Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you 2 gotta discover irc or msn or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

psychology is grand - its just waffle........ you just quote 3 different theories that explain the same thing......

If its Psychiatry, then its harder as you need to know your **** properly for that........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Either way, I don't "know my ****"... :(

How do you know what our assigments are by the way Doc? Oooh don't suppose youd know anything about exams?? (takin a wild guess here i know :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

DrIndy wrote:
    psychology is grand - its just waffle........ you just quote 3 different theories that explain the same thing

Not if you want a decent grade you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Chick wrote:
    Either way, I don't "know my ****"... :(

How do you know what our assigments are by the way Doc? Oooh don't suppose youd know anything about exams?? (takin a wild guess here i know :D )

I used to be the Faculty Convenor, so I know the intricasies of how every course in the faculty is structured and what is expected of you in each year.

You can get the past papers for the exams from the local TCD home page and go to Examinations......

• Advertisement

Who's our faculty convenor now, just out of interest?

Yeah know about past exam papers, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

John Bertram - healthsciences AT tcdsu.org. 4th med, basketball star, and comes to us via Montréal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Sorry to do this but you asked for it..
    Somebody hasn't been doing their research.. Sci, med sci, eng and tech grads earn on average more than bess grads.
    That depends on what you call "bess grads". The faculty covers about 15 degrees, ranging from a straight Economics degree to Sociology and Social Policy and Philosophy and Politics (the italics are there just for clarity). I am positive that Business and Economics graduates earn more than those with a straight Sociology degree. And Business and Economics (which essentially equates to commerce) do earn more than science grads.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Not that it matters as much to us as it does to you though. We're just happy that we are actually contributing something to society rather than being a drain on it.
    I've read quite a fair bit about the effect of corporations, and to refer to them as a drain on society is as ridiculous as calling science immoral. (And no I'm not saying that all corporations are good, just in the general they are of so much benefit to society). To have such a negative view of such a vital part of our society is probably a product of two things, ignorance or un-relenting cynicsm.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Fake tan, surf hair-style, scarfs, blazers and metrosexuality does not a better looking person make..
    Absolute hyperbole. Granted nobody can genuinely say that BESS girls are not hot. I'm not saying that this is an important benefit to the faculty, I said that part in jest.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'd rather 10 of these "total weirdos" any day than a narcissistic old-boy rugger-bugger.
    So would I, but the absolute majority of BESS people are not like this. This stupid presumption is exactly the type of thing people accuse Bessheads of, and ironically prolongs it because prejudice breeds counter-prejudice.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    The narcissism also applies to most of the girls.
    Most? Really?! Speculative, exagerrated sh!te.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Many of whose personalities could easily be used as people-repellents.
    Agreed. There are **** in BESS, but there are equally **** and weirdos in every area of life.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    I've known girls and lads who've gone on to do bess, it's sickening how much some of them have turned into complete arseholes. I've found the ones that haven't are the ones who've not sold themselves out are the ones who keep their faculty and social lives seperate.
    That's fair enough. But to assume that this is the problem of BESS and not, say, a plethora of influences of factors including general middle-class snobbery is entirely unfair.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yes.. BESS is what gives trin it's reproachful stigma IMO.
    1. 400 years of history inexorably linked to an occupier
    2. A mother who liked plantations
    3. 350 years of discrimination against the majority of the population
    4. The continued presence of a 'Divinity Council'
    5. The presumptions of people that BESS is what people think BESS is.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    And they're all 1st years I guess? Just wait, they won't be so nice for long.. Soon the disease will infect them, victims of insular social brain-washing. It's similar to nazi-ism, the whole elitism part of it anyway.
    Time to do my little science thing:
    f(that was (at least partly) in jest) = funny
    f(that wasn't) = wankerish

Selket wrote:
    BESS boys:
    No imagination
    I don't know what to say back to this :D.
    Another way of debasing this point on a less humourous tone is citing that wanker Michael O'Leary. He bought himself a taxi licence for his car so that he could fly up the bus lanes. Wankerish at the best, but flipping brilliant nonetheless.
    Selket wrote:
    No ability to form an intelligent opinion
    In intelligent do you mean being the same as your views? I'd certainly consider myself to hold pretty damn intelligent opinions on most major topics of debate. In fact, the majority of debaters are law students and Bess heads. And if you're in the mood for trying to demean debating go ahead, you'd be contradicting yourself.
    Selket wrote:
    No life
    I've a bit of a life. Granted, today's my eighteenth birthday and I sit here doing this but this is because I'm only up after my party last night and I am waiting for my (fecking gorgeous) girlfriend to arrive :D.
    Selket wrote:
    Any "BESS boy" I had the misfortune to have a "conversation" with was too conceited to see the world beyond himself
    Right, I'll try to make to the next Boards beers with some of my friends, who I consider a far more representative selection of who Bess boys are.
    Pet wrote:
    I don't think it's the look alone; it's the personality that usually goes with that look. And I'm no Arts-hater, I came very close to doing Arts myself, but I've seen it myself too many times to deny.
    Yeah, we're all obnoxious ****. You see people say that BESS heads presume this and that and are obnoxious, whereas the presumption itself is obnoxious!
    EduCat wrote:

Drives me mad how you get special supplements in the Irish Times, and now even coverage on Setanta ****e-Sports TV.
    My brother owns part of that company. I wouldn't call it sh!te for its first year :).
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    You'll never find a normal beatnik student who studies bess.
    Careful there, my girlfriend lives about 100 meters from you and I like about a mile from you so you could very easily lose your "commoner" status if you aren't careful :D.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    If anyone was of that demeanor back in my area, nomatter their size they'd be on the receiving side of the of any abuse.
    As I just said, my girlfriend is from your turf and I've never had any trouble there. Not all BESS heads are like that.
    John2 wrote:
    I can name four.
    Unless you were including me there, make that five.

Fin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh and Agent Smith, Suzanne from CDS and her 28 year old Radiation Therapy friend say hi.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hello

• Advertisement

EduCat wrote:
    John Bertram - healthsciences AT tcdsu.org. 4th med, basketball star, and comes to us via Montréal...

Come to think of it, I've def gotten emails from him!

i wish someone would email me.....

/me looks at mymail and cries....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

if u really want some mail i'll bounce u on all my spam...... ~2000/day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

~2000/day

Holy crap,

How many times did you fall for insert your email address here and we'll send you free pron?

KL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Argh, I hate being sick, and even moreso, I hate when I get hydrogen peroxide in my eye (contact lens cleaner), owwwwie!!

Can't sleep, clown'll eat me..

argh. I feel like ****e, there's nothing but crap on the telly and I can't sleep. I'm off to ramble in my livejournal..

why are you using hydrogen peroxide to clean your lenses? is this self made concoction?

Actually, H2O2 is a very common way of cleaning contact lenses, or at least it was before all this one-bottle stuff came along. It's Aosept Clearcare or some**** like that, nice and easy, no rub. But getting it in your eye is a pain. Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

hmmm - not really relevant to the previous comment, but more the general thread

- if you ever want to rant/bitch/moan or generally express an emotion; but are not sure how to express it go to http://www.emotioneric.com/ for guidance.

...it really shouldn't be funny...

my bloody laptop died so i am now a bitch to the college pc's once more. horra and all that. brillinent laptop has desided to eat 2 assigenments that have to be in on monday!

looks like it might be a weekender job, i wonder what sleeping in the lazer huts is like?

/me kicks laptop VERY VERY HARD.

• Advertisement

I especially like "Coming up with a great idea while falling to your death".

at last i Think i fixed the streaming on trinityfm's website....

/me bows

is it streaming anything now?

Moan: (of pain)

argh, my wisdom teeth are driving me nuts, I'm chewing things up like a teething puppy..

it shouldnt be....

unless stargal's messed with the computer again.

Moan : I miss not being around Trinity!

Anything happening?

i fixed the tfm website, and i fell down the stairs of the pav one night....

Are you alright? That's a fair few steps like...

i was quite drunk and cut my knee quite baddly

• Advertisement

Who's genius idea was it to have steps like that outside a pub I wonder lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement