Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

And lets not get started about sabbats. Ah good times. Why did we run for that again?

I think, now this is only a guess, I think we thought we could change things.

Or rather keep things from utterly imploding.

Ah back in the days when I had hope.

I think, now this is only a guess, I think we thought we could change things.

Or rather keep things from utterly imploding.

Ah back in the days when I had hope.

Well you're able to change the small things and while 95% of people will never care you can still push ahead and work for these things. Some powerhouses do manage to change some larger things but these people (let's call them "Daithí's" for sake of argument) tend to be the exception.

Btw I hope to god the Mac thing is an utter joke.

Myth wrote: »
    Well you're able to change the small things and while 95% of people will never care you can still push ahead and work for these things. Some powerhouses do manage to change some larger things but these people (let's call them "Daithí's" for sake of argument) tend to be the exception.

Lol "Daithí's" as if it comes in plural.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Council Believes:
    Education is a right, not a privilege.

Council Notes:
    Straight fees, backdoor fees, deferred loans, graduate taxes, bloated registration fees and tiered fees systems all create barriers to education for Irish school leavers.

Council Further Notes:
    Third level education is a public service which should be fully publicly funded through taxation. Access to third level education should be a government priority.

Council Therefore Mandates:
    The Students’ Union to oppose the reintroduction of third-level fees under any guise.
    If we don't pay them now we will just end up paying them back in addition to the interest incurred as a result of the government paying our fees with national debt at a later stage.

That's unbelievable, ANY guise? Even if the government come up with a genius plan to introduce fees that works for everyone? The SU still have to oppose it. People should really examine the words used in these motions more carefully.

Oh, and I'd have voted against it also. Fees are a good idea.
    Lol "Daithí's" as if it comes in plural.
    It certainly doesn't come with an unneccessary apostrophe anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

People should really examine the words used in these motions more carefully.

People should be less retarded.
    SU motions were passed tonight that I didn't want passed :(

Get out of student politics. It will leave you a bitter ,wasted, husk of a person, demented and screaming at those around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Boston, have you - in a Hils manner - got secrets to bare? Can you not bear them any longer?

It certainly doesn't come with an unneccessary apostrophe anyway.

In keeping with the spirit of the thread: Weh weh weh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston wrote: »
    Get out of student politics. It will leave you a bitter ,wasted, husk of a person, demented and screaming at those around you.
    I think I might just stop going to the council meetings and just do stuff for the class.. that meeting just irritated me.

Wher ma hoodies at

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Wher ma hoodies at
    Havent placed the group order yet.. waiting for my class to get back to me. Order them on Monday probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 talkinboutmy...

Yesterday my bike was stolen,I found out my "reading week" was two days long,I left all my books in halls and after an hour spent looking for the right apartment no one was home,my bag broke,and I stubed the **** out of my toe.

Left swipe card in room..noone home..waiting for a roommate to come back now. I had planned to go to the computer room in Oldham but you need a funking swipe card to get in there too..

Oldham
    Some computer room in halls?

Yep.

Boston, have you - in a Hils manner - got secrets to bare? Can you not bear them any longer?

Shes just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son!
    I think I might just stop going to the council meetings and just do stuff for the class.. that meeting just irritated me.

Yep. At some point some wanker of an education officer may try to remove you as a class rep because you don't attend council.

Yep. At some point some wanker of an education officer may try to remove you as a class rep because you don't attend council.

Were you class rep and same thing happen to you?

Yep. well more to the point I heard he would be trying to, so I sent an email to my class about it ,resulting in a fair few people being pissed off. Its not that I was loved and adored by all my class, I was simply useful.

Man, I sent some crazy stuff out to them. :confused:

Shes just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son!

Now, now. It didn't get nearly that far.

Last time you started ranting along those lines didn't you cause massive hysteria among a rather self-important group of people? ;) I was forbidden from boards at the time so this is just on hearsay.

Last time you started ranting along those lines didn't you cause massive hysteria among a rather self-important group of people? ;) I was forbidden from boards at the time so this is just on hearsay.

Lol, apparently there was/is some guy in the SU making 'threats against my person' as a result. Back in my day hacks where far more passive.

I imagine you where asked some awkward questions as a result ;).

Lol, apparently there was/is some guy in the SU making 'threats against my person' as a result. Back in my day hacks where far more passive.

I imagine you where asked some awkward questions as a result ;).

Lol no. This happened the day the EC were refusing to deal with me or my campaign. This combined with your apparent disdain for all things SU meant that they found their answers long before I had even heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

doing a maths assignment online and couldnt understand why my answer of 1.3333 was wrong. Spent about 25mins trying to find the right answer till i saw "leave answer to two place of decimals". stupid computers

I don't actually understand that section of questions.. how can a function defined with 3 separate formulae and parameters be continuous?

Ok, maybe I do understand that section. Woo.

Wiley plus is bent.

I hate Epsilons and Deltas. Grargh.

Have to install and uninstall antivirus software again this Monday.

ISS is making us reauthenticate. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

GBstat SUCKS COCKS IN HELL.

OhnoyouDIDN'T just lose my carefully-created ANOVA and graphs.

@jmccrohan - Everyone?

@jmccrohan - Everyone?
    Did you get an email from ISS today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Everyone did.

• Advertisement

Pfft, email's too slow. I guess I'll check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement