Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

3-3 omg

Are you banned from the soccer forum or something kev? I'm in college, not at home or at my mate's 21st. Grrr.

go and catch the last 20 mins of normal time myth.

Tis 81 mins into it according to the bbc website...

i'll be very surprised if this normal time is over before 20 minutes after my post, well, maybe 18 mins, so you can excuse me round up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

cuckoo wrote:
    It's even funnier when they crash into each other trying to leave the school grounds on their way to meet blackrock boys in Eddie Rockets. "wow, omg, giggle, giggle, toot horn - smash."

I recognise the picture all too well, spent six years in green there - btw, Ross O'Carroll Kelly reads like non-fiction to me after that experience.
    Oh, so it's one of THOSE schools eh? Is it private or something?

I met one girl from Mount Anville in Fresher's week, she was a Law student, and a total bitch, but I'm not going to base my opinions of a school on one person..

Oh and also: I just spent 3 hours playing, or trying to play the SAME ****ING SONG ON PIANO.
    I think I've lost my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Oh and also: I just spent 3 hours playing, or trying to play the SAME ****ING SONG ON PIANO.
    Sounds normal..
    Chick wrote:
    Lucan community college is the only school I know.

RE areas/towns... emmmm.... Blanchardstown, Palmerstown, Cellbridge, Leixlip and Clondalkin would be my best guesses?

Any good or way off the mark? :/

(I was tempted to ask someone but as you can probably tell I didn't :confused: )
    Jeeze... :eek: You either read maps for fun, know people from all these areas or you cheated.
    LCC, well you can pretty much name any town and say community college after it (castleknock, portmarnock etc). But I believe you actually know of the school, did you know people who went there or something?

i think chick is actually a genius we've underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pet wrote:

What song was it? Just wondering. Realised I haven't learnt anything new for the piano in about 5 months, boo-urns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

When you start playing the same note for three hours I'd worry. Unless you're into minimalism. I know I am.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i used to go out with a Girl from mount anville, nice girl...

/me sighs.

her dad went balistic when he walked in on..... well, i think i said too much.

ironicly, she's in trinity now

What song was it?

Ode to Joy, or as I now call it, Ode to ****ing Insanity.

I hope there was nobody in the vicinity of the room, because if there was, they've probably gone and thrown themselves out the window after hearing me mess it up after the umpteenth time.

But I'm sure it was entertaining to listen to, for a while at least.

"Now, wait, there's an A# coming up..wait for it..wait for it..AH ****, NOT AGAIN, JESUS CHRIST!!!!"

i wouldnt have taken you to be a piano player pet....

i used to go out with a Girl from mount anville, nice girl...

/me sighs.

her dad went balistic when he walked in on..... well, i think i said too much.

ironicly, she's in trinity now

Hah, give us her first name.

i think i'm going to pull a "chick" on this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Pet wrote:
    Ode to Joy, or as I now call it, Ode to ****ing Insanity.
    But ode to joy is deadly, ummm sure how about ye play fur elise for all of today?

*wanders off to listen to some Beethoven*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Jeeze... :eek: You either read maps for fun, know people from all these areas or you cheated.
    LCC, well you can pretty much name any town and say community college after it (castleknock, portmarnock etc). But I believe you actually know of the school, did you know people who went there or something?

Nope I told you I didn't cheat, and if you knew me at all you'd know I can't read maps for sh1t so that's not exactly the first thing I'd go looking for, but come on it's not that hard, I don't live in a bubble you know lol I am aware of other areas in Dublin... :D Why are you so shocked? :confused:

I vaguely rememeber meeting a girl one time I think went to LCC, so thought I'd try you! :) I didn't just add on the community college bit cos that could've blown up in my face! :o
    i think chick is actually a genius we've underestimated.
    Well I don't like to brag Kev... but some might say :cool:
    i think i'm going to pull a "chick" on this
    Since when has this become a valid expression? :eek:

Chick wrote:
    Well I don't like to brag Kev... but some might say :cool:
    no comment..........
    Since when has this become a valid expression? :eek:
    Since emmm u used it on a daily basis for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Darth Bobo wrote:
    no comment..........
    Sheesh DB lighten up, it's called humour :rolleyes:

DB wrote:
    Since emmm u used it on a daily basis for a while?
    When did I ever do that?

• Advertisement

Chick wrote:
    Sheesh DB lighten up, it's called humour :rolleyes:
    uh,,cba with a response, maybe later after my caffine dose

[EDIT]
    Litre of Coke into me, so i'm just about awake enough to reply to ye, I was meerly making the point i was at a stretch to make a scarcastic comment, it was intended light heartedly and not to be taken litterly, i wasn't suggesting ur comment wasn't made in jest(though i really don't know if u are some sorta genius or not...)........but anyway back to study i go.
    [/EDIT]

Euggh, just out of a not-so-nice exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote:
    Euggh, just out of a not-so-nice exam.

Snap! My exam sucked the balls off an elephant.

John2 wrote:
    Snap! My exam sucked the balls off an elephant.

Just realised I left my jumper in Goldsmith and all. Damn.

/me runs off to steal myths jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Jeez, still got exams??? :D

ain't started yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

a rant:
    people on the 4th floor of the ussher. kindly shut the hell up. while i understand you may be having difficulty analysing econometric models, you don't need to share your problems with the entire library. go outside for christ's sake. also, blonde ponytail girl? we can hear you talking loudly in the photocopying room. yoghurt should clear up that dose of thrush. and disgusting bess couple: there's a time and a place for frotteurism. please don't do it while sitting opposite me as it's somewhat distracting.

oh, and library staff - please try and reshelve books correctly, as it can be quite unnerving spending an hour looking for a book on greek tyranny the day before the exam and eventually finding it 2 minutes before closing time in the medieval latin section.

damn kids. wasn't like this when i was in first year, y'know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

punka wrote:
    damn kids. wasn't like this when i was in first year, y'know...
    Don't blame us kids. I don't even use the library much. Not all first years are that annoying.

I signed your petition btw. I miss Danno...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

i know, i know. some of you kids are cool. it's not actually the first years who are the problem, i don't think - it's all years. but when i was in first year the ussher was a LOT quieter. even last year it wasn't too bad.

god, i sound like such an old man.

thanks for signing the petition. i started a facebook group too. i wanted to get a photo up but i couldn't find one anywhere, sadly...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement