Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My final year report is due in tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

çrash_000 wrote: »
    My final year report is due in tomorrow :)

Having read two variations of that post and then looked at the corresponding thread titles I have just one question. Brain melted much or confused by ilovemybrick's wrongly placed post, or just out to confuse the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Having read two variations of that post and then looked at the corresponding thread titles I have just one question. Brain melted much or confused by ilovemybrick's wrongly placed post, or just out to confuse the rest of us?

I knew what he meant (well, not like I've ever done an FYP :pac:).

It's both.

Brilliant because he won't have to worry about it after tomorrow.

Awful because he only has a day left to complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

:mad::mad::mad:
    i hate the gate behind the civil engineering building. you dont know if your card will open in or not.and when your tryin to get out, and see your bus zoom by that you could have got if it opened first time like its ment to, it really gets annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I knew what he meant (well, not like I've ever done an FYP :pac:).

It's both.

Brilliant because he won't have to worry about it after tomorrow.

Awful because he only has a day left to complete it.
    Right on the button there boyo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hmmm...I got accepted into one of the two masters I applied for, but it requires a rather large non-refundable deposit before I find out if I got into the other one. This is a predicament....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

That sucks. I'd try ring (either of) them up, talking to a person is necessary, and try get an extension or alternate arrangements.

That is of course, only if the latter of the two courses is more preferable.

I've completed 40% of my degree.... this makes me both sad and scared...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Why is it freezing in the library for winter and then roasting hot in summer?........I'm falling asleep in this heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I have an awful disposition towards having to deal with incredibly stupid people.

This afternoon, I was in the Berkeley working through the intricacies of OECD papers on agricultural support evaluation. Nearby sat a female first year BESS student, who was casually glancing through her Powerpoint slides for Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics. She appeared particularly bothered by solving quadratic equations.

This girl proceeded to answer her phone and hold a c.30-second conversation. I engaged in the appropriate activity of glaring at her for the duration of her call. About ten minutes later, she was on the phone again. Once more, I glared. About five minutes later again, lo and behold, she was on her phone again, discussing the important issue of going to Starbucks. My blood was boiling by now, so when she finished her (this time short) call, I got up from my desk, and approached her, saying that if she didn't refrain from engaging in phone calls, I should have to raise the issue with Library staff. With that, she looked at me as if I had ten heads, and said, "It's not my fault you have no social life." She packed up her belongings and left.

Well, she was just a bit of a total bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

europerson wrote: »
    I have an awful disposition towards having to deal with incredibly stupid people.

This afternoon, I was in the Berkeley working through the intricacies of OECD papers on agricultural support evaluation. Nearby sat a female first year BESS student, who was casually glancing through her Powerpoint slides for Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics. She appeared particularly bothered by solving quadratic equations.

This girl proceeded to answer her phone and hold a c.30-second conversation. I engaged in the appropriate activity of glaring at her for the duration of her call. About ten minutes later, she was on the phone again. Once more, I glared. About five minutes later again, lo and behold, she was on her phone again, discussing the important issue of going to Starbucks. My blood was boiling by now, so when she finished her (this time short) call, I got up from my desk, and approached her, saying that if she didn't refrain from engaging in phone calls, I should have to raise the issue with Library staff. With that, she looked at me as if I had ten heads, and said, "It's not my fault you have no social life." She packed up her belongings and left.

Are you sure she was in BESS??? Could have been BSL,BSS etc??

Either way total bitch in fairness. Some people just don't get the whole manners thing.

If she was in BESS she has given us nice BESS girls a bad name!:D

I think I was sitting across from the person who she was talking to.

However I can't tell you what subject she was in as in the three hours she was in the Ussher, she never got around to taking any books of the shelves or out of her bag. Did get though a lot of bebo and facebook though.

Someone should get the SU shops to stock shotguns.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    That sucks. I'd try ring (either of) them up, talking to a person is necessary, and try get an extension or alternate arrangements.

That is of course, only if the latter of the two courses is more preferable.

Aye, worth a shot. Doubt it will amount to much but may as well try.

I hadn't really decided which I wanted, so I suppose this will at least make me make up my mind. The latter course requires me to get a first in my degree which is what has me bothered, as that is by no means a sure thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Randomness wrote: »
    Are you sure she was in BESS??? Could have been BSL,BSS etc??
    If she was in BESS she has given us nice BESS girls a bad name!:D
    Well, she was taking one of that general group of courses. Remember, I too am a BESS student!
    I think I was sitting across from the person who she was talking to.
    That would be highly odd, were they both in the library.
    Myth wrote: »
    Someone should get the SU shops to stock shotguns.
    Quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lol at response.

It not my fault you're orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

I was in the library last year when a similar type of student answered her phone with "Hi, I'm in the librory" and then went to begin an extended conversation. On hearing this some other concerned student shouted (loudly) "So shut the f**k up then". Needless to say she did and promptly left the library. So try that next time Europerson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Nah, next time try a yakuza kick to the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I see a distinct advantage to being deaf in this situation, lol. Volume-adjustable hearing ftw.

My rant: Exemptions were up today. My name wasn't on the list. :( At least I wasn't the only one...that shouldn't make me feel better, but it does.

paperclip wrote: »
    My rant: Exemptions were up today. My name wasn't on the list. :( At least I wasn't the only one...that shouldn't make me feel better, but it does.
    Hard luck. At least you can take solace in the fact that there is no such thing as wasted study. It'll all stand to you in the end of year exams.

• Advertisement

That's a shame, but several people I know who didn't get exemptions went on to get fantastic results in their summer exams precisely because of the extra work they had done. Also, as undoubtedly hideous as it is to contemplate now, there is always next year to give a shot at schols again too.

Why doesn't anything ****ing work in this poxy university!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*hugs* All the other reasonable advice is above. But to reiterate you will do fantastically in your end of year exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Why doesn't anything ****ing work in this poxy university!?

Because you're a bess student and you have to use ISS poxy ****e? I must go now, for I have to print some stuff for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

So much stuff to revise over the next fortnight... :( at least there's only one more lecture in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I have writer's block. On the bright side it is occurring at the stage where I'm trying to write out the Acknowledgements part of my dissertation so I spose that's one silver lining... Still tho. What do you write for these bloomin' things? I presume it's not considered acceptable dissertation etiquette to just write 'Cheers to all you mo'fos, y'all know where y'all at. Respect' and leave it at that.

I just thanked my supervisor - otherwise it just looks tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm pretty sure you're allowed thank whoever the hell ya want. A friend of mine did his FYP (worth 25% of his degree) in Belgium, in the acknowledgements part of his dissertation he began listing the Belgian beers he drank.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you're allowed thank whoever the hell ya want. A friend of mine did his FYP (worth 25% of his degree) in Belgium, in the acknowledgements part of his dissertation he began listing the Belgian beers he drank.

Ha - I was told to just thank my supervisor.

• Advertisement

It takes longer to get a bus to work than it does to cycle.

(tube is bust, can't get to an open bike shop by the time I finish work)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement