Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

I am finished college......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

I have keratinitis and i have to go to the dr in Galway on Sunday...and Wednesday...I have exams on Monday and wednesday. Argh!

I can just about read, but I'm thinking maybe deferring the exam is a better way to go. Can one defer just two exams or do you have to defer them all?

paperclip wrote: »
    I have keratinitis and i have to go to the dr in Galway on Sunday...and Wednesday...I have exams on Monday and wednesday. Argh!

I can just about read, but I'm thinking maybe deferring the exam is a better way to go. Can one defer just two exams or do you have to defer them all?

I think you should be able to defer your remaining exams - contact your tutor ASAP (or since it's the weekend you could talk to Bartley by calling Bartley-Chat.)

But you'll have to get it sorted as soon as you can, so Monday Morning you might have to ring around/call in.

Edit: Ow, just read up on Keratitis and it sounds very sore. Hope it gets better soon.

I am finished college......

Well done. Now enjoy the moment before the next few fearful weeks of assumptions and second guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

In the past week my housemates have eaten my yoghurt, deformed/melted/warped my spatula and burned a hole in my tea-towel.

Incompetent bastards.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote: »
    Well done. Now enjoy the moment before the next few fearful weeks of assumptions and second guessing.

I had a nightmare last night that I failed college... the assumptions and second guessing have arrived early :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I had a nightmare last night that I failed college... the assumptions and second guessing have arrived early :(

For weeks after results where issued I was still having those nightmares.

I think you should be able to defer your remaining exams - contact your tutor ASAP (or since it's the weekend you could talk to Bartley by calling Bartley-Chat.)

But you'll have to get it sorted as soon as you can, so Monday Morning you might have to ring around/call in.

Edit: Ow, just read up on Keratitis and it sounds very sore. Hope it gets better soon.

I think I'll probably have to defer... what info does anyone here have on deferring? Say you fail the (deferred) exams, can you repeat them before the next term or do you have to wait till the following year??
    It is quite sore- I'm taking painkillers and a strong antibiotic for it, the doc said it was lucky that I caught it in time- it's a very aggressive infection. My vision out of the right eye is milky and it looks really bloodshot. I shouldn't even be on this.
    So, I'm going to email Bartley now and also contact my tutor on Monday morning (exam is on mon afternoon, is that enough time?) There's nothing else I can do, really.

I think I'll probably have to defer... what info does anyone here have on deferring? Say you fail the (deferred) exams, can you repeat them before the next term or do you have to wait till the following year??
    It is quite sore- I'm taking painkillers and a strong antibiotic for it, the doc said it was lucky that I caught it in time- it's a very aggressive infection. My vision out of the right eye is milky and it looks really bloodshot. I shouldn't even be on this.
    So, I'm going to email Bartley now and also contact my tutor on Monday morning (exam is on mon afternoon, is that enough time?) There's nothing else I can do, really.

You sit super supplementals which take place near the start of term.

Super supplementals, are they for anyone or only for those who deferred?
    Ok, here's the deal. I could probably do the exams, but they'd be painful and chances are I wouldn't be able to do the best I could. On the other hand, deferring them means my summer is ruined for having to study.
    What do you think I should do?

Thanks for the advice, everyone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Phooy I have a ladder in my tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Phooy I have a ladder in my tights.

aww poor you, least you didn't get velcro stuck to them ever, omg that was a nightmare...............

Moan: I don't know where my head is these days, so much random stuff floating about never mind all this exam stuff.

Super supplementals, are they for anyone or only for those who deferred?
    Ok, here's the deal. I could probably do the exams, but they'd be painful and chances are I wouldn't be able to do the best I could. On the other hand, deferring them means my summer is ruined for having to study.
    What do you think I should do?

Thanks for the advice, everyone....

As hard as it is - if you can do them, and you think you'll pass, I'd say get them out of the way. It's not like this counts for your degree. But if getting stressed would upset your condition I wouldn't say you should go for it - so I'd ask you doc's opinion in this.

Generally (I think) you get two 'good' shots at the exams. If you can't make the first set due to personal reasons then the supps are your first round of exams, with your second being the super supps (though you still would have to appeal to be allowed to do this).

And the golden rule when getting in contact with someone - ring or appear in person, don't e-mail! If you can't get through to your tutor on Monday (and I'm talking about getting in contact early Monday Morning, definitely before your exam) you should get in contact with the Senior Tutor's Office.

http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/house27.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It seems nobody is willing to take responsibility to carry out ID checks in the 1937 reading room.
    Typical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I dislike Physics paper 5 and all its randomness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

That Deadliest Catch rubbish is back, and zaraba is watching it.

europerson wrote: »

Shut your hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

europerson wrote: »
    I agree with the proposition that you be quiet. Deadliest Catch is one of the best things on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I agree with the proposition that you be quiet. Deadliest Catch is one of the best things on TV.
    +1

Rant: Alcoholism is a fickle mistress. She could have decided to strike during my weekend off, but no. Now that I'm actually trying to get some work done, alls I want to do is crack open a bottle of vino.

Next exam isn't for over a week. I don't think I can last that long.

• Advertisement

Just have ONE glass of something. You don't have to go the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

There's no such thing as just one glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

depends on the size of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I feel ill. I didn't sleep well last night, had a really horrible nightmare. Had a horrible fight with a friend this morning. I'm very worried about one of my two remaining exams.

Anyone think of anything else I can add to the list?

Yeah, thats never gonna happen. Ever.

Anyway, I got somewhat wasted last night. I feel pretty lousy about it. I'm hoping the guilt will see me clear now until the exam.

To xebec:

Nah, but be happy that you're almost finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

To xebec:

Nah, but be happy that you're almost finished :)

Cheers Myth, I know that day is coming soon but right now I can't see it. Oh well, soldier on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My ability to study has completely deserted me. This is poor timing, to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

I have exam fatique. And still well over a week and three exams to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Owie owie owie owie injections HURT. ****.

2 more exams still to go - gotta get the old work ethic up a wee bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement