Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:
    You realise the Pav was not orginally a pub, and those arn't steps their places to sit and watch the cricket?
    Makes sense..
    If you go into the new physics building and go in the double doors that turn left. You'll see a lot of historical physics paraphenalia. There are a couple of old photos of all these men (fitzgerald one of them?) with beards and top hats surrounding the pav in it's hey-day. There's a giant wooden plank leaning up against the pav and these old venerable chaps are running down the plank in this massive primitive flying contraption. It's pretty fukin cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've never seen that, I must have a look next time I'm in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

I've decided to ressurect this thread for something I'm sure many people are pissed off about, the fact that Trinity Ball Tickets are f*cking sold out!

My own tale of woe starts on Tuesday night, when I decided I was going to go (just after Republic of Loose and Future Kings Of Spain were announced). Attempting to order the ticket online, I realise that I have to pay for it in-person, after booking online. Fair enough, I say to myself, I'll just book now and pay tomorrow. Or so I thought, as I couldn't get onto the ticket-booking page after numerous attempts (in both IE and FireFox). Irritating, but I'll try booking again tomorrow. After another few attempts, both on my home PC and in the college computer rooms, the following morning, the booking page still wasn't coming up, which, as you can imagine, this close to the ball, was getting pretty pissing off, until, finally, I managed to book my ticket on one of the Macs on campus. Great, off to pay for them! Nope, it's a quarter past four, and despite the fact that the SU shop is open every day until about nine, they only let you pay for tickets between 10:30 and 4:00, and not only is there no online payment, but the credit-card line isn't automated, so only works for the same few hours a day. Bollocks, I guess I'll just have to pay for it tomorrow (Thursday, the day before the ball), but so long as I'm there within the specified hours, they have to let me pay, right? WRONG! I walk into the SU shop at 3:15pm on the Thursday (which, I might add, is empty of shoppers), and get told to go up to the SU office upstairs, as that's where they've moved the payment operation. Fair enough, I think to myself as I make my way up the stairs, joining the small queue just inside the door of the office (maybe 10 people, not moving much). After a couple of seconds, I was approached by one of the people who was organising the sales, and asked if I had a credit-card (which I didn't, I would have used my father's if I could pay online or at any reasonable time over the phone), and was subsequently told that at the moment they were only accepting credit-card payment! Why? Apparently they didn't have any tills up there to deal with cash. THEN WHY THE F*CK DID YOU MOVE PAYMENT OUT OF THE EMPTY SU SHOP?????? There was only one cashier in the shop, two tills, no other customers, and each of the ten people waiting to buy tickets could have been dealt with in 20 or 30 seconds. The person I talked to didn't seem to give a damn that I had booked a ticket and been promised that I could pay for it, in cash, here and now, saying that my only option was to go into Goldsmith Hall at 10 tomorrow and pay on the spot, (she didn't either seem to know or care whether my code would guarentee me a ticket or not). After a considerable amount of disagreement, I decided, screw it, I'll just go in tomorrow morning and get a ticket then, as the Trinity Ball never sells out anyway, and it seems I've got no other choice. So, arriving at about 10:05 this morning I found myself at the end of a queue in Goldsmith Hall for people paying for tickets (I found out that it had actually been open since 9, but this didn't bother me much at that stage as I still thought I could get one), and asking the door attendant I was told that, so long as I've got my code, I'll be able to get a ticket. Fourty-five (yes, 45) minutes of queueing later, an announcement is made the the entire queue that we're wasting our time, that all the tickets are sold out, and that what we thought were our booking numbers were absolutely useless. Now, if the tickets were already sold out when I got there (as I heard from some people), then why the **** wasn't I told this before missing my very last Stats lecture to queue pointlessly for 45 mins, and if the booking codes were useless (as it turns out, they were), then why on earth did I get told that, because I had a code, I can queue up and get a ticket? And most importantly, why do I have to go through all this sh*t when the organisers could have had a single office where people can go to book, pay for, and pick up tickets all in one go, or simply let people pay for their tickets online? Seriously, I'd be happier even if TicketMaster were the ones ditributing the tickets, they charge rediculous service charges, but at least they provide you some f*cking service for it!

So here I am, after having spent days on a wild goose chase to buy a ticket for the ball, sitting at home with a useless Tux, and the only option to pay €120+ (which I can't afford), to some scalper. F*cking great! :mad:

Note: If I happen to have offended anyone in the above post (i tend to when I rant), I do apologise, but you must understand that I am seriously f*ucking pissed off and there was no offence intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

i.hate.studying.

i.hate.exams.

grrrrrr.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yes yes i am in college.

• Advertisement

Darth Bobo wrote:
    yes yes i am in college.
    Doesn't exactly qualify as a unique moan, or a moan at all for that matter eh Bobo?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Doesn't exactly qualify as a unique moan, or a moan at all for that matter eh Bobo?
    Weeelll i didn't see u on msn at 5...

ah feicim anois..

Didn't see the time, though my head is melted

know the feeling :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

rant -exams are the biggest load of sh1t ever. Your whole year is accounted for in a matter of hours! No fair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

RANT!!!
    The mounties that KEEP driving down my Road beeping their horns as if someone just got married, just because they finished school or something. GRRR I can't study! And their ohsobeautiful crappy little daddy's credit cord bought cars have REALLY annoying horns and are covered in stupid balloons and ribbons. Did I mention the copious L Plates - it'd be a Garda's dream to pull them over, i'd be surprised if there was a fully licensed driver in any ONE of the 5 car convoy... GRRR!

Egg 'em! :D

What a waste of good eggs!.. Anyway, have to go to work, ugh...

I take it you don't like your job then? :/

Working for minimum wage in spar? Oh, I LOVE it... [/]sarcasm

Well maybe you might get some really nice customer that'll cheer you up?

(Desperately trying to think of something -clutching at straws here plunky...)

Plunky wrote:
    The mounties
    Mounties?
    mounties_web_72dpi.jpg

You better not be slagging off the esteemed RCMP..

Apex! :eek:

Mounties!! a.k.a Mount Anville??!

mount-anville-school-gates.jpg

Never heard of it..

I am however half canadian so you can see how I might mix it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Never heard of it..

Spot the northsider

• Advertisement

Spot the northsider
    Pay attention will ya

Yes but surely you'd have heard of it even if you don't live near it, or obviously didn't go there. It's a big school!

Nope, doesn't even ring a bell. The world doesn't revolve around D4, 16, 14 etc you know.. Lucan probably has twice your population tbh

For instance I wouldn't expect you to know any of the three >1000 student secondary schools in Lucan Chick (there are other small ones too). Nor be able to name three of the four areas/towns surrounding Lucan? Can you? I'd be impressed

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i can i can i can!

Chick wrote:

hrmmm never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:

If you go down the road to the right on that picture and walk for 3-4 minutes you get to my road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...*looks at some of the estates around my area and wonders when the **** d14 became posh :P*

ApeXaviour wrote:
    For instance I wouldn't expect you to know any of the three >1000 student secondary schools in Lucan Chick (there are other small ones too). Nor be able to name three of the four areas/towns surrounding Lucan? Can you? I'd be impressed

Lucan community college is the only school I know.

RE areas/towns... emmmm.... Blanchardstown, Palmerstown, Cellbridge, Leixlip and Clondalkin would be my best guesses?

Any good or way off the mark? :/

(I was tempted to ask someone but as you can probably tell I didn't :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Plunky wrote:
    RANT!!!
    The mounties that KEEP driving down my Road beeping their horns as if someone just got married, just because they finished school or something. GRRR I can't study! And their ohsobeautiful crappy little daddy's credit cord bought cars have REALLY annoying horns and are covered in stupid balloons and ribbons. Did I mention the copious L Plates - it'd be a Garda's dream to pull them over, i'd be surprised if there was a fully licensed driver in any ONE of the 5 car convoy... GRRR!

It's even funnier when they crash into each other trying to leave the school grounds on their way to meet blackrock boys in Eddie Rockets. "wow, omg, giggle, giggle, toot horn - smash."

I recognise the picture all too well, spent six years in green there - btw, Ross O'Carroll Kelly reads like non-fiction to me after that experience.

• Advertisement

crash_000 wrote:
    ...*looks at some of the estates around my area and wonders when the **** d14 became posh :P*

Same...kinda. I'm D16.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement