Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

<3 Picard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oh good God, I do love that song so very very much. I managed to leave it on repeat at a house party for half an hour before people realised - Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Right, I haven't the slightest what you meant by that incredibly long unbroken sentence. I do know that it reminds me of 1.15 mins into this video:

(I guess I am a neard(sic) so... I do love that video so)

Awesome-oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the equipment i was working on has to be sent back to the states. because of shoddy workmanship, one set of screens has become unstuck, and now is out of alignment. that ****S my final year project. **** **** **** **** ****.

I'm screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

mp3 stopped working..don't know if ill get a refund either if its 3 weeks old..

• Advertisement

çrash_000 wrote: »
    the equipment i was working on has to be sent back to the states. because of shoddy workmanship, one set of screens has become unstuck, and now is out of alignment. that ****S my final year project. **** **** **** **** ****.

I'm screwed.

That really blows! Does any other lab in the country do similar research using the same equipment? Could you borrow their equipment/go to their lab? What is the equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

snorlax wrote: »
    mp3 stopped working..don't know if ill get a refund either if its 3 weeks old..

Unless you damaged it yourself (dropped it in water or something - it happens!), that's not an acceptable length of time before it dies a fair and venerable death. You should be entitled to a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

John wrote: »
    That really blows! Does any other lab in the country do similar research using the same equipment? Could you borrow their equipment/go to their lab? What is the equipment?

Given the group crash appears to be working with, its extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I did post that when drunk - I'm not sure how big an effect this is going to have but i'll find out on monday what the turn around time on repair is etc. Fingers crossed its something manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Stupid-not-able-to-move-neck-ness..... damn drafts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Right, I haven't the slightest what you meant by that incredibly long unbroken sentence. I do know that it reminds me of 1.15 mins into this video:

(I guess I am a neard(sic) so... I do love that video so)
    and i built you up for that joke so il take half the credit
    assxaviour;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My manflu is back with a vengeance. Curses.

shay_562 wrote: »
    My manflu is back with a vengeance. Curses.

Well drinking excessively and not resting enough the first time probably explains it. Do you even remember a conversation about men in uggs? Well a man-boy in uggs?

wish they'de re-open the stella in rathmines..i don't like the cinema in dundrum..its always full of screaming kids and it's pricier then the UGC/ cineworld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

snorlax wrote:
    wish they'de re-open the stella in rathmines..i don't like the cinema in dundrum..its always full of screaming kids and it's pricier then the UGC/ cineworld

True, but it does have (a) more choice and (b) 80% fewer rats and crazy drunken homeless people. Plus, the heating system works (very handy in winter).
    Well drinking excessively and not resting enough the first time probably explains it. Do you even remember a conversation about men in uggs? Well a man-boy in uggs?

I call shenanigans - private drunken conversations should remain private, not be splayed across boards. Unless you want me to fight dirty (which you're well aware that I can, c.f. all previous games of Never Have I Ever).

shay_562 wrote: »

I call shenanigans - private drunken conversations should remain private, not be splayed across boards. Unless you want me to fight dirty (which you're well aware that I can, c.f. all previous games of Never Have I Ever).

It wasn't private. You were in the middle of your front garden yelling at me as I was trying to leave. The conversation ranged from insane it-maketh-no-sense-ness to you rolling on the ground laughing at my emus and then something about uggs. The person's mother who I was getting the lift home from heard all of it as did the other half dozen people outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

It wasn't private. You were in the middle of your front garden yelling at me as I was trying to leave. The conversation ranged from insane it-maketh-no-sense-ness to you rolling on the ground laughing at my emus and then something about uggs. The person's mother who I was getting the lift home from heard all of it as did the other half dozen people outside.

I hate to interrupt your 'private' argument, but I have a moan to add...

I left my keys (foolishly, I know) in my locker. Miraculously, nothing was taken out of the lockers and the keys were given to security. My USB on the keyring is gone though....along with needed info. Do you think there's any way I could get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

paperclip wrote: »
    I left my keys (foolishly, I know) in my locker. Miraculously, nothing was taken out of the lockers and the keys were given to security. My USB on the keyring is gone though....along with needed info. Do you think there's any way I could get it back?
    If it was taken off your keyring it's probably been nicked by somebody who wanted a free USB key, so there's not really any way of finding it (and it is unlikely to be handed in). Bad luck, I'm afraid.

Strangely enough though, he didn't take the cap (it's not hard to remove either) and left it on the keyring, which leads me to feel it might not have been stolen but rather...I don't know. I guess if I were to steal something like that, I'd take the cap as well, to protect the 'free' USB stick...
    Or maybe I'm just naive. There goes all my info. :mad:

nissan are trying to charge me 200euros to get my set of car keys cut!!

• Advertisement

Are they the kind that you use to 'beep' open the door remotely? If so, I can see why. If not.....can't you just get them cut in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I know this doesn't help, but €200 is pretty reasonable compared to the prices that some car companies charge.

yeah it is one of the beeping ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

hmmm, large and very alive rat in the bottom floor of me building. Wonder if it's to do with me flushing tons of food waste down the toilet!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    hmmm, large and very alive rat in the bottom floor of me building. Wonder if it's to do with me flushing tons of food waste down the toilet!
    Did someone say rifle time?

Mayhaps indeed, Z. I'm perusing this as recommended by a mate. THere wil be murder, murder most foul! He's a fairly friendly but on the other hand he is a rat!

Dead Ed wrote: »

<3 rats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Then why did you kill so many?

Because I don't know my own strength :(

• Advertisement

hmmm, he's gone now. damn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement