Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tomorrow I find out what sort of degree I get. Oh God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

crash_000 wrote: »
    Tomorrow I find out what sort of degree I get. Oh God.

Best of luck, my results are still a week away but already starting to wonder...

Had any of the dreams yet? ;)

Not quite... Expecting them next week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shortly after finishing my exams I had a dream that they had just been mocks and the real ones were still to come. That was not very pleasant.

Results tomorrow as well. Wasn't on the list to meet with the external examiner and am currently undecided as to whether that is a good thing or not.

• Advertisement

you guys had viva's aye? None of that sorta thing in CS :P hopefully the rain stays off so I can get ****faced on the grass either way at 5 minutes past 5.

you guys had viva's aye? None of that sorta thing in CS :P hopefully the rain stays off so I can get ****faced on the grass either way at 5 minutes past 5.

Yeah, but there were way fewer of them this year for whatever reason.

We get a wine reception in the physics dept with our results :D

Good luck guys.

Those "I'm actually finished and got my results but I still have dreams that I'm still doing my exams" dreams? A year out and I still get them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

From what little I know they're not vivas as we consider one, they are more like an interview to see if you deserve to be bumped a grade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Got the email from the school of eng that the results are out next mon, i was quite enjoying my summer up until now and all!

Boston wrote: »
    From what little I know they're not vivas as we consider one, they are more like an interview to see if you deserve to be bumped a grade

Yeah, that's more akin to what they are. Seemingly they were exceptionally difficult as well and only one out of three people were actually bumped up. The others were left on 69%, which is nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I would like to express my discontent with the office of the Junior Dean, and the zealousness of the policies held within. My wallet is €25 worse off for the sole reason of being present while a very minor infraction of the rules (that I had no part in) took place. I think the reason quoted was that I didn't take the moral high ground, and "disassociate" myself (i.e walk away).

So €25 won't break the bank. I still feel rather hard done by. At least I let my disaffection and incredulousness be known. I think my words were: "you're actually fining me... Are you serious?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wow, I've never been fined (surprisingly enough), maybe I'm just very good at arguing my way out of things.

Pray tell what happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol fines.

Meh, damn Junior Dean minions. Being paid to lurk boards.ie and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I am in an unseemly amount of pain right now. Getting through this day is going to kill me. I should really just go home and sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Grrrr...took half my lunch break earlier so I could come to a 'net cafe and check my results now. Only problem is they haven't been put up yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My chest hurts, not for the first time today. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

17/1000 short of a first. Ghey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

I got my results, and I'm happy!

but in the "checking results" link we can see everybody's name, and even the breakdown of their results, so everybody knows exactly how well everybody else did, in every subject... I'm not happy :(
    and I kinda thought that'd be against some privacy rules?

patzer117 wrote: »
    I got my results, and I'm happy!

but in the "checking results" link we can see everybody's name, and even the breakdown of their results, so everybody knows exactly how well everybody else did, in every subject... I'm not happy :(
    and I kinda thought that'd be against some privacy rules?

As this is an MSISS thing and isn't common among other courses I'll answer this one... Yes, you can see what other people have gotten, but only if you enter their student number into the site. You are not entitled to do to look up someone else's result breakdown, the website explicitly states that it is for authorised users only - ie, you should only look up your own. I agree that it's not the best system, but having had to contact the secretary and wait for a breakdown before, its usefulness far outweighs the negatives. And hey, we're a small class, everyone will find out quick enough what each other got anyway so don't worry about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Sigh, repeats to do!

obl wrote: »
    17/1000 short of a first. Ghey!

I feel your pain - just missed the first.

Lovely summer weather we're having.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Myth wrote: »
    Lovely summer weather we're having.

greystones, which is primarily a hill running down towards the sea, is flooding. it defies belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

The forecast does look promising though...

http://www.irishtimes.com/weather/cities/dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Mother of god... rain, rain, showers, rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Walked from Sandymount to Harcourt St this morning without an umbrella. I got so drenched my phone broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Walked from Sandymount to Harcourt St this morning without an umbrella. I got so drenched my phone broke.

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement