, I'm not a very scary person, at least not in meatspace. So go right ahead, honey. Air your mind.
    That's a fairly twisted humour, if I may say so.

Oh, dear, sweet, bleeding Christ on a stick, it's not like somebody died. Get some perspective.

I really love how everyone has jumped in, armour shining, to defend b.ie_polar against Mean, Nasty Pet, without even waiting for [or knowing?] his own reactions or thoughts on the matter. He's more than capable of responding himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

pet you're being a dick. Welcome to the club, meetings are every Wednesday. If its your first time, you have to bring a cake.

b.ie_polar, I'm in your apartment, using your internets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Trouble in paradise?!

Boston wrote:
    pet you're being a dick. Welcome to the club, meetings are every Wednesday. If its your first time, you have to bring a cake.

I think you've already had enough cake.

Well firstly, and this isn't meant to be patronising, but I'm glad you've calmed a little.
    Oh, I assure you, this is in no way fuelled by my frustrations with househunting, in case that's how the cogs are turning.
    They are. If I'm honest, I think it's very unlikely there isn't at least some connection, especially given the completely uncharacteristic nature of the outburst. Call it armchair psychology if you will, I'd be more inclined to label it something along the lines of basic sense.
    Pet has always been juvenile. And antagonistic.
    I disagree, this is really a rare and (for me at least) slightly unpleasant incident.

Unbecoming of what? My respected role as avuncular elder? My position of authority and/or power?
    No roles, no positions, just you.

I really love how everyone has jumped in, armour shining, to defend b.ie_polar against Mean, Nasty Pet, without even waiting for [or knowing?] his own reactions or thoughts on the matter. He's more than capable of responding himself.
    Backing someone up when another is out of order is quite reasonable, and preventative. I'd almost advise he doesn't reply, lest we create another kev-boston situation. It becomes hassle for me, and I'm not very partial to hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:
    I really love how everyone has jumped in, armour shining, to defend b.ie_polar against Mean, Nasty Pet, without even waiting for [or knowing?] his own reactions or thoughts on the matter.
    Ah jaysis Pet, you're killing us here!

Look don't mistake silence for people taking sides. I don't know about the rest of the boardsies but I'm reading this thinking 'Come on Pet, chill the **** out and please don't get banned', rather than 'w00t, go team b.ie, let's screw Pet!'. B.ie said something fairly innocuous about his finances. You said something mean. A few people said that you shouldn't have been mean. It's not some conspiracy or anything!

You're one of my favourite posters here and it's weird seeing you attack another regular cos I don't know why you're doing it. I think Apex and europerson were a bit too harsh towards you but then you were harsh back.

Come on, it's Friday, it's the internet, do you really care about b.ie's finances enough to make the effort to be mean about them?

Actually, on reflection, I'll stop with the **** stirring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

handbags flying.............. jaysus

but I'm glad you've calmed a little.

I was never anything other than perfectly calm. It wasn't an "outburst". It was a post. You can't really have outbursts when making posts, since they involve writing and then posting them. But you knew that anyway, so I don't really need to tell you.
    Ah jaysis Pet, you're killing us here!

Look don't mistake silence for people taking sides. I don't know about the rest of the boardsies but I'm reading this thinking 'Come on Pet, chill the **** out and please don't get banned', rather than 'w00t, go team b.ie, let's screw Pet!'.

My comment wasn't meant in an "oh, everyone's on HIS side, waah, woe is me" sort of way, not at all. It was just meant as...he should be the one to respond, if he's even offended, that is.

And you're right, it's Friday; and I don't care.

Moving on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Um, I was gonna refrain from posting, but I'm really rather curious now...

I've been reading the last few pages and I was just wondering:
    Am I the only person who reckons that a) Pet's post was humorous, and b) that Pet's been unbelievably unfairly targeted by more-or-less everyone else here as a result of it?

Wtf, like?

Grow a f**king sense of humour people, surely you haven't been in Trinity long enough to lose that (yet)...

And we're back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm currently writing the worst email in the world.

Well that's not quite right - I'm clearly procrastinating because the email is so cringingly awkward. Moral of the story is: The longer you wait to write back to someone, the worse it gets.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Stupid work and making me do stuff!

Stargal wrote: »
    Well that's not quite right - I'm clearly procrastinating because the email is so cringingly awkward. Moral of the story is: The longer you wait to write back to someone, the worse it gets.
    Only if you make it so... Just convince yourself that a 6 month gap in contact is just fine and perfectly normal. Type with blissful naivety of any possible social faux pas you may have made, and you'll likely convince the other person you haven't made one at all.

If all else fails, trot out the line "I'm just a girl, hehe hehe".

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

hey every1! im jus wonderin wat the hell is the story wit the 24 hour comp room beside the ussher???? tis absolutely roastin, ALL THE TIME!! is really handy 2 get 2 n all but then ya go in and ya have a headache after like 10 mins n its way 2 warm.

ne ideas? suggestions?

• Advertisement

Randomness wrote: »
    ne ideas? suggestions?

You could go to another computer room perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement