Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Just feel like grumbling.

*grumbles*

*wanders away*

paperclip wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate having to put in my password into the computer every 30 seconds. Why can't the program remember it? I keep clicking on 'please save in keychain' but I have to put in that **$*$%^$$£$^ password in anyway. Help? :(

Thats what you get for using a Mac!

*sakes head* you just haven't seen the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

If you use Firefox instead of Safari on a mac you seem to get prompted for passwords a lot less. Why, I have no idea.

Use Linux - much less hassle and Firefox is a lot nicer then the Windows one.

Plus you get a transparent command prompt! How cool is that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Plus you get a transparent command prompt! How cool is that!!

You can do that on macs too afaik. And there's probably some way of doing it on windows too.

To be honest this is how those operating systems go (in order of most to least).

Easiest to Use = Mac, linux (depending on distro), Windows.
    Amount of things you can do = Windows, Mac, Linux.
    Technical knowledge needed to get things working = Linux, Windows, Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

gears on my car are so sticky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

So...no magic words to get safari to stop asking me for passwords, then? Or do I need to resign myself to hell?
    If I try booting up Firefox (I use firefox at home) on the macs, it takes FOREVER to get going. I'm talking 20 minutes.
    I guess there's nothing for it then except copy and paste my password....save time that way, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

If I try booting up Firefox (I use firefox at home) on the macs, it takes FOREVER to get going. I'm talking 20 minutes.
    Are these the Macs in the Hamilton or the shiny nice ones in the arts building? I have firefox set up to launch when i log in, never takes more than a couple of seconds on the arts macs.

The hamilton ones.

Oh and Kwekubo, I must say I fancy your chances in the elections- you're doing well so far! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Rant:

I hate, hate, hate having to put in my password into the computer every 30 seconds. Why can't the program remember it? I keep clicking on 'please save in keychain' but I have to put in that **$*$%^$$£$^ password in anyway. Help? :(

everyone else i mentioned this to didn't have a clue what i was talking about.
    IT IS REALLY.......OH HANG ON....REALLY ANNOYING.

everytime you blink the arts macs ask for your password. wtf?

also hmm, hows does one use firefox on the macs? does this require some sort of technical knowledge or skill? if so i'm resigned to password hell for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Randomness wrote: »
    also hmm, hows does one use firefox on the macs? does this require some sort of technical knowledge or skill? if so i'm resigned to password hell for the next few years.

Open a new window in Finder (command+n), select applications and scroll down to Firefox.

Alternatively, click on the icon for firefox on the desktop (it's an orange graphic of a fox wrapped around the world).

or hit cmd-space and type firefox to search for it.

Or cut a forked twig from a willow tree, hold it in both hands with the fork pointing towards you and move the end of it over the screen. When you reach an area with firefox on it, you will feel the twig moving downwards. Thus began the fine art of divining, which they later found also proved useful for finding water sources...

Firefox created Christianity. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

oooo guess what i'm typing this in????

FIREFOX! yay.

see people on tcd boards are just so helpful.

i will admit i was an apple mac virgin until i came to this college and now i know how to do one more thing.

hang on this is should really go in the "woo" thread. agh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The pain, oh the pain of it all!

I'm mad. I didn't want to go out last night cus I knew I'd just spend the whole night feeling guilty about going out. But I seem to have developed an inability to say no. Cue really bad night out. And now I'm in pain. On the plus side, I smoked so much last night that i never want to see a cigarette again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm mad. I didn't want to go out last night cus I knew I'd just spend the whole night feeling guilty about going out. But I seem to have developed an inability to say no. Cue really bad night out. And now I'm in pain. On the plus side, I smoked so much last night that i never want to see a cigarette again.

I was still drunk for our lecture at 9am, which you didn't make it to.

My head is very sore :(

Those are always the best lectures..

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote: »

My head is very sore :(
    I actually woke up on time, thought about going, but then decided 'oh hell, no.'

I am being told that i was a legend, though, so maybe the night wasn't that bad. I can only remember fighting with people.

EDIT: I broke my fancy pants. The button exploded.

My head is very sore
    I am being told that i was a legend, though, so maybe the night wasn't that bad. I can only remember fighting with people.

EDIT: I broke my fancy pants. The button exploded.

So glad that I decided to go home. Totally would have missed my hair appointment this morning.

*titters at your hangovers*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I got an extension for my FYP today. 4 extra days. I wanted it over :(

Life is really shit of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

My teeth hurt. A lot. Bloody braces. Ah well, 9 hours down; 15 months, 30 days and 15 hours (give or take..) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

wowy wrote: »
    My teeth hurt. A lot. Bloody braces. Ah well, 9 hours down; 15 months, 30 days and 15 hours (give or take..) to go.
    Ah, it'll be worth it in the end. I went through all that pain, and it was great when I got them off...until my wisdom teeth came along and fecked it all up, and now I need them again. Be glad you won't.

Rant: I feel sick, and I have literally 6 huge assignments due in this week. And this weather! Really not helping matters.

I think my carrot was gone off. Bleurgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

I'm so hungover :mad: NEVER drinking again. Between SingStar and Twister and cheap wine, it's just not worth it

Shaws wrote: »
    I'm so hungover :mad: NEVER drinking again. Between SingStar and Twister and cheap wine, it's just not worth it
    Oh but it is!

I miss booze. Its been five whole days since my last drink.

• Advertisement

Shaws wrote: »

Singstar and booze = a good combination.

Guitar hero and booze, not so much. You hardly hit any of the notes and it sounds awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement