Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

See - even your subconcious is telling you to do a post grad

I've never ruled it out, but I still think going into the workplace first of all was a good idea, especially after 5 years in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Myth wrote: »
    I've never ruled it out, but I still think going into the workplace first of all was a good idea, especially after 5 years in college.

You're more likely to take a serious look at alternative universities by taking some time out, which is good considering school of engineering is like. I wouldn't do one in Civil or electrical departments tbh. Mech maybe.

Boston wrote: »
    You're more likely to take a serious look at alternative universities by taking some time out, which is good considering school of engineering is like. I wouldn't do one in Civil or electrical departments tbh. Mech maybe.

Yeah. I didn't want to rush in either for the sake of doing one. Plus earning is always good...

Boston wrote: »

I was thinking quite about this over the summer for quite a bit.

I had figured that I want to get college done with in one run, but am trying to get out of Trinity for my postgrad, and maybe come back for a PhD.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i bought a gig of Ram for my laptop and its the wrong type :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I missed the check-in for my flight back to Dublin today by 20 minutes. This simple 20-minute delay (not my fault) has cost me and my two amigos E850 between the three of us.

God damn, I'm annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

This really isn't your year, is it, Pet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hmm.

I suppose it seems that way, but that's only because I tend to rant publicly about the [trivial] annoying things--all the good stuff I stay silently grateful for. There's been way more good this year than bad, but I don't like going around woo-hooing at every success or stroke of fortune I've had, because that feels too much like boasting. Also, any truly bad stuff doesn't make it into the public sphere--that, I deal with privately.

I consider myself very lucky, and am always thankful to God/the flying spaghetti monster/the universe/Gaia/providence/whatever--for the opportunities I have, for my ability to seize them, for the amazing, interesting, loyal friends and family I have, and for my generally reasonable health and mobility.

Even this experience, though annoying, hasn't gotten me down. I've lost money, lots of it, and some valuable time, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to starve on the streets. I've kept my sense of humour throughout, even when I accidentally booked my new flight for Saturday instead of Friday, and had to pay another E75 to change it. [Seriously. It may have been hysteria, but I screamed the web cafe down.]

Basically, even though I may have more posts in this thread than anyone else, I rarely, rarely feel sorry for myself, even during pretty hard times, and I always see the silver lining in rantable situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote: »
    I missed the check-in for my flight back to Dublin today by 20 minutes. This simple 20-minute delay (not my fault) has cost me and my two amigos E850 between the three of us.

God damn, I'm annoyed.

****ing hell! I hope the seats you got were made of gold!

Packing. Lots of packing.

• Advertisement

• Ugh, I hate working. I asked for a day off over Christmas, either the 24th or the 27th, didn't get either, so I'll only be home for Christmas day and Stephen's Day....haven't seen my brother and sister in over 7 months so would have really appreciated more time :( It's especially annoying because loads of other people got both days off, along with the 28th....I only wanted ONE!! My boss informed me that she had great news - I wouldn't be working Stephen's day. Wow, thanks, isn't that nice, you're 'letting' me have off what is a national holiday anyway!!! They really were expecting me to be all grateful! Bloody hell, I work every other weekend and a few late night shifts every week for crap pay, and they can't give me one day off at Christmas!

Knowing I wouldn't be getting any holidays at Christmas, I asked in November if I could have a couple of days in February to visit family over in Italy and they still haven't got back to me about it....they're saying probably not, they'll let me know in January. Well that's really bloody useful, letting me know a week before, when all the flights are hundreds of euro and all my relatives have made other plans. What's the point in requesting holidays if they can't be guaranteed??

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Bloody driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Myself and the girlfriend ordered chinese tonight - as usual, trying to describe to the delivery guy where the house is is a pain. SO i get a phonecall saying he's close by, and i tell him i'll meet him at the entrance to my house.

Unbeknownst to me, the stupid ****er has gone down into the estate beside my home, right to the end, and driven up and over into a bit of someones garden....which was muddy. Cue 5-10 minutes of work to get the stupid ****ers car out of the mud he's got it stuck into, while not trying to get covered in muck. idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Woh... weird. Poor incompetant chap. I'd say the experience was worth it for you though crash. If for nothing else but an entertaining story you can embellish on in the pub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I'd say the experience was worth it for you though crash.

Also the food. I could have done with Chinese food....I'm hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Woh... weird. Poor incompetant chap. I'd say the experience was worth it for you though crash. If for nothing else but an entertaining story you can embellish on in the pub.
    I probably would, cept i'm still pissed off. I've got a gash on my left middle finger thanks to the ****er, where it took me about ten minutes afterwards to realise a sliver of chip board had driven about a centimetre into my finger. pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Chipboard in finger and a pain in the arse? Dude, you need to get your Central Nervous System checked out.

family feuds in foreign countries..

that and screaming god kids made last night hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chipboard in finger and a pain in the arse? Dude, you need to get your Central Nervous System checked out.

An extreme case of referred pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

How come it always comes down to "Rime of the ancient mariner"? Up the Irons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

can't seem to find anywhere that develops digital photos for under 60 cent each and all the internet sites demand credit cards.

Also, driving test coming up so have to get out in my car more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Women!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

At a party last night a friend of mine wanted people outside dancing on the street. For some reason I thought this was a great idea. So there's me dancing away and somehow I fall- quite hard apparently. I got up and felt fine. Today I'm walking like an 82 year old woman with severe arthritis who's misplaced her walker. I mean I know that tarmac doesn't usually feel soft, but I was thinking that maybe it was a new years miracle kind of thing. Apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I had intended to catch up on all the missed lectures and wasted time spent working during the last term while on the Christmas break.

However; I've just worked more and spent far too much time vegetating on front of the telly watching Scrubs/Dexter/Heroes and a multitude of movies when I could have been doing something productive to further my edumacation. Bah.

Back in work.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've a toothache :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Damn PayPal doesn't accept Laser!

There's something incredibly unsettling about arriving into work when it's dark, and leaving when it's dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

My dog just had a stroke and can't walk now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement