Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My tummy hurts. :( Perhaps following up those shots with partially cooked samosas wasn't the best idea? Damn you, Moorsy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

That's what you get for killing Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

shay_562 wrote: »
    My tummy hurts. :( Perhaps following up those shots with partially cooked samosas wasn't the best idea? Damn you, Moorsy...

My heart bleeds for you...what with the life of leisure which allows you to be that badly hungover on a Thursday and to suffer no consquences greater than your own discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Boston wrote:
    That's what you get for killing Jesus!

...how abstract.
    My heart bleeds for you...what with the life of leisure which allows you to be that badly hungover on a Thursday and to suffer no consquences greater than your own discomfort.

Pfft! Please, you call this a life of leisure? Where are the manservants popping grapes into my mouth while fanning me with palm branches? Where are the golden thrones and luxurious couches? Where's my elephant? I bet I'll even have to call the Chinese takeaway myself later on! This is the worst day ever...

...how abstract.

I'm in England and slowly loosing my mind.

• Advertisement

Pfft! Please, you call this a life of leisure? Where are the manservants popping grapes into my mouth while fanning me with palm branches? Where are the golden thrones and luxurious couches? Where's my elephant? I bet I'll even have to call the Chinese takeaway myself later on! This is the worst day ever...

Yes indeed it does sound like a terrible day. Then good help is hard to find these days. I'm sure though it's just a bit of a rough patch and that things will return to their normal glorious ease in no time at all.

Nicely done, now so over the the woohoo thread and put down that rvd boy in a similar fashion.

Boston wrote: »
    Nicely done, now so over the the woohoo thread and put down that rvd boy in a similar fashion.

It would appear someone got there before me. And Boston, what ever has happened to you, I'm sure I've seen you put down people...or maybe we should take rvd boy's advice and all just 'get along.:rolleyes:

I'm saving my rage for bingo night.

Boston wrote: »
    I'm saving my rage for bingo night.

Well its good to know that you're maturing successfully. A good solid handbag comes in usual at bingo, or so I'm told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Everyones seems against me on the Woo-hoo and Moan threads... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

i hate those people who are ranting about Electric Picnic. What the hell is wrong with them? We're lucky to have a festival like it..

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

thats_life wrote: »
    i hate those people who are ranting about Electric Picnic. What the hell is wrong with them? We're lucky to have a festival like it..

Agreed. Im still smiling a week later.

Moan - Its raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Moan: college fees of €3000...that i have to pay myself...through loans....leaving me no money to play with

Moan: it is indeed raining....

lilmizzme wrote: »
    Moan: college fees of €3000...that i have to pay myself...through loans....leaving me no money to play with

Moan: it is indeed raining....

But I assume its a sort of a wohoo because its the course you want...?

And yes the rain, there is a crack in the sole of my boot and my sock is very wet from walking in the rain.

But I assume its a sort of a wohoo because its the course you want...?

True that, Im trying not to think about the fact ill probably still be paying it back when I leave college...

An investment in my future...thats what I'm telling myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

lilmizzme wrote: »
    True that, Im trying not to think about the fact ill probably still be paying it back when I leave college...

An investment in my future...thats what I'm telling myself...
    Three grand is nothing. You could easily pay it off over two summers if you get decent jobs. Or, you could enjoy your time in college and not worry about debts until you enter the Real World.

And yes, it is raining. I have wet socks. It was a bad idea to rebel on my last day and wear jeans.

And yes, it is raining. I have wet socks. It was a bad idea to rebel on my last day and wear jeans.

Didn't you say you had come to the realisation that your office was way more casual than you were dressing? And you said that in June? And you're only wearing jeans today?

I'm going to buy shoes with no cracks on lunch. And in doing so get more wet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Boo urns to the rain. I am wearing my hiking boots, which look really silly, but at least they are waterproof

Didn't you say you had come to the realisation that your office was way more casual than you were dressing? And you said that in June? And you're only wearing jeans today?
    I can't remember what I said last week, let alone what I said in June. What I can tell you is that I have been called up on my less-than-business-like attire before. I was also told that casual friday was for other people, not for me. They all dress like slobs on fridays. Today was to be my jean-clad revenge. A final fup you to the establishment. Going down in a blaze of you're-going-to-give-me-a-shoite-reference-anyway glory.

Now I sniffle.

Sniff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Moan: I brought clothes in a bag to get changed out of my suit after work, but I forgot to bring jeans. Now I'll have to wear my suit trousers until I get to a shop that sells cheap slacks.

I wear Gortex army boots everywhere, it makes me look like a bit of a psychopath, especially when wore with combats, but my feet are always dry no matter how ****e the weather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Where would be a good place to pick up a pair of said boots? Haven't had a pair for years.

Try here the army pro are meant to be a better boot, if you can get it in your size. Of course these are top of the range, you can get other brands far far cheaper. A decent pair of gortex boots will set you back about 100 euro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ta. Figured it would be god.

Now I sniffle.

Sniff.

From the cold caused by your wet socks or do to the impending bad reference?

From the cold caused by your wet socks or do to the impending bad reference?
    cold.
    Boston wrote:
    I wear Gortex army boots everywhere
    Couldn't wear them into an office, tho.

Having to look respectable is such a chore. Its funny when it goes wrong, however. Like yesterday when one of the buttons of my shirt fell off (fatty fat fat-fat) and I ended up looking like some hillarious seventies throwback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Like yesterday when one of the buttons of my shirt fell off (fatty fat fat-fat) and I ended up looking like some hillarious seventies throwback.

It did look hilarious. I honestly thought you'd done it on purpose though.

Moan: I brought clothes in a bag to get changed out of my suit after work, but I forgot to bring jeans. Now I'll have to wear my suit trousers until I get to a shop that sells cheap slacks.

Micheal Guineys is your friend....Celtic Tiger never got to them, neither will the recession!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Tesco sell Jeans for €4:50, not bad for camping either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement