Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

"Who is John Galt?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Baza210 wrote: »
    Err, I didn't write that.

Ugh. I hate when I get taken in by those ironic, making-reference-to-popular-culture-with-which-I'm-unfamiliar shill posts. Makes me feel old and uncool and far too earnest for my age.

God damned freshers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well, today I had an Epiphany. Since the ex broke of our engagement, in what seems like an age ago. I've just been moping through life. Well today I had an Epiphany, from now on I will strive to do the best in my life. If there is something I'm not happy with, then I will change it. Starting with my ten point plan.

So what you're saying is that the disembodied head girl is available?

Pet wrote: »
    Ugh. I hate when I get taken in by those ironic, making-reference-to-popular-culture-with-which-I'm-unfamiliar shill posts. Makes me feel old and uncool and far too earnest for my age.

God damned freshers.

It's not popular culture. I just saved it from another forum because I found it amusing.

Boston - read before being funny.

Oh, I did read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston - read before being funny.

In fairness, I thought it was funny.

Any mention of my inventive LDR techniques is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

For a man of leisure, my life has become hopelessly busy. I'd kill for a good night out in Doyles.

Oh, and the reason folks thought that post was actually yours Baza was because it mentioned being too skinny and having bad dress sense. The likeness was undeniable.

I have just finished reading Atlas Shrugged, and I feel no more pretentious than I did before starting it. What a let down.

I have just finished reading Atlas Shrugged, and I feel no more pretentious than I did before starting it. What a let down.
    Thats unfortunate. For feeling pretentious, I recommend reading something that was originally written in a different language. Crime and Punishment did it for me. I saw Don Quixote on sale in Waterstones today, so I think I'll top up on the aul' pretension levels and pick up a copy. Even if only to have on my coffee table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, i've learnt something. Books written in other languages only get translated for two reasons:

1)AMAZINGNESS. Don Quixote et al.
    2)****EDUPEDNESS. Blindness by Jose Saramango an example. Hideous rape scene in the middle - translated very well however.

I've read Crime and Punishment, I think. And War and Peace, when I was something like 15.. just to be able to say I've read it, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

When I was awake at 6 in the morning reading this I had a rant that I wanted to post. However I was on my phone and mobile posting is a bitch.

Do you think I can remember it now? :rolleyes:

If anyone knows a way to subdue a very over active subconscious could they tell me? It keeps telling me things that I'd rather not know/have being trying to ignore or forget. Stupid sleep.

Oh and I have to meet my dissertation supervisor in 10 minutes and I am soo not ready. *gulp* Actually maybe *cry*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

For a man of leisure, my life has become hopelessly busy. I'd kill for a good night out in Doyles.
    Our beloved Countess of Dundalk shall be visiting the capital of Ireland on Friday. (Swooooon.) I'll try convince her of a night in Doyle's.

Rant: I can't access mytmail :(

No one can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Guess I can't work so...

Is that SFIV I hear calling?

I've read Crime and Punishment, I think. And War and Peace, when I was something like 15.. just to be able to say I've read it, you know?
    That is a terrible reason to read a book. I would never of actually read C&P if an ex hadn't recommended it. The same ex who told me not to bother with Ayn Rand. Who I later discovered was a durrty homophobe.

Edit: Rand, not my ex.
    When I was awake at 6 in the morning reading this I had a rant that I wanted to post. However I was on my phone and mobile posting is a bitch.

Do you think I can remember it now? :rolleyes:

If anyone knows a way to subdue a very over active subconscious could they tell me? It keeps telling me things that I'd rather not know/have being trying to ignore or forget. Stupid sleep.
    I <3 my subconscious. Last night I dreamed I was in a really dingy supermarket that was on my street in NY, and Ken Holmes was working there. He tried to sell me a goldfish whose tail had been cut off and some wierd looking mushrooms. I blame playing Super Mario, feeding the goldfish before I went to bed and worrying about the health of one of them, and my general love of TV chefs for my dream.
    Our beloved Countess of Dundalk shall be visiting the capital of Ireland on Friday. (Swooooon.) I'll try convince her of a night in Doyle's.
    I'll be in Limerick trying (once again) to salvage whats left of my family. The feud hasn't been going so well as of late.
    Rant: I can't access mytmail :(
    Boston wrote: »
    No one can.
    ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Guess I can't work so...
    Is working now.
    ApeX wrote:
    Playing by yourself is naff. Especially when you have such cool layabouts as friends.

I <3 my subconscious. Last night I dreamed I was in a really dingy supermarket that was on my street in NY, and Ken Holmes was working there. He tried to sell me a goldfish whose tail had been cut off and some wierd looking mushrooms. I blame playing Super Mario, feeding the goldfish before I went to bed and worrying about the health of one of them, and my general love of TV chefs for my dream.

My subconscious had me sufficate to death with a panic attack in a very narrow stair well on Sunday night. The people who were with me didn't believe me and thought I was lying/exagerrating/being me Last night was worse and I lived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john west

Pet wrote: »
    Yes, this is a blatant copy of a similar thread in the UCD forum. But everything they can do, we can do better. :p

Post here when you've had a ****ty day, or when you just want to let off some steam about a particularly irksome facet of Trinity life.
    helpp

That is a terrible reason to read a book.
    That's kind of what I meant. In a self-[well-me-as-a-15-year-old]-deprecating way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Guess I can't work so...

That game is real hard but great!

I got about bout 3 hours of bad sleep as I stayed over in my friends playing poker and lost, bought back in and lost again while being made fun of by UCD engineers because I do business. When I went to bed in my friends house he started snoring so I had to listen to my ipod to drown out the sound. Feeling a little bit tired now :(

T being made fun of by UCD engineers because I do business.

This is as it should be. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

This is as it should be. Carry on.

Was thinking I would get that response! At least I whipped them at super smash bros after it! :D

john west wrote: »
    helpp

Click this button at the top of the thread page (not here!): reply.gif

Alternatively to start a new thread click this at the top of the forum page (still not here!): newthread.gif

It took me an hour to get into UCD, only to find the Librarian's Office closed for a meeting. This throws off my entire day. Plus, there is no decent food in this place and it's infested with arts students. Now I'm going to have to spend an obscene amount of money on a decent lunch to make me feel better. Hrmph.

I just had my 3rd round of physio and I'm going to need more.

So no dancing, running, walking fast, going to the gym, running up stairs, swimming, aqua aerobics, other aerobics...no lots of fun things for ages.

Stupid back.

And stupid Shay's house.

It took me an hour to get into UCD, only to find the Librarian's Office closed for a meeting. This throws off my entire day. Plus, there is no decent food in this place and it's infested with arts students. Now I'm going to have to spend an obscene amount of money on a decent lunch to make me feel better. Hrmph.

That sucks

I just had my 3rd round of physio and I'm going to need more.

So no dancing, running, walking fast, going to the gym, running up stairs, swimming, aqua aerobics, other aerobics...no lots of fun things for ages.

Stupid back.

And stupid Shay's house.

No sex either.

Boston wrote: »

No sex either.

Not that I would ever have left that covered by "no lots of fun things".

That's twice I've spotted people in computer rooms browsing boards but not being members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Maybe they are members, but like to keep it a secret from Baza's prying eyes. (Also how can you tell if they're a member unless you're really looking at the screen?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement