Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It's okay, Bartley, it's not that bad; there are only six more months of Council meetings left.

Myth wrote: »
    He uses OpenOffice too.

Heathen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Ibid wrote: »
    It's okay, Bartley, it's not that bad; there are only six more months of Council meetings left.

I actually enjoy Board meetings. It's just that I'm doing an overview of the HEA RGAM and its impact on College finances. It's actually a tragedy and is just so depressing. So so depressing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

Can't sleep... 2S3 will eat me....

*waves goodbye to schols in maths*

What? 4 full months away?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Blazary, you should go here for a load of really useful Study Skills materials. Also, to prep for them, consider tackling previous Schol Exam Papers. They can be found here.

Also, Schols are a stressful set of exams but there are lots of ways to get through it. Perhaps one of the most effective is the simplest and therefore the silliest sounding: Eat, Sleep and Play. You need to look after yourself while studying intensely or you just won't function properly. Then you might spontaneously combust. Not fun. Seriously though, check out the Study Skills stuff then try your hand at some papers. If you want any more advice on Schols in general, e-mail me at education@tcdsu.org.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

We should have a 'schols' thread where we can all moan about it....

Off you go so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Indeed, fire away, that thread has become somewhat of an annual tradition. It usually doesn't start 'till January, but I've no objections. It could also be a place to contain all the useful information for all those sitting it next March.

Edit: too late I already did it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I've had a chest infection for the last two weeks and now i have new syptoms, and I'm drowning in work. I need to write an essay every 6 days or so up to the end of term and prepare for exams and then theres the stooopid institute kids homework to correct, and they're soo dense and there's so much of it and I'd bollick them out of it if they wrote a sentence this long.........:( Or maybe if the sentence was a bit longer.

And the dog keeps farting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

aaaaaaaaghhhh. I'm so bogged down. I've got so much catching up to do, and it's stressing me out to the max. Gaaaaaaaahh.

Also, the shower in my new place is rather crap. It's one of those attached-to-the-bath-taps ones, with pressure like a watering can; also, there's no riser, so you have to hold the shower head whilst you shower. Bah!

I'm never living in the US, I think there's something in the water here that makes you fat.

I think its more the fact that one course over there is equivalent to three over here plus eating a tin of lard while also drinking what remains in the pan after you fry breakfast.

Not to mention the forks are covered with sugar and every substance is gilded in tempting, tempting chocolate.
    Try the Butterfingers though, they're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I'm never living in the US, I think there's something in the water here that makes you fat.

Probably animal hormones of some description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I think it's more likely to be something in the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I think its more the fact that one course over there is equivalent to three over here

Word - spent two weeks in Florida this summer, rarely ate more than one meal a day. There's just so much food!

Edit: Topic, think I've caught whatever's going around. Spent day in bed feeling nauseous, which isn't helped by having builders in at the moment and drills going near-constantly from 8-4. Bleeeeech.

shay_562 wrote: »
    Word - spent two weeks in Florida this summer, rarely ate more than one meal a day. There's just so much food!

Edit: Topic, think I've caught whatever's going around. Spent day in bed feeling nauseous, which isn't helped by having builders in at the moment and drills going near-constantly from 8-4. Bleeeeech.

I had something like that recently, its annoying but it passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I was brought to Copperface Jack's tonight. I'm not one for cursing, but, seriously, WTF?

Haha, you and coppers, I have difficulty picturing it.

:mad: This is bad:

alsgeneral.gif

Trust me...

• Advertisement

I have a chest infection.....still, no choice but to go to today's lab.
    I'm feelign decidedly meh. I want to go home to mayo and have chicken soup. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote: »
    I was brought to Copperface Jack's tonight. I'm not one for cursing, but, seriously, WTF?

Eye opener?

europerson wrote: »

Get yourself checked.

For some reason, the SA1s in PWC all loved the place...

Haha, you and coppers, I have difficulty picturing it.
    I have difficulty visualising how and why it happened.
    Eye opener?
    Eyes aren't really necessary, it seemed: touchy-feely seems to be the way to go in it. Example: "Oh you feel like a man/woman: oh, it feels like we're against a wall" <Appropriate period of time later> <Eyes open> <Run away> (That's not a personal experience, by the way.)
    Get yourself checked.
    Don't worry: you're safe. We sleep in different rooms, remember?
    For some reason, the SA1s in PWC all loved the place...
    After a challenging day in PWC, there's nothing like relaxing easiness...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The Telex machine is kept so clean
    As it types to a waiting world,
    And Mother feels so shocked,
    Father's world is rocked,
    And their thoughts turn to
    Their own little girl
    Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen,
    No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat,
    They can see no reasons
    Cos there are no reasons
    What reasons do you need

In short, I don't really like mondays :P

çrash_000 wrote: »
    The Telex machine is kept so clean
    As it types to a waiting world,
    And Mother feels so shocked,
    Father's world is rocked,
    And their thoughts turn to
    Their own little girl
    Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen,
    No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat,
    They can see no reasons
    Cos there are no reasons
    What reasons do you need

In short, I don't really like mondays :P

Hah! Sent the same in an e-mail to friends on mine today. Plus this:
    Alan Partridge: 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".
    Aidan Walsh: I really hate to do this to you, Alan, but it's actually a song about...
    Paul Tool: Yeah, bloody Sunday is actually about a massacre in Derry in 1972.
    Alan Partridge: A massacre? Ugh. I'm not playing that again.

I've just done an online aptitude test that was hellish. It involved for the most part rotations of the letter R.

Axial or azimuthal? Was it trying to get you to type in Cyrillic maybe?

Axial or azimuthal?
    Both.
    Was it trying to get you to type in Cyrillic maybe?
    That might have been easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Final year is a ****ing pain in the arse. hate it. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement