Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oi! No taking the piss out of foxrock!

Why do metrosexuals annoy you though? Just wondering cos I love that look.

Ah it was all in good fun though, I'd get the bogger comments in return. :D

Metrosexuals...I can't quite put my finger on it. It's just the whole David Beckham, frosted mohawk bellbottoms thing, it wrecks my head. I'd rather wear a dress than sport that look, and that's the truth. It's so unoriginal and formulaic..no individuality.
    Did I say Issues? I meant to say muppets. Sorry 'bout that.

No problem. Glad to hear you weren't stupid enough to think you could analyse our personalities based on a couple of posts on an internet message board. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Pet wrote:
    I'd rather wear a dress than sport that look, and that's the truth.

Might be a bit breezy!! :D:p
    crash_000 wrote:
    yet every one of blackrocks matches has been shown umpteen times because they have the largest contingent :/
    plenty of michaels games repeated tho too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pet wrote:
    I'd rather wear a dress than sport that look, and that's the truth.

So'd I :rolleyes:

Virtual wave. Hope you found the keys? We only have keys for the SU rooms, the hobgoblins at the CSC have the keys to the society rooms.

Ah, life in house 6. Sooner or later you'll get to know everyone in the building, and realise that some of them never leave....

Yes, I was handed them without any questions! I could have been any thieving scum just waiting to rob sci-fi of all their technological gadgety goodness...but all I wanted was my jacket and books..
    Might be a bit breezy!!

Sure that's half the fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Chick wrote:
    Tis! :p

I'm a Leinster fan. So hypothetically right, if you saw me one day strolling around in my jersey and dubes, would that "attitude" you speak of come to mind straight away? Would you automatically think I'm a stuck up bitch? :( Just wonderin'! Bet it would tho...

actually, most of my post was in relation to the rugby culture in leinster IN RELATION TO RUGBY GAMES - so if i saw you at a match acting in the leinster fan way, i probably would get pissed off :P

gimme munster matches anyday....

• Advertisement

Only thing good about Munster is Ronan O'Garas ass :p

I'M KIDDING!!

Chick wrote:
    Only thing good about Munster is Ronan O'Garas ass :p

I'M KIDDING!!

A donkey plays for Munster!!! :eek:

Oddly, a lot of Germans think they have a hot team in the Heino.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the Michaels games were at least of a slightly better standard than the Blackrock games Chick. much less scrappy and overall less ****E. :)

also, how can you say that about a team that for years were irelands only hope for rugby?! i mean now we've caught up (cept Ulster still arent providing too much on international level) but still, a few years ago munster in the heineken cup were a huge shocker

crash_000 wrote:
    also, how can you say that about a team that for years were irelands only hope for rugby?! i mean now we've caught up (cept Ulster still arent providing too much on international level) but still, a few years ago munster in the heineken cup were a huge shocker

I was only kidding honestly. I know that munster do have a good squad, and I didn't mean any offence my mentioning mr.o'garas backside :p

• Advertisement

That bloody song is still in my head. I want it it out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chick wrote:
    why are some of you guys so seriously bitter about Arts students?
    No prob with the majority of arts student, haven't met one yet who's in an old-boys club, though sometimes they dress a bit weird (each to their own). Bess on the other hand, they're so career driven while they're in bloody college. You'll never find a normal beatnik student who studies bess. Hoity-toity, if I had my way they wouldn't be in college but in some off campus 4 year pre-career training centre (and old-boy sodomy centre ;))
    Chick wrote:
    Why do metrosexuals annoy you though? Just wondering cos I love that look.
    You would..
    Evilution wrote:
    Because they were probably bullied by these so called rugger buggers
    :D Ahahahaha yeah right! If anyone was of that demeanor back in my area, nomatter their size they'd be on the receiving side of the of any abuse.
    Educat wrote:
    whatever happened to people slagging off their own groups/classes?
    Before you finish your tenure can you implement a minimum daylight quota for science students?
    Educat wrote:
    Drives me mad how you get special supplements in the Irish Times, and now even coverage on Setanta ****e-Sports TV.
    Yeah.. I heard somebody defending it on the radio (it may have been George Hook). He said that schools rugby was the most played or popular sport among that agegroup and their parents. The kind of naivity (at times) demonstrated by these people I think is amazing. Have they not heard of soccer? As a kid growing up I hardly knew one boy that didn't play for a local soccer team. There are about 8 different teams in lucan (each estate), with A and B teams right up from U5s to senior. I know they get their supplements in the herald but comeon...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You'll never find a normal beatnik student who studies bess.

I can name four.

Jaysus, I didn't think anyone took the whole Arts Vs Science thing seriously. There are spas in every department just as there are witty, intelligent, handsome John2's in every JS neuroscience course in TCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

I know a few lovely calleens over in the Hamilton.

There's lovely people everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

exactly
    that which distinguishes us, makes us beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John2 wrote:
    I can name four.
    But do they wear longjohns? no, not beatniky enough I'm afraid

One of them could very well wear longjohns. They'd suit him down to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Pet wrote:
    Glad to hear you weren't stupid enough to think you could analyse our personalities based on a couple of posts on an internet message board. ;)
    Ah, the ol' psychology stereotype again. Never fails to make me yawn.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

goood, yawning comming before sleep and sleep good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Selket

Chick wrote:
    Selket, that's a totally unfair generalisation. They do of course have lives, intelligent opinions etc. You're just being unfair there, I know plenty of nice guys doing BESS.

Ahhhhhh, but I got you talking ......
    ;)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You would..
    *Sigh*... meaning what exactly Apex? Am I not allowed to like guys like that now?
    Selket wrote:
    Ahhhhhh, but I got you talking ......
    ;)
    Yeah true, but my opinion still hasn't changed, ya still haven't successfully swayed me :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anyone want to do my 2 assisignments?

I'll swap you my three?

deal.....

You better know your psych ****, cos I sure as hell don't

try 2000 words on lingustic's

When do yours have to be in?

march 21 and i've a ISL prossessing that has to be on the same date...

• Advertisement

mine are 11'th, 14'th and 18'th.... I think

Before next placement anyways -the 21st

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement