Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

By that idea, shouldnt you just be cutting turf though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Why do I always say stupid things when everything is going so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Uh oh, what you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Ooh, a hidden talent! What the hell are you doing pissing your life away researching for peanuts, when you could have made it big as a plumber?

What Pet said. Actually, I know all sorts of handyman type tips thanks to leaving cert construction studies. I can damp proof a house, build a flat roof, build furniture from scratch and tell you how to plumb a house (in general). I'm nearly self-sufficient.

Actually, I just remembered a time when my knowledge of plumbing and neuroscience combined. I was washing some equipment that I had dismantled and the screw fell down the plug hole. One u-bend later I had the whole thing put back together beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

John wrote: »
    What Pet said. Actually, I know all sorts of handyman type tips thanks to leaving cert construction studies. I can damp proof a house, build a flat roof, build furniture from scratch and tell you how to plumb a house (in general). I'm nearly self-sufficient.
    Hmmm, I don't know how to do any of those things. That's a bit worrying.

Rant: It's....soooooo......cold......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote: »
    Uh oh, what you do?
    I completely innocently referred to a dog dying in a television series, and I upset someone whose dog had died recently.

Off sick from work today. I somehow ****ed up my back, so it's v. painful to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

"We regret to inform you that as TSM History and TSM Modern Irish are beyond the subscriptions, no further consideration will be given to your transfer application."

Cheers...nice one....

Bye bye trinity!!

Myth wrote: »
    Off sick from work today. I somehow ****ed up my back, so it's v. painful to do anything.

Ouch - Its deeeeep heat and paracetemol time for the next few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

John wrote: »
    Same, although I didn't do construction studies, I was just the one who always had to fix stuff in our house [extremely lazy family].

lilmizzme wrote: »
    "We regret to inform you that as TSM History and TSM Modern Irish are beyond the subscriptions, no further consideration will be given to your transfer application."

Cheers...nice one....

Bye bye trinity!!
    That sucks. Could you do single honours in one of them or something instead?

Rant: Stress City, Cincinnati.

lilmizzme wrote: »

Cheers...nice one....

Bye bye trinity!!

Re-apply. Someone might drop out before January - before the second deadline.

I'm off the booze. Double rant because I was just paid, and I may be unable to drink on my graduation next week.

I've been writing this article since 8am this morning and from 11am - 10pm last night and it's still not finished. I'm teenagerily cranky and I really need to shower.

And Dina Rabinovitch died yesterday. She was this columnist for the Guardian who wrote about having cancer. This will sound dumb but I never actually thought she'd die from it so when I read it on the Guardian site really late last night I just ended up crying in front of my computer cos it had a collection of some of her columns and it was just really really sad.

So much chocolate. Too much chocolate. I feel queasy and ick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I thought we were all too old for trick-or-treating?

You could have told me before last night, Pet!

Head. Hurts.

and my supervisor wants me to DO stuff. I'm scared....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

b.ie polar wrote: »

I thought the same about Jesus.

I went to see an apartment tonight that I was kinda looking forward to. Arrived 20 minutes early to see a sign stating that it has already been let. I made the best of being there with my girlfriend (and we had another place to view an hour after, but that turned out to be ****e), but it's still fairly frustrating when landlords don't even consider how other people might have to give up their own time in order to view a place.

When I was helping my sister and dad rent out their places they didn't act like complete pricks, and sent texts to people to let them know that it was rented or that people were unsuccessful. Some people...

• Advertisement

Welcome to the last FOUR WEEKS OF MY ****ING LIFE.

Ahem.

You're never too old. But I didn't trick-or-treat, in any case. I just stole the chocolate that my friend's little brother went to all the effort of gathering, after he went to bed. :)

Current rant: can't sleep, and feel really sick. Based on my symptoms, Dr. Hypochondriasis is screaming "GLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVER!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote: »
    "GLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVERGLANDULARFEVER!"
    When my friend had glandular fever he felt fine initially. Then suddenly got a little woozy, went to the bathroom, collapsed unconscious and his next memory was being taken away in an ambulance and covered in his own vomit.

His neck resembled something like http://media.npr.org/programs/re/elements/2002/frog/frog3_300.jpg for about 2 months after.

I think it's very very unlikely you have it. I imagine you do too, but can't get the possibility out of your head. I know the feeling.

Gotta go all the way out to St. James to view this room where i'll be bringing equipment out to the end of January for some experiments with the neuroscience people.

ALL THE WAY TO JAMES. Its a drinking day people, not a work day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I think it's very very unlikely you have it. I imagine you do too, but can't get the possibility out of your head. I know the feeling.

It can be contracted through scoring and is one of the things the health center in trinity deal will regularly enough. So pet, you been a bold boy lately?

Pet wrote: »
    Welcome to the last FOUR WEEKS OF MY ****ING LIFE.

Ahem.

I know! That's why I put it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

... Trinity; where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Went to the Student Records office today to sort out a problem I've been having. It was not my first time to this office for this same reason. After chatting for a while they directed me towards the Graduate Studies office. Here I spoke to three different people until one eventually told me I had to go to the Senior Lecturer's office. Finally there I encountered a very helpful person by the name of Lorraine who knew exactly what she was about. She rang the Student Records office (again!) and told them what needed to be done to fix my problem. Thank you Lorraine. But I still feel entitled to moan about the hour or so I was wandering around uselessly.

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Gotta go all the way out to St. James to view this room where i'll be bringing equipment out to the end of January for some experiments with the neuroscience people.

ALL THE WAY TO JAMES. Its a drinking day people, not a work day.

Ooh, what are you doing?

Using a head mounted display and computer generated graphics to test what effect visual stimulus has on blood pressure flow to parts of the body. So i create the system, they do the tests :P

Specifically, strapping people into a tilt table for 4 times between 4 days. First time they are tilted to from 0 to 80 degrees without the HMD, and blood pressure and muscle movement tested.

Second time its done with the HMD showing movement similar to what would be seen without it.

Third time is done with HMD showing no movement however test subject being tilted.

Fourth time movement is shown on the HMD while the tilt table is not in use.

Its kinda interesting, and the Nueroscience people are nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Using a head mounted display and computer generated graphics to test what effect visual stimulus has on blood pressure flow to parts of the body.
    Teehee. I can think of some visuals that alter blood pressure in a certain part of the body.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement