Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

and I forgot to clean the flat...............
    I'm judging you. Five used glasses on the coffee table, zaraba. Five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

love the picture too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Moremuck wrote: »
    Edit: Also, I want my god-damn name changed. You'll pay for this Enda.

I already did. It cost me €13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Finally done!
    tubanimals6-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm so glad the bunny made it into a final draft - i love that guy :) that is a beautifully put together piece - out of interest, how much was done in photoshop? assume you have a decent tablet?

• Advertisement

I love him too, I couldn't let him go. :)
    It's usually completely in freehand, but this piece was going to be for a competition, so I went the 'longer' route with it.
    Normally when I'm working on a piece, I come up with an idea first, usually during a pharmaceutics lecture, by sketching stuff around the margins of my lecture notes. If I like an idea, I'll do a few rough thumbnails, getting the composition and the values (range of lights and darks) right. Then I'll do a bigger mock up and sometimes scan it in ( particularly if the mock is rather detailed), otherwise I'll do it freehand. Once I have the rough in the back, I use it as a basis for the painting.
    Unfortunately there aren't too many digital illustrators in Ireland- I'd love to meet up with more people who like this type of thing- it seems photoshop is only ever used for photo manipulation around here.... but I digress.
    When I started out in digital painting (about 4 years ago?) I was using a tablet from Aldi, the Medion. Eventually I figured I needed to get one with pressure sensitivity, so I saved up and got a Graphire 3. It's my baby. :)

Any other creative people here? Come on out, it's your day today...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Wow, that's really good. Normally when I hear "photoshop" I imagine badly recoloured and warped photos but this is really impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

College has far too many hot people. It makes it hard for me to get any work done. The lot of ye should be ashamed, distracting innocent lil me with yer sexehness.

And I'm still stuck with this stoopid name. Grr.

College has far too many hot people. It makes it hard for me to get any work done. The lot of ye should be ashamed, distracting innocent lil me with yer sexehness.

And I'm still stuck with this stoopid name. Grr.

Think of it in the irish- not more muck, it's mor (with fada) emuck. Emuck could be a bad spelling of Enoch, the father of Methesulah and great-grandfather of Noah-- BIG ENOCH!

See, you can put a positive spin on anything. :pac:

I'm sorry for distracting you with my sexiness. :cool: I can't help it...

College has far too many hot people.
    So, you come onto Boards, where the hottest Trinity students are...? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm gorgeous. and so's me mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Moan: Bertie will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

My first feedback thread. And I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

Group projects for anything in college annoys the hell outta me!!! Pi88ed off completely with them, worse when your asked to choose your group cos you end up with mates...Absolute pain!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

xebec wrote: »
    My first feedback thread. And I missed it.

Still going in fact. Eejit decided to keep arguing. I smell a siteban.

/sulk

I miss all three feedback threads :mad: Damn body clock being messed up after FYP. Wonder if he'll be back after his siteban...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

nearly crashed the car today. Just grateful didn't wreck myself or the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Obligatory women drivers comment: Jazus, women drivers eh? That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Blasted gym is closed :mad:

I recall no notice of this!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nor do I. Do we usually get an email from the Buildings Office in these situations? I only skimmed the 'sports dept' webpage but I didn't see anything there.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Blasted gym is closed :mad:

I recall no notice of this!?
    Nor do I. Do we usually get an email from the Buildings Office in these situations? I only skimmed the 'sports dept' webpage but I didn't see anything there.

There have been signs up to this effect for over a week. It is closed for the official opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Website? E-mails? Didn't see the signs.

Noticed all the TVs were on in the gym though. Makes sense when a place is closed for its official opening I guess. Felt like even more of an eejit standing around in the cold in my shorts, except with a lack of heavy things to move upward.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The only sign I noticed was the one on the glass at the entrance at 8am this morning. I think it was mostly in capitals but I wouldn't call it terribly obvious. I was there on Friday but didn't see it, probably missed it if it was up. I don't recall any signs inside on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Hmmm, there was a sign up during last week sayin it'd be shut on sunday for something. There was no mention of today, the first I saw of it was the notice on the door at 9am today. Ironic that the damned placed will be closed to folk that want to use it for its intended purpose and open to some fat ass minister that wouldn't know a snatch if it fell on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

xebec wrote:
    It is closed for the official opening.

"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!" just popped into my head. No idea why.

Rant: My brain just will not focus today. And because the work I'm meant to be doing is group project stuff, it's not just me I'm inconveniencing. Blasted group project work! Blasted brain!

And after a weekend of playing ultimate in a giant pool of mud, I'm actually afraid to open my gearbag - my gear may actually have taken on sentient life at this point.

I concur with annoyed gym sentiments. And I didn't see the notices because I wasn't in the gym last week. Who knows when I'll have the mental strength to force myself to exercise again? My guess is not before finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I concur with annoyed gym sentiments. And I didn't see the notices because I wasn't in the gym last week. Who knows when I'll have the mental strength to force myself to exercise again? My guess is not before finals.

I know that this will come to the do-gooder chargrin of most of you but i saw the notices last Monday. Admittedly I forgot and turned up this morning anyway but I have a pretty clear recollection of reading the sign, thinking 'right now don't turn up like and idiot next monday' and heading back off to the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

HSE is nearly out of money already this year!

Final year is SO boring. I'm totally over it.

• Advertisement

Grrr... silly Law Day music on College Park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement