Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Baza210 wrote: »
    That kind of latex is black. You're thinking of spandex.

I know - I do have cycling gear you know! But after looking quickly on google images I got scared and decided to go for Flanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Got up at 8... cycled (for the first time in weeks) for over an hour into town, went to a conference that lasted over 7 hours in a stuffy underground room... And then had my bike stolen.

And now to spend the next 4 hours doing a linear algebra assignment...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Got up at 8... cycled (for the first time in weeks) for over an hour into town, went to a conference that lasted over 7 hours in a stuffy underground room... And then had my bike stolen.

And now to spend the next 4 hours doing a linear algebra assignment...
    Better have been a good conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Better have been a good conference.
    Wasn't bad. We concluded there's some kind of economic crisis going on. Might just be a myth though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magennij

I just joined this boards.ie, and I've noticed about 75% of the Irish people I know are users. Having read about 30 replies on this board, I am now thoroughly certain that the majority of users here, and subsequently the majority of TCD student, and to a greater extent still the majority of Irish people, are incredibly stupid, undereducated, over rewarded, egotistical, superficial **** (and bitches for the women, who are really the worst women in the whole world, like seriously Irish men, sort your women out). Thank you all for being ridiculous, druken b******s who generally make my existence agonising and daily drive me closer to developing a manical plan to nuke this island and everyone on it off the face of earth, and out of history, except a select few. I hate you all, but I especially hate the ones who think they're in any way elite because their fathers run horse betting organisations that rob the plebeians so their children can wear labelled tracksuits. Again, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

magennij wrote: »
    I just joined this boards.ie, and I've noticed about 75% of the Irish people I know are users. Having read about 30 replies on this board, I am now thoroughly certain that the majority of users here, and subsequently the majority of TCD student, and to a greater extent still the majority of Irish people, are incredibly stupid, undereducated, over rewarded, egotistical, superficial **** (and bitches for the women, who are really the worst women in the whole world, like seriously Irish men, sort your women out). Thank you all for being ridiculous, druken b******s who generally make my existence agonising and daily drive me closer to developing a manical plan to nuke this island and everyone on it off the face of earth, and out of history, except a select few. I hate you all, but I especially hate the ones who think they're in any way elite because their fathers run horse betting organisations that rob the plebeians so their children can wear labelled tracksuits. Again, thank you.
    Any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

BAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

TheAmateur wrote: »
    BAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

Well, today I had an Epiphany. Since the ex broke of our engagement, in what seems like an age ago. I've just been moping through life. Well today I had an Epiphany, from now on I will strive to do the best in my life. If there is something I'm not happy with, then I will change it. Starting with my ten point plan.

Step One:
    Create an iTunes playlist. To ensure change happens I must be aggressive towards change. This playlist must reflect that. It must make me want to put in action these changes.

Step Two:
    Moping around over a lost relationship has f***** things well and truly up. It’s time to forgive and forget. Forgiveness will set me free and thus it is paramount to build up a friendship with the ex.

Step Three:
    A new tattoo will mark the start of a new life. I must design a new tattoo and get it inked. It will serve as a reminder that I am a new born man.

Step Four:
    Write and follow a strict fitness diary. My fitness may pass the test but it can and thus should be better. Early morning runs are a good idea, also weights training will build up good muscle.

Step Five:
    Get massive. I always say I’m sick of being thin so I will put weight on. I will look for a high protein diet and follow it. Also supplements and weight training will turn it into muscle.

Step Six:
    Confidence. I always complain to myself that “I’m not liked”. Well it’s time t stop whinging and take charge. I need confidence in myself. To try and gain some will be hard. But first, I will finish my stand up routine and find an open mic session. I need to approach people and talk to them. Waiting for others to come to me isn’t going to help.

Step Seven:
    Learn the guitar, it can be something to express myself through. And what is the point of looking at others and thinking “That’s cool, wish I could do that” get out there and f****** do it.

Step Eight:
    Finish my stories. I start these stories and they drift into nothing. I should finish them.

Step Nine:
    Re-haul the wardrobe. Buy new threads and be confident in what I’m wearing.

Step 10:
    Alcohol, what’s the point of getting hammered. No longer will I drink more than 10 units in one 24 hour period. Not only will it save money, but I won’t make an a** of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Quoted for truth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Well, today I had an Epiphany. Since the ex broke of our engagement, in what seems like an age ago. I've just been moping through life. Well today I had an Epiphany, from now on I will strive to do the best in my life. If there is something I'm not happy with, then I will change it. Starting with my ten point plan.
    Sorry to hear about that man, and good luck with the plan. I especially like steps three, seven, eight and ten. Check out Rory Gallagher if you're interested in guitar. He's the reason I started playing. Hopefully step 10 will stop step 3 going horribly wrong too:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Step One:
    Create an iTunes playlist. To ensure change happens I must be aggressive towards change. This playlist must reflect that. It must make me want to put in action these changes.

Step Two:
    Moping around over a lost relationship has f***** things well and truly up. It’s time to forgive and forget. Forgiveness will set me free and thus it is paramount to build up a friendship with the ex.

Step Three:
    A new tattoo will mark the start of a new life. I must design a new tattoo and get it inked. It will serve as a reminder that I am a new born man.

Step Four:
    Write and follow a strict fitness diary. My fitness may pass the test but it can and thus should be better. Early morning runs are a good idea, also weights training will build up good muscle.

Step Five:
    Get massive. I always say I’m sick of being thin so I will put weight on. I will look for a high protein diet and follow it. Also supplements and weight training will turn it into muscle.

Step Six:
    Confidence. I always complain to myself that “I’m not liked”. Well it’s time t stop whinging and take charge. I need confidence in myself. To try and gain some will be hard. But first, I will finish my stand up routine and find an open mic session. I need to approach people and talk to them. Waiting for others to come to me isn’t going to help.

Step Seven:
    Learn the guitar, it can be something to express myself through. And what is the point of looking at others and thinking “That’s cool, wish I could do that” get out there and f****** do it.

Step Eight:
    Finish my stories. I start these stories and they drift into nothing. I should finish them.

Step Nine:
    Re-haul the wardrobe. Buy new threads and be confident in what I’m wearing.

Step 10:
    Alcohol, what’s the point of getting hammered. No longer will I drink more than 10 units in one 24 hour period. Not only will it save money, but I won’t make an a** of myself.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Eerily enough, Baza, I also did the iTunes playlist thing. It has kinda failed me today, though, as I have been most unproductive again. Oh well, back on the horse. My ten-step plan has many, many similarities with yours. Perhaps I'll see you in the gym? I'll be the one with arms like knots on barbed wire. You already know what I look like, apparently; feel free to say hi. I won't be perturbed in any way.

Also: lolocaust at magennij. What a fantastic entrance. Your rant is reminiscent of c.2005 Pet's, and evokes some serious nostalgia. Welcome to boards.ie. One question: for someone who claims to hate Trinners and Irish people, you have more friends on the "Ireland" Facebook network than I do. What gives?

Err, I didn't write that.

Seriously? amazing :D

I would not capitalise 'epiphany' for no apparent reason other than it being a relatively sophisticated word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I would not capitalise 'epiphany' for no apparent reason other than it being a relatively sophisticated word.

Where is is capitalised? Oh - and nice job not deleting/editing it, seeing as how you "didn't" write it. :D

Why would I delete it ? I posted it, but I didn't write it. For your capitalised letter problem, see the 6th word.

For your capitalised letter problem, see the 6th word.
    2uizomd.jpg

lol@IE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

2uizomd.jpg
    Internet explorer

*sniggers*

• Advertisement

lol@IE
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    Internet explorer

*sniggers*

I've never had any problems with it. The only other browsers I use are Firefox and Iceweasal. Laughing at IE just makes you guys look like assholes IMO.

I'd agree if it was in response to anyone but you Peslo :P

Laughing at IE just makes you guys look like assholes IMO.

Pelso, I wouldn't do it to any one else but you.

It was purely to annoy you.

I like you

This person-specific nuking is a very promising concept.

This person-specific nuking is a very promising concept.
    You mean bullying? Wow, you'll be popular.

And who is Peslo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

2uizomd.jpg

arent computer scientists meant to count from 0??? :P

You mean bullying? Wow, you'll be popular.

And who is Peslo?

I.. just.. wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Peslo wrote:
    And who is Peslo?

My name is Guy Incognito!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shay_562 wrote: »
    My name is Guy Incognito!

No, I'm Guy Incognito! And so is my wife!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement