Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote: »
    Life is really, really **** sometimes (in part due to my own stupidity, because I am an idiot who does very bad things), and I can't help but feel that it's all about to get dramatically worse.

You sir are in need of a pint and a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Boston wrote:
    You sir are in need of a pint and a shot.

Given that, thus far, alcohol has only exacerbated the problem, methinks this is one of those problems that can't be solved by alcohol. Who knew those existed?

Well you need the other extreme then, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You dont mean....the anti-drunk?!?!

That exactly what I mean... (dramatic pause) din! din! din!

• Advertisement

I have no idea what either of you are talking about, but I am appropriately terrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

çrash_000 wrote: »
    You dont mean....the anti-drunk?!?!
    Yeah, that bastid stole my pint!

I didn't get to troll the DCU bird about my box.

Moan:BoxBird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Moan: both of my ankles are missing skin after ice skating yesterday. It was fun though and we got to see some random documentary being filmed for channel six. I think you can see me shuffling along on the ice in the background now...look for a large cream-coloured anorak with a furry hood moving along at the speed of a snail.

• Advertisement

Similar to paperclip: went skating on Tuesday, lasted three laps of the ice before falling over and splitting my chin open (leaving a nice little bloodstain on the ice to traumatise the young kids but good) and had to go to the first aid tent to get it cleaned and banadaged, only to be told I shouldn't go back out. Boo-urns.

Oh, and as of yesterday I'm once again single. This has, perhaps, not been the best week ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh, and as of yesterday I'm once again single. This has, perhaps, not been the best week ever.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not going to have any parties in my room for a long time and when they recommence, they shall be small, humble, quiet affairs amongst friends, with discussions abound of endogenous growth theory, non-linear econometric models and the homogeneous consumption assumption within the risk-premium puzzle, and they shall be held only on nights not followed by lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm really really sorry for dumping all the responsibility of Dead_Ed on you. No really I felt so bad. It was only the crippling hangover that prevented me from going over and helping you clean up. :(

I'll make it up somehow in some small token way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ibid wrote:
    I'm not going to have any parties in my room for a long time and when they recommence, they shall be small, humble, quiet affairs amongst friends, with discussions abound of endogenous growth theory, non-linear econometric models and the homogeneous consumption assumption within the risk-premium puzzle, and they shall be held only on nights not followed by lectures.
    Errrr.... sorry about that.

Don't worry about it, you did a good job in cleaning it up.

Someone forgot a USB cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh no, what did you do this time Ed?

My rant: AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHCKBLAH. The amount of work I have to do over the Christmas break continues to multiply. It's not going to be a holiday at all; at this rate, I'll have to be working on Christmas day to get through all of it.

SO UNFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Pet wrote: »
    My rant: AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHCKBLAH. The amount of work I have to do over the Christmas break continues to multiply. It's not going to be a holiday at all; at this rate, I'll have to be working on Christmas day to get through all of it.

SO UNFAIR.

Everyone i know in third year is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Try fourth year.

****os.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thestarrover

Following was a post (not by me!)that was closed for no reasonable reason...

When will trinity college students step out of the box and start living in the real world? They are too shielded in life. Comments welcome.

I didn't see any reason for pulling this folks?

Anyway my answer is that many will never have to live in the real world in their life, a sweeping generalisation I know, but to a certain extent it is true. It is all to do with context of course, but Dublin is starting to turn into a crazy place.

I remember a few years ago when that fella in S.America Chavez was becoming popular, RTE had a piece in the capital, and the city was divided in 2 , by a valley, one half of the valley was living under corrugated & cardboard, the other side of the valley was wearing gucci sunglasses,they could see each others houses accross the valley; the article showed Chavez on the telly, the cardboard half said that he gave them hope, the gucci half behind their iron clad houses said he was not a human being.

I dunno what the reality is there, but it seems to me a lot of Dublin is growing as far apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Following was a post (not by me!)that was closed for no reasonable reason...

When will trinity college students step out of the box and start living in the real world? They are too shielded in life. Comments welcome.

I didn't see any reason for pulling this folks?

Anyway my answer is that many will never have to live in the real world in their life, a sweeping generalisation I know, but to a certain extent it is true. It is all to do with context of course, but Dublin is starting to turn into a crazy place.

I remember a few years ago when that fella in S.America Chavez was becoming popular, RTE had a piece in the capital, and the city was divided in 2 , by a valley, one half of the valley was living under corrugated & cardboard, the other side of the valley was wearing gucci sunglasses,they could see each others houses accross the valley; the article showed Chavez on the telly, the cardboard half said that he gave them hope, the gucci half behind their iron clad houses said he was not a human being.

I dunno what the reality is there, but it seems to me a lot of Dublin is growing as far apart.

Without the sweeping generalizations, this isn't about TCD at all and this is a TCD forum. It would have been better asked in a different forum.
    Besides, making such a sweeping generalization is completely unfair to trinity students. As people said in the other thread, all universities contain a fair amount of people like that, but this is like saying 'When will all you snobs stop living in your own dream world?' when the answer is a) We're not all snobs and b) The dream world you refer to can be found everywhere. Who was it that said (to paraphrase) 'Man cannot bear too much reason?' We're living in a world today where one of the unimaginable sins is tellling someone else what to do and this is one of the inevitable results...

but let's not drag down the rant/moan thread. I have another rant instead: I wish there were more hours in the day and less enzymes in the human body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ibid wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, you did a good job in cleaning it up.

Someone forgot a USB cable.

Is it a grey one with "iriver" possibly written somewhere on it?
    Pet wrote:
    Oh no, what did you do this time Ed?

Jagermeister did it!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Is it a grey one with "iriver" possibly written somewhere on it?
    Yep.
    Jagermeister did it!
    Now in ready-made Chicken Tikka flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

There's a crack in my new laptop :mad:

Dead Ed wrote: »

Jagermeister did it!

I discovered Jager Bombs last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

12 pubs of xmas last night, and ive only gone and lost my coat, with my mp3 player and my phone in it! :mad: €500 down the swanny if i don't get it back, and just to add further misery to it, my passport was in my inside pocket as well!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

beglee wrote: »
    12 pubs of xmas last night, and ive only gone and lost my coat, with my mp3 player and my phone in it! :mad: €500 down the swanny if i don't get it back, and just to add further misery to it, my passport was in my inside pocket as well!! :mad::mad:
    Went blazing around town to the last 5 pubs on the list looking for it with no luck, but when i got home, i checked my email, and HUZZAH one of the lads on the 12 pubs took it home by accident!! :D:D:D

So it's a happy ending for me, and ill get all my stuff back in a day or two :D

Happy Christmas! iconbiggrinul5.gif

Had a nightmare last night - can't remember most of it, but I know that matrix typical terms and the Taylor expansion featured heavily. I think I may be going mad. Also, boo-urns to Economic Analysis.

Had a nightmare last night - can't remember most of it, but I know that matrix typical terms and the Taylor expansion featured heavily. I think I may be going mad. Also, boo-urns to Economic Analysis.

Meh, I'm still having dreams about how I've somehow still more exams to do; that I'm completed part of my degree but that while part of my thinks that I'm finished, another overwhelming part of my decides "oh, don't be silly, you've 50% still to go" or something like that. Odd since I've my two pieces of catskin at home at this stage.

See - even your subconcious is telling you to do a post grad

• Advertisement

Similar stuff happened me last year. Although, I was always able to do whatever equations my subconcious threw at me, which made me feel better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement