Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Remember this day folks. Today is the day when I lost all semblance of self respect. Indeed, I have lost all semblance of self.

According to my birth cert I am... a culchie.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Remember this day folks. Today is the day when I lost all semblance of self respect. Indeed, I have lost all semblance of self.

According to my birth cert I am... a culchie.:(

/points and laughs, just a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MissyRock

Ick, had a 9 to 5 day today. That's 7 lectures and one hour of what the hell is going on!! Talk about starting back on a downer :(
    Tomorrow is ok though, I don't start til 10 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

stupid mccaffe is stupidly crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ick! 34 hour weeks!? This is even worse than I thought! And for some reason, I decided to take a part-time job on top of it all. I suck at having a life, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

My timetable is a ****ing joke. Period.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I kind of miss Trinity....Cambridge is a little bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

tcdwifi is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm terribly confused altogether. Some lectures on this week, not on next week, don't go to certain ones this week, follow your timetable, don't follow your timetable, stop stealing that person's timetable etc
    <:confused:>
    |
    /\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

tcdwifi is a joke!

You can say that again.
    tcdwifi is a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

My epic colleague is correct, as is Baza.
    I love seeing all the freshers come in all wide eyed and optimistic, then start seeing all the bad points :)
    [/joke]

The TCDguest network seems to work perfectly.. if only I could get an id number for that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Do you mean firststeps? I don't think you can access the net off that ie it has no external connection.
    I wouldn't mess with any other network you see, they might be "dangerous"

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

tcdwifi is a joke!

Its all kinds of bad! I got it working one boring lunchtime in the arts block but it wont work in the Lloyd institute or the Hamilton library :/

karlr42 wrote: »
    Do you mean firststeps? I don't think you can access the net off that ie it has no external connection.
    I wouldn't mess with any other network you see, they might be "dangerous"

Nope, there's another hidden network called TCDguest. I discovered it when using the net on one of the o2 HEAnet laptops today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Trinity diary this year = a world of ick. It genuinely pains me that it is that hideous.

It's not so much a diary as a load of advertising, either. I wouldn't've minded paying a few euro for a good quality one, but only about a third of the one they give you is actually useful for writing stuff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think it's visually pleasing, but excessively heavy and massive. Don't want to be lugging that around along with EVERYTHING else.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I think it's visually pleasing, but excessively heavy and massive. Don't want to be lugging that around along with EVERYTHING else.

you can just rip out the pages you don't want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Me wrote:
    Dear Head of Department,

Please find attached very important letter regarding the course.

Kind regards,
    Me
    There is no attachment.
    Head of Department

Say it with me, folks: BOLLOX :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

My old ID photo made me look like a damp otter. Now I look like a country housewife from the 1950s with an inflated face. I hate you, crappy webcam operators.

Nobody has suffered like I.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hahahah ah that explains why you were so upset about attachments. Thats gay.

Idiot ;)

Mechanics first thing..

/me yawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I've got a load of washing sitting in a machine that I want to put in the dryer. The problem? There's two people having sex right now* on the bench in the college launderette. Seems kinda inconsiderate, really.

*Well, I say "right now" - they were 7-8 minutes ago when I first went to check on my laundry. They may well be done by now. But I'm still waiting another while before I go back, just in case.

shay_562 wrote: »
    I've got a load of washing sitting in a machine that I want to put in the dryer. The problem? There's two people having sex right now* on the bench in the college launderette. Seems kinda inconsiderate, really.

*Well, I say "right now" - they were 7-8 minutes ago when I first went to check on my laundry. They may well be done by now. But I'm still waiting another while before I go back, just in case.

Don't bother trying to call security for the next hour, you won't get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

Arrggghhh recession....Budget......No Money......
    Blah blah blah :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Security, Junior Dean fun fun, call it in its not acceptable. As you would say get a room, which they most likely have.

Power is cut to the washers and dryers at 10pm so you are kind of wasting your time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Pictures or it didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Can't focus on simple programming problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Peslo

Boston wrote: »
    Can't focus on simple programming problem.
    Stupid swipe card thing never works on LG 36!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement