Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

That sounds like fyp stress to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I hate January.

And this term.

And stupid behaviour (especially when it is one's own).

Boo-urns, dammit.

(Will also add: yes, have had negative experiences with some of the librarians; some are lovely and helpful but then there are others who are unhelpful and unfriendly, and as sympathetic as I am to people and bad days, there's one utter witch in there who I've really just repeatedly found unpleasant to deal with.)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Moan: Throat infection, can't speak, boards.ie has become my main method of communication.

My voice has gotten so bad, people are asking me how late I was out last night:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

How did you quess so well? I have put my frustration into a jpeg for all to see.

whymedislikesworkeh3.jpg

yes, this is what I have spent my time doing (well, all of five minutes).

Put it into an appendix. And stretch the image out so that it's a foldable A3 size.

Ah yes. Final year project. So many A3 pages.

• Advertisement

Oh, add on the fact that its 6 screens per eye (3 per row, 2 per column).

THEN

add in the fact that I then have to align the two eyes so as to give stereoscopic vision. EHEHEH?!?!

Funding Currency -> Exchange rate -> Target Currency.

Discuss (preferably on one screen) what the -> mean...

Thats my dissertation summed up! But I don't get to play with screens or eyes.. or really understand what I am doing..

Hrmm, needs more cowbell.

You never really get to understand how your fyp works until you're sitting there sometime after the submission hour with your forth pint in you hand gibbering like a mad man at the passer-bys on grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

my shoes are still wet from the rain

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    You never really get to understand how your fyp works until you're sitting there sometime after the submission hour with your forth pint in you hand gibbering like a mad man at the passer-bys on grafton street.

I plan to summarise mine into a mini essay and go for publication in the Holy Grail of Econonomics.

That should help the matter up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

snorlax wrote: »
    my shoes are still wet from the rain
    pack them with newspaper and leave them somewhere dry overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I like slowly turning them on a radiator. Actually, I'm going to put my shoes on the radiator tonight. They'll be lovely and toasty in the morning!

Either that, or my room will be on fire.

nothing quite as good as boxers on the radiator. Bad for sperm count, good for snugglyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Bad for sperm count, good for snugglyness.

:D

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Bad for sperm count
    How come? I might need my little swimmers one day, but I'm willing to try this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Either that, or my room will be on fire.

If you're responsible for getting me out of bed and into front square in the middle of the night for the 2nd time this week, there will be hell to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

b.ie polar wrote: »
    How come? I might need my little swimmers one day, but I'm willing to try this out.
    Same reason the beans are on the outside. The swimmers ideally need a temperature slightly lower than core body temp. Ever notice how that area "reacts" to warmth or coolness? It might look like something that should be dangling out the side of a shark's mouth but make no bones about it, that whole region is extremely functional.

lies in wait to be called on obvious pun

I'm drunk you fun.

I find it disturbing how quickly I can become adjusted to getting up ridiculously early for work.

• Advertisement

wowy wrote: »
    If you're responsible for getting me out of bed and into front square in the middle of the night for the 2nd time this week, there will be hell to pay.
    Speaking of, I think I'm going to have to clean my sooty kitchen myself, which really isn't fair. The other kitchenees have gone back to using it (despite the still-present stench of burnt plastic) but seem quite happy to put clean dishes on a rack right next to a wall covered in soot. Evidently, no-one cares about cleanliness. Ah, the perils of being a clean-freak.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Same reason the beans are on the outside. The swimmers ideally need a temperature slightly lower than core body temp. Ever notice how that area "reacts" to warmth or coolness? It might look like something that should be dangling out the side of a shark's mouth but make no bones about it, that whole region is extremely functional.

lies in wait to be called on obvious pun
    Bones?

Anywho, fertility has never been much of an issue in my family. In fact, I could do with a little semi-sterilisation.

Double barrelled first names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Assignment due tomorrow. Really boring and repetitive, some might say even pointless. Feel unwell. Can't get my head around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

:confused:im board wit boards .ie its boring i joined few weeks ago thinking we could talk openly but na jesus every thread i go into is locked boring boring the mods are neards if its not their way its the high way whats the point i know il be sent to hell for this but i dont really care im closing this thread if its not funny or if they mention the colour blue or dont mention the war so on and so on watch this space up yours mods over and out........................................................................................................................................................

:confused:im board wit boards .ie its boring i joined few weeks ago thinking we could talk openly but na jesus every thread i go into is locked boring boring the mods are neards if its not their way its the high way whats the point i know il be sent to hell for this but i dont really care im closing this thread if its not funny or if they mention the colour blue or dont mention the war so on and so on watch this space up yours mods over and out..............................................................................................................................................

funny-pictures-protective-father-cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

hmmmmmmmmmmmm yea kind funny not bad supose is that your cat how do you atach a pic? nice big pussy by the way.o and dump the green leather couch not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

:confused:im board wit boards .ie its boring i joined few weeks ago thinking we could talk openly but na jesus every thread i go into is locked boring boring the mods are neards if its not their way its the high way whats the point i know il be sent to hell for this but i dont really care im closing this thread if its not funny or if they mention the colour blue or dont mention the war so on and so on watch this space up yours mods over and out........................................................................................................................................................

Right, I haven't the slightest what you meant by that incredibly long unbroken sentence. I do know that it reminds me of 1.15 mins into this video:

(I guess I am a neard(sic) so... I do love that video so)

I keep watching the space he told me to, but nothings happening :(

edit: apex, i ****ing love you. The moment I saw the still image I hoped it was the song :)

I don't think I've ever been given out to by a mod. But then I do tend to be a rather jovial character, and I have little need to inflict my personal issues on random cyber people by getting rude and bolshy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    (I guess I am a neard(sic) so... I do love that video so)

It is awesome squared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement