Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

SPIDERS IN MY APARTMENT :mad:

Bah, government stamp duty on credit card. Only noticed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It's actually decreased by 10 euro...isn't that a woot rather than moan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Myth wrote: »
    Bah, government stamp duty on credit card. Only noticed it now.
    I had the same experience a couple of days back, when I checked my bank accounts online.
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    It's actually decreased by 10 euro...isn't that a woot rather than moan?
    That is good. It was my forgetting about it that irked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Lesson for today: Don't pour wax down a drain. Although the wax is in liquid form when you are pouring it, this is merely a transient state: the wax will revert to its original solid form when it cools down. This will create a big lump of solid wax half way down yer sink hole. Efforts to solve this problem using a scewer are on-going.

• Advertisement

Pour lots of boiling water down the drain, it melts it and clears the drain.

Pour lots of boiling water down the drain, it melts it and clears the drain.
    So there are others out there as stupid as me who have done this before?

Seriously, its a wonder I made it to college, both in terms of point and from the point of view that natural selection shoulda had me finished off at an early age.

At least I have my looks. Oh, wait...

Nope.

But wax melts and boliling water will both melt and seperate the wax so if it does reform it will not be all lumped together and cause a blockage. I should have been a real science student.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Yes, I hear they'll give you a physics degree on the spot if you've gained mastery of the complex "things melt when you heat them" theory.

The "bitch" part of this thread title duely fulfilled, I shall add a moan: the intertubes are against me, I tells ya! Been trying to make my Wii connect to them and it resolutely won't. I think I've now figured out how to work it, but it involves buying more shiny new Wii gear. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

shay_562 wrote: »
    The "bitch" part of this thread title duely fulfilled, I shall add a moan: the intertubes are against me, I tells ya! Been trying to make my Wii connect to them and it resolutely won't. I think I've now figured out how to work it, but it involves buying more shiny new Wii gear. Bleh.

Aye it's fairly tough to get it up and running to begin with, but once it gets going the joys of online Mario Kart can't be denied:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Urgh do any printers in this place actually work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote: »
    Yes, I hear they'll give you a physics degree on the spot if you've gained mastery of the complex "things melt when you heat them" theory.

You got a Wii????? Why you no tell me?

You might actually let me play with your Wii.* I mean I'd go to your house in the middle of nor where and no longer fall asleep/leave your parties early. (I promises)
    Urgh do any printers in this place actually work!?

:rolleyes:

*Anyone who has seen me play Wii will understand why it may not be the greatest of things for the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

But wax melts and boliling water will both melt and seperate the wax so if it does reform it will not be all lumped together and cause a blockage. I should have been a real science student.
    Household soaps/detergents in the boiling water should would add to the job, emulsifying the wax, much the same way it does with a grease on a pan.

Either that or you could pour parrafin down the drain, it dissolves candle wax.

EDIT: Don't pour parrafin down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Wow, that was alcohol. I'm missing about 3 hours... Damn boardsies, causing me to drink stupid amounts. I blame you all! I'm just glad I woke up in bed this afternoon.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Wow, that was alcohol. I'm missing about 3 hours... Damn boardsies, causing me to drink stupid amounts. I blame you all! I'm just glad I woke up in bed this afternoon.

I was worried that something had happened that sweet, sweet guitar of yours when I saw you posing here!

And you were sober when I left!

Drinking again tonight was not the best decision I've ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

They've changed the maximum time on the treadmills in the gym. Most have gone from 60 mins to 25 mins. Others have gone down to 10 mins. I wasn't aware that there was a big problem with having to wait for treadmills - I use them most days around 6 and only ever have to wait a few minutes if at all. This was extremely frustrating today, wanted to do a 6.5km run which should have taken just over 30 mins, gave up after resetting the treadmill for the 3rd time after 10 minutes.

Final Exams are looming...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Careful now.

• Advertisement

Final Exams are looming...

SSssssssssssssssssschhhhh.....:(

If I have to memorize another list of drug adverse effects, I'm going to scream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭AlexD

xebec wrote: »
    They've changed the maximum time on the treadmills in the gym. Most have gone from 60 mins to 25 mins. Others have gone down to 10 mins. I wasn't aware that there was a big problem with having to wait for treadmills - I use them most days around 6 and only ever have to wait a few minutes if at all. This was extremely frustrating today, wanted to do a 6.5km run which should have taken just over 30 mins, gave up after resetting the treadmill for the 3rd time after 10 minutes.

As a general rule the staff in the sport centre are assholes. Anyway, just join a sport club instead of running like a monkey on a treadmill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭AlexD

No one understands me

Rant #1: Whilst ironing this morning, I cut my finger quite deeply on a sharp edge on the ironing board, while I was folding it up. I immediately washed the cut, applied TCP to it and applied a plaster. Being a while since I've had to use it, I had seriously forgotten how pungent TCP is, so all day my hand has smelled like something rural that I couldn't quite put my finger on (see what I did there?). In the library, I finally realised what it was: every time I put my hand near my face I smelled what was like antisepsis during a bovine Caesarean section. On a related note, my typing has been seriously inhibited.

Rant #2: On my way to the library, I was confronted with the following. A large group of teenage girls, whose primary vocabulary consisted of something that sounds like "Schvaaa" had gathered on the footpath. I couldn't go around them, because there were cars parked on one side and a building on the other side, so I had to say "Excuse me" and proceed through the group of females. There was a natural cleavage in the group, so I decided that would be my path. Off I went, having excused myself. However, so expansive was the mass of teenagers that I had excuse myself again towards the end. In the hope of making it through the group in one fell swoop, I had felt it unnecessary to say anything whilst I was in the middle of the group. As a result, I had passed about two girls without excusing myself directly. As I left the entire group, one of those two shouted after me, "Watch where you're goin', ya b******s." That made me very angry, because I felt I had been suitably polite to a group, which was evidently forming a significant impediment to anyone who might want to proceed along the footpath in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote: »
    Rant #1: Whilst ironing this morning, I cut my finger quite deeply on a sharp edge on the ironing board, while I was folding it up. I immediately washed the cut, applied TCP to it and applied a plaster. Being a while since I've had to use it, I had seriously forgotten how pungent TCP is, so all day my hand has smelled like something rural that I couldn't quite put my finger on (see what I did there?). In the library, I finally realised what it was: every time I put my hand near my face I smelled what was like antisepsis during a bovine Caesarean section. On a related note, my typing has been seriously inhibited.

Rant #2: On my way to the library, I was confronted with the following. A large group of teenage girls, whose primary vocabulary consisted of something that sounds like "Schvaaa" had gathered on the footpath. I couldn't go around them, because there were cars parked on one side and a building on the other side, so I had to say "Excuse me" and proceed through the group of females. There was a natural cleavage in the group, so I decided that would be my path. Off I went, having excused myself. However, so expansive was the mass of teenagers that I had excuse myself again towards the end. In the hope of making it through the group in one fell swoop, I had felt it unnecessary to say anything whilst I was in the middle of the group. As a result, I had passed about two girls without excusing myself directly. As I left the entire group, one of those two shouted after me, "Watch where you're goin', ya b******s." That made me very angry, because I felt I had been suitably polite to a group, which was evidently forming a significant impediment to anyone who might want to proceed along the footpath in question.

*hugs europerson*

The second part of that rant demonstrates why Trinity and Trinity people are just better.

*hugs europerson*

The second part of that rant demonstrates why Trinity and Trinity people are just better.
    Thank you. :)

b.ie curious suggests that I ought to develop a thicker skin, which would mean it would be harder for me to get cut and to be annoyed by those whom I described above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Those two tracts weren't even rants anyway, they were more like a description of a sequence of events. That second one in particular was way too balanced and objective to be called a rant - if that'd happened to me I'd have written something with profanity and invective by the shedload. That'd be a rant. What a bunch of c**ts.

Fave line;
    [their] primary vocabulary consisted of something that sounds like "Schvaaa"
    Quality.:D

Poor mattie, hope your finger feels better today...

Rant:

I hate, hate, hate having to put in my password into the computer every 30 seconds. Why can't the program remember it? I keep clicking on 'please save in keychain' but I have to put in that **$*$%^$$£$^ password in anyway. Help? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

paperclip wrote: »
    but I have to put in that **$*$%^$$£$^ password in anyway.

/jots down paperclip's password. **$*$%^$$£$^

• Advertisement

Nah, my passowrd is far more complicated and numerically dense than that. Which is why it's such a pain to have to keep putting it in. A few times, I don't mind, but when it's multiple times for the same site, it gets old quickly.
    Plus, my eyes are sore today..

/rant

Non-rant though: Tomorrow night, table quiz! I'm going with a bunch of my friends from NCAD, they have the arts covered and are taking me along to provide the health/science element, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement