Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You're right. I can think of people in my class who had some bumps, scrapes and perhaps some scars this year. The unrelenting pressure was probably behind that. We don't mind working hard but our course is a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

My hard drive and my macbook are no longer speaking to each other. I havent backed up in far too long. The last month of work is gone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm, for a fee I'm sure Shane could help your recover your data.

Boston wrote: »
    Hmm, for a fee I'm sure Shane could help your recover your data.

I asked earlier. but he doesn't have a sterile room and something to do with platters and manual data or something equally confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

repeats:(

• Advertisement

ilovemyrick - google hard drive recovery, there are meant to be some UK firms who will recover data quite cheaply.

ilovemyrick - google hard drive recovery, there are meant to be some UK firms who will recover data quite cheaply.

ive done it. cheapest for the kind of motor repair it needs is about 400 euro plus vat. back EVERYTHING up kid back EVERYTHING up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

ilovemyrick

Hahaha, who's Rick?

Yes, I'm easily amused.

Hahaha, who's Rick?

Yes, I'm easily amused.

i also love my rick. and my stick and my click and my trick and my hick and my d... wait...... no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Well, I love my dick. If I didn't it would get very lonley indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Team Knob invaded wax last night. Why can't they f*ck off back to shi**y bar?!?!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/bigbang/

Hopefully things won't go wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/bigbang/

Hopefully things won't go wrong...

Doubtless I'm jinxing it by even saying this, but how badly wrong could things go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Doubtless I'm jinxing it by even saying this, but how badly wrong could things go?
    In apocalyptic terms? I'd worry more about the world spontaneously exploding :D

Although being at home at this time of day would usually be cause for celebration, I am currently ill, and so I am having a moan.

Although being at home at this time of day would usually be cause for celebration, I am currently ill, and so I am having a moan.

I have all of Oz to keep me company next time that happens.

Boston wrote: »
    I have all of Oz to keep me company next time that happens.
    I have Dr. House to look after me
    dr_house2_sip-300.jpg

Neeooooooooooo my gawd. It's early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Myth wrote: »
    Neeooooooooooo my gawd. It's early.

I was up way earlier than that. Channelling the nerves my sister had yet to show about her LC results.:confused:

She get on alright?

On topic, rain.

• Advertisement

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

I juist got offered my favourite summer job after being told that I probably couldn't have and i have already talked to current work about staying on which i really do not want to do.

Balls!!!!!!!!!!

It's soo annoying. I haven't signed a contract or anything and they always knew there was a a chance that I would not be around and hmm...Ugh. maybe I could work something out. Maybe.

And it would pay 500 euro more for 3 weeks work than current work.

So........so just like this summer.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

I juist got offered my favourite summer job after being told that I probably couldn't have and i have already talked to current work about staying on which i really do not want to do.

Balls!!!!!!!!!!

It's soo annoying. I haven't signed a contract or anything and they always knew there was a a chance that I would not be around and hmm...Ugh. maybe I could work something out. Maybe.

And it would pay 500 euro more for 3 weeks work than current work.

So........so just like this summer.
    I fail to see your problem. You haven't signed a contract, you never fully commited yourself. Unless these are people you seriously see yourself working for in the future (and Lord I hope not) you don't really owe them anything. Just tell them you got a better offer, which they can try and beat or GTFO. Easy Peasy.

I fail to see your problem. You haven't signed a contract, you never fully commited yourself. Unless these are people you seriously see yourself working for in the future (and Lord I hope not) you don't really owe them anything. Just tell them you got a better offer, which they can try and beat or GTFO. Easy Peasy.

The job I have at the moment was to last till Friday. ANd then they wanted me to stay till the end of September which I said no to. I was supposed to have another job (as above) for September. Then that job told em that they couldn't hire me, so yesterday I asked did this current job still want me to extend my contract. And the major crux- I got this job through my family. (Yes hand outs are easy but sometimes they suck) And it will be very messy if I leave, or it might be. And they do really need me to stay the team im working with atm.

I think I was just ranting just to rant. Sigh. And it was an over reaction. Calmed down now.

Now to talk to HR about meeting the difference in pay or I'm going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Its raining and depressing and we got no bloody summer :mad:

I have a summer headcold, and 2 litres worth of yakka vodka going unused, but neither of thse things are as bad as when at half 10 last night I took panadol which had caffine in it.

After watching 2 movies, making an omelette, cleaning the kitchen after a week of neglect, tiding my bed room, cleaning out all my old makeup and pairing up all my earrings and pinning them to an earring minder bust thing, I was still WIDE awake at half 4. Coughing and sneezing all the while.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

The weekends over and I'm depressed :(:(

I want a decent pint of Guinness in a proper Irish pub with the civilised, intelligent company of my fellow Irish men and women instead of being stuck in this third rate, backwards, hole of a place they call middle England.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ordered my laptop from Elara.ie on Friday, enthused by all the "wow! They delivered it for me the next day!" posts. Tuesday now and they haven't even processed it/charged it/shipped it.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Ordered my laptop from Elara.ie on Friday, enthused by all the "wow! They delivered it for me the next day!" posts. Tuesday now and they haven't even processed it/charged it/shipped it.

How many Mhz does it have? I hear the more you have the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It has several, more than I can count. Several more than I can count.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement