Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Baza210 wrote: »
    Jmccrohan just PM'd me the JF Engineering timetable.. 9-5 daily with only one hour's break.. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk.

Fridays are the best. Thats where you get to sit in some Lab until 6pm while the demonstrator tries to figure out why you decided to connect 5Volts to your elbow.
    karlr42 wrote: »
    Good old Dolly Parton shift.
    It'll all be worth it in the end.

Now theres a lie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Sounds great.

If that demonstrator is me, it won't be. Expect several comments questioning your parentage and suggesting you might have been better off at UCD.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Boston wrote: »
    I have the e66, it is the bomb

WANT

The new 3-Series?

• Advertisement

If that demonstrator is me, it won't be. Expect several comments questioning your parentage and suggesting you might have been better off at UCD.

What's this soldier's name, Bean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

The new 3-Series?
    The new Nokia http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/nokia/e66.html

karlr42 wrote: »

No, I knew. I would prefer an E36 though. Or an FD3S. Well, just an FD3S. And a small Arabian country to fuel it.

What's this soldier's name, Bean?

You make sense now, kthxbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Bleurgh. Hungover. At some point last night I agreed to emmigrate to Australia.

• Advertisement

You make sense now, kthxbye

Oh, you haven't read Ender's Game?

kthxbai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

If a Google search for the quote doesn't find it on the first page, the book is officially obscure.

It's not a direct quote, I adapted it. The original quote is "This soldier's name is Bean". Ender's Game is one of the most famous SciFi novels ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well, I HOPE they are on this forum if THEY if know how too use a computer..

DOORMEN/BOUNCERS

I know some people on here, Are them. And think that they are not that bad.

Well try this...

BARCODE. My local, CLUB, I live in Marino. And it is my local club, as it is licensed as. Well, Tesco night out, Me and two friends. Told to wait aside, for what reason it is unknown, I don't even think they know. After a 5-10 mins of just standing there, we asked, are we getting in.

Oh no, No reason, just move out of the fire exit.

If you push anyone too waiting around, you will get a bit nervey. So I said, under what grounds is this a fire exit? He could not answer. I said your going too get 900 people threw this exit? No answer, Made me wonder, is this the only exit? If so your going to die if the place was on fire. Stardust part 2 .

Then , I was informed for standing on public property I was barred, again, I asked under which grounds. Too no reply. Then the garda pulled up, and they did not ask me too move, under the peace. I was no even cautioned under a breech of the peace.

Also , during this time, too which I was quietly sitting there having a smoke, some tall chubby old fella told me too **** off. I asked him was that directed at me. Again, **** off.

My question here, I wish too make a complaint for one, been told too **** off, secondly having someone try too enforce a law on me too which he has no grounds too do so. The fire exit, I have major concern. As I work in tesco, and we would have at any one time around 900-1000 people in the store, covered by 15-20 emergency exits, not one.

Another date, I was told I was not a student, and it was student night, without clear signatory saying it was student night or that the club was reserved for students only. Even at that, I am a student and was refused on the pre tense of a student night, without been asked for a student ID.

So, how much training do these people receive ? Do they know how too check ID's? I knew people getting in that where 15/16/17, and when I said it they just laugh cause they were girls.

Also noticed on a scale of one in ten, that 2-10 Girls was refused, as a opposed again to a noticed scale of 6-10 boys.

One bouncer was refusing people on the grounds that it was too late. If it was too late, why would they be still standing at the "fire exit" letting people in?

These people need too be giving training as they have no idea on anything that is going on in the world. Let alone a club. And too not even know where the fire exits are or what they are, or making the punters think is shocking. Its only a matter of time before people get sick of this and move on, or run out of money.. :pac:

kthxbai

Ok, Enders game was the first thing I thought of when I read solider and bean together. But I decided nobody would go that low...

Ok, Enders game was the first thing I thought of when I read solider and bean together. But I decided nobody would go that low...

Well anyway, it was a cryptically nerdy way of asking for some name that I would perhaps be able to identify you from if you were ever supervising.

msg11 wrote: »
    Well, I HOPE they are on this forum if THEY if know how too use a computer..

DOORMEN/BOUNCERS

I know some people on here, Are them. And think that they are not that bad.

Well try this...

BARCODE. My local, CLUB, I live in Marino. And it is my local club, as it is licensed as. Well, Tesco night out, Me and two friends. Told to wait aside, for what reason it is unknown, I don't even think they know. After a 5-10 mins of just standing there, we asked, are we getting in.

Oh no, No reason, just move out of the fire exit.

If you push anyone too waiting around, you will get a bit nervey. So I said, under what grounds is this a fire exit? He could not answer. I said your going too get 900 people threw this exit? No answer, Made me wonder, is this the only exit? If so your going to die if the place was on fire. Stardust part 2 .

Then , I was informed for standing on public property I was barred, again, I asked under which grounds. Too no reply. Then the garda pulled up, and they did not ask me too move, under the peace. I was no even cautioned under a breech of the peace.

Also , during this time, too which I was quietly sitting there having a smoke, some tall chubby old fella told me too **** off. I asked him was that directed at me. Again, **** off.

My question here, I wish too make a complaint for one, been told too **** off, secondly having someone try too enforce a law on me too which he has no grounds too do so. The fire exit, I have major concern. As I work in tesco, and we would have at any one time around 900-1000 people in the store, covered by 15-20 emergency exits, not one.

Another date, I was told I was not a student, and it was student night, without clear signatory saying it was student night or that the club was reserved for students only. Even at that, I am a student and was refused on the pre tense of a student night, without been asked for a student ID.

So, how much training do these people receive ? Do they know how too check ID's? I knew people getting in that where 15/16/17, and when I said it they just laugh cause they were girls.

Also noticed on a scale of one in ten, that 2-10 Girls was refused, as a opposed again to a noticed scale of 6-10 boys.

One bouncer was refusing people on the grounds that it was too late. If it was too late, why would they be still standing at the "fire exit" letting people in?

These people need too be giving training as they have no idea on anything that is going on in the world. Let alone a club. And too not even know where the fire exits are or what they are, or making the punters think is shocking. Its only a matter of time before people get sick of this and move on, or run out of money.. :pac:

So... you're annoyed you didn't get a shot at the jailbait?

Well anyway, it was a cryptically nerdy way of asking for some name that I would perhaps be able to identify you from if you were ever supervising.

I'll be the psychopathic looking guy. I wouldn't worry about it as its looking unlikely I'll have to do labs this year. Additionally I've been informed you'll have the mangonel project this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

msg11 wrote: »
    Told to wait aside, for what reason it is unknown, I don't even think they know.

I've had that line pulled at me when I went to Barcode on a Thursday night. Was a last minute decision so didn't really have time to put on the whole tan, put 5 inches of foundation on my face or sort out a proper outfit. Now I hate Barcode mainly cos it's full of "hairdressers" and orangutans. I don't look or dress like them so obviously I stood out in the queue. My two mates who were with me, one of them fits right into Barcode, the other is half and half. Got up to the front, bouncer let my two mates in and told me to wait aside. I showed him my ID (passport) and told him I'm with them, he pulled the line again but I just ignored him and showed it again. He let me in eventually but it's totally BS how he judged on the way I was dressed/looked.

Never been back to Barcode since. And I hope I don't have to.

I'll be the psychopathic looking guy. I wouldn't worry about it as its looking unlikely I'll have to do labs this year. Additionally I've been informed you'll have the mangonel project this year!

Nice, we'll rival Randall Munroe and his trebuchet-ing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Myth wrote: »
    So... you're annoyed you didn't get a shot at the jailbait?

I think they wanted a shoi, of the jail bait, dirty pervy bouncers.. Looking at ID, more like looking at the rack too see if its big enough. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Bah, new job nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bah, no new job nerves. no new job, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Blurgh. Still all food poisoned. Possibly still some alcohol poisoning in there too. I actually feel worse than I did yesterday, which is really not a good sign.

Bonus moan: Got home from holiday to find a brochure from the Careers Advisory Service sitting there reminding me that I have no plans or goals or future, and only until the middle of October to find some.

Edited to make it three: Oh, and I mis-spelled "Jarlath Regan" as "Reagan" on the Facebook invites to a Hist event next week, because I am a ****ing spoon. Gah! As someone who can be a tad Nazi-ish about spelling and grammar and whatnot, I find it incredibly shameful when I make stupid mistakes like that.

shay_562 wrote: »
    Edited to make it three: Oh, and I mis-spelled "Jarlath Regan" as "Reagan" on the Facebook invites to a Hist event next week, because I am a ****ing spoon. Gah! As someone who can be a tad Nazi-ish about spelling and grammar and whatnot, I find it incredibly shameful when I make stupid mistakes like that.

It can't be as bad as writing "your" instead of "you're", unintentionally. That really pisses me of when I do it.

Also, all my images have gotten very jaggedy. This is odd. The Edit/Quote/Post Reply buttons are all disproportioned and pixellated.

Edit again: Sorted. This is in Firefox 3 on Hardy Heron. Solution is to click View>Zoom>Zoom Text Only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Bloody recruitment people getting my hopes up and then abandoning me. I am now depressface. Being unemployed sucks testicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yes it does. Got any business ideas? lets form our own company.

Loads of them.

Let's do lunch.

Free lunch?

• Advertisement

Only if it's an idea-shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement