Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Myth wrote: »
    Couldn't be bothered editing. So woohoo for delivery chinese food! Special Curry (w.f.r.) and deep fried crispy wantons. Yum.

Myth has me wanting food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Couldn't be bothered editing. So woohoo for delivery chinese food! Special Curry (w.f.r.) and deep fried crispy wantons. Yum.

My 4-in-1 and prawn crackers concur (Mandarin Inn as well?). Damn builders - we have no kitchen, or back half to our house in general, and nothing approximating a functional appliance in the remaining chunk in which to cook food. Which is something of a moot point, since we also have no food in the house. (literally. Not even bread) So friendly local takeaways ftw!

shay_562 wrote: »
    (Mandarin Inn as well?).

Excelsior on Nutgrove Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ibid wrote: »
    Myth has me wanting food.
    Not me...
    Myth wrote:
    I see MSG, salt, a disproportionate amount of omega 6, starch, starch and more starch. Or neurodegeneration, electrolyte imbalance, brain dysfunction, obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease respectively.

My brain's been captured by the health faerys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    My brain's been captured by the health faerys

It really has, you big sap.

• Advertisement

Indeed. But right now I couldn't care less, since I'm full and therefore happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Myth wrote:
    Excelsior on Nutgrove Avenue.

Never heard of it (and therefore don't trust it. Or you. *shakes fist*)
    Apex wrote:
    Blah blah health science etc
    EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAATTT MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Really, you can see who has the more convincing argument here.

Honestly though, a fresh salad (carrot, cucumber, lettuce, pak-choi, spring onions and some jalapeños) with grilled chicken, a healthy dollop of olive oil, linseed oil, a drop of spicy chilli oil and toasted sesame oil, some lightly fried seeds, garlic and organic cyder vinegar (mouthwatering, heavenly) beats a chinkers chicken slurry any day (vomit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Apex knows the truth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I have to agree: ApeX is looking radiant lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

<3 Excelsior. Good choice Myth.

And of course that kind of food is bad for you but in all fairness, a chinese the odd time is nice. As far as I recall Apex, a small quantity of strong alcoholic beverage has been known to pass your lips, would you not be better with water? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

John wrote: »
    As far as I recall Apex, a small quantity of strong alcoholic beverage has been known to pass your lips, would you not be better with water? :p
    Leave the man with his vices. Its the only way I can get a half-decent massage these days.

And of course that kind of food is bad for you but in all fairness, a chinese the odd time is nice.
    How you feel afterwards isn't though, especially if you're not used to it. Of course I'm willing to admit the same could definitely be said about alcohol.
    As far as I recall Apex, a small quantity of strong alcoholic beverage has been known to pass your lips, would you not be better with water? :p
    Alas I confess, it is my vice and my burden.
    B.ie Polar wrote:
    Leave the man with his vices. Its the only way I can get a half-decent massage these days.
    no comment

Clean spirits are generally not that bad for yea. Beer on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

stupid tcd taking its sweet time with transfers....let me know already!!

Boo to flight delays.

Dear Internet persona

I'm finding it difficult to follow your tales of love and friendship on this 'ere internet forum. Would it be possible to collect an abridged version?

Yours Truly Boston

Boston wrote: »
    Dear Internet persona

I'm finding it difficult to follow your tales of love and friendship on this 'ere internet forum. Would it be possible to collect an abridged version?

Yours Truly Boston
    Sure.

My girlfriend lives in London, thus causing me considerable anxiety.

Is that the internet girlfriend or the American one? Actually hold on a sec I thought you where the gay one of the three'o.

Is that the internet girlfriend or the American one?
    They are one and the same.

• Advertisement

So the American, Internet, girl is currently living in london. For a while there I thought you had 3 on the go.

Actually hold on a sec I thought you where the gay one of the three'o.
    Nah, someone has been feeding you false information. I only act that way to get chicks.
    So the American, Internet, girl is currently living in london. For a while there I thought you had 3 on the go.
    One is more than enough for me at the mo. Although I'm chuffed someone could think I'm a playa. :D

DAMN IT! I'm meant to be heading out tonight and I foolishly thought how "I'll just hop on a 15b and get it to Rathmines", completely forgetting how some ****ing scumbags cancelled my bus route after 6pm. So the nearest bus for me to get (that's departing anytime soon) is a 16, so I've to go to Harold's Cross and walk down.

And yes, I'm aware this is my fault for not remembering, but it's still goddamn annoying.

I've to be up in 24 hours to go to work. That deserves a rant thread mention. But on the plus side I've the remains from the fajita mix I made earlier on in front of me, plus a cup of tea. Plus I broke my mate's toilet tonight. Not sure if that's due in a rant or woohoo thread, but I didn't tell him 'til I left. Whoops. It was an accident though, and I did try to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Broke as in "oops smashy smashy" or broke as in "don't flush that one for a while man, the space shuttle left a payload and i think its gonna burn up on re-entry"?

I imagine he power dumped straight through the porcelain. For shame Myth, for shame.

Neither, it wouldn't flush the first time (wasn't anything toxic in there anyways) so I pulled the handle up to try and flush it down (with a bit of force), and I pulled it too far so that the handle just twirled around. I'm fairly sure they're easy to fix, but I was in a bit of a state so I kinda just ran away.

It's just a piece of wire or chain that needs to be replaced, it can probably still be flushed from within the cistern in the meantime.

It's just a piece of wire or chain that needs to be replaced, it can probably still be flushed from within the cistern in the meantime.
    Ooh, a hidden talent! What the hell are you doing pissing your life away researching for peanuts, when you could have made it big as a plumber?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Ooh, a hidden talent! What the hell are you doing pissing your life away researching for peanuts, when you could have made it big as a plumber?
    He's from the southside; he couldn't deign to work at such a blue-collar profession.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement