Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Baza210 wrote: »
    Did that, couldn't log in to the COMPSCI domain.

Yeah... And stay out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

obl wrote: »
    Yeah... And stay out.

Sure you are only half a cs student :P

Try logging into the linux machines.. They hadn't set up the time restrictions those machines last year iirc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

sigh

I'm only in my masters 6 weeks and I'm sending out PhD applications already. These things have to be done ridiculously early. Funding in the UK also seems complicated and a bit useless, it would seem I now need to go find scholarships whose deadline hasn't passed who will actually give me money, which are few and far between. Bloody IRCSET is so much handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Bloody IRCSET is so much handier.

Things must be really bad over there if thats true.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Sure you are only half a cs student :P.

Oi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

My interview went worse than I thought :(

Boston wrote: »
    Things must be really bad over there if thats true.

The equivalent body here only gives full maintenance grants to UK students, the best I can hope for is for them to pay my fees. Thus I have to find some other source of income so I can actually live during my PhD (you know, assuming somewhere takes me).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ugh. Being rejected for jobs I could do in my sleep sucks. Also, going to the gym tonight was a complete fail. Its amazing how unfit one can get after a week of inactivity.

I don't know what's going on, but of late I really can't spell or form coherent thoughts.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    I don't know what's going on, but of late I really can't spell or form coherent thoughts.
    Spell check for that post? :P

nah, just back from the gym so probably the most awake and alert I've been all day.

I hurt from judo. That's what this thread will be for me from now on, a place to go ouch, that hurt!

Stoopid TV tax. Let the bears pay the bear tax.

Job interview tomorrow morning = no partying tonight. (Not that I can afford it anyway...)

Funny story about that actually. Get a phone call, telling me what's going on and where. Conversation winding up, and we join the action...
    Phone Call wrote:
    (Me):: "And, sorry, what time's it at?"
    (Him):: "Let me just check... [pause] It's at 11."
    (Me):: "AM or PM?"
    (Me):: *facepalm*
    (Him):: "[confused]Ehhhh...[/confused][assertive] That'd be AM...[/assertive]"

obl wrote: »
    Job interview tomorrow morning = no partying tonight. (Not that I can afford it anyway...)

Funny story about that actually. Get a phone call, telling me what's going on and where. Conversation winding up, and we join the action...

"We'll call you on Monday and let you know either way."

Bollox.

I grow weary of Saturday morning lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The guy I'm working with won't stop watching youtube videos of disasters and terror attacks. Its totally freaking me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I grow weary of Saturday morning lectures.

Why do you have them?

Because Cambridge is a thoroughly irritating university. Though seemingly this particular "tradition" is confined to the Maths department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the roads are really icey tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

politically correct people are really getting on my nerves,you cant have a discussion about immigration without them autimatically calling you a racist because they dont have the mental capacity to argue the points.and believe me im not a racist.i just think the immigration laws in this country for the last number of years have been scandalous

pinder wrote: »
    politically correct people are really getting on my nerves,you cant have a discussion about immigration without them autimatically calling you a racist because they dont have the mental capacity to argue the points.and believe me im not a racist.i just think the immigration laws in this country for the last number of years have been scandalous

That and the fact they're stealing our Jam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

true : )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Took 70 minutes to travel 10 miles this morning on the bus. Dublin is ridiculous.

Took 70 minutes to travel 10 miles this morning on the bus. Dublin is ridiculous.

To be honest that's not too bad for a bus! I was on a bus before for 90 minutes to go 5 miles. Beyond my control really.

It's why I cycle tbh (plus it's great!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Badminton was poor.

Building a stupid bridge for engineering.

I left for college at 8 this morning.
    I am only getting home now.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Myth wrote: »
    To be honest that's not too bad for a bus! I was on a bus before for 90 minutes to go 5 miles. Beyond my control really.

It's why I cycle tbh (plus it's great!).
    That's pretty bad now...
    And yeah I keep planning on cycling in, but then stuff happens which prevents it... sleeping, laziness, cold, having a violin.. the excuses are plentiful. Not wasting 2 hours of my life sitting on a bus per day is good motivation though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poohpooh

's'craic with
    the Engineers
    stinking up LG12
    nowadays?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement