Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

No Thank button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Could just be trying to find out the election results.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Just got my eagerly awaited last paycheque from work yesterday. Also, yesterday afternoon was in a minor accident on my bike and now i have to pay for a car door to get fixed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    No Thank button.

They could just not be logged in.

They could just not be logged in.
    Odds are they'd log in if they were browsing. If they were just checking something quickly, fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hm, I would have thought the "Welcome, Username" thing in the corner would be more visible than a thank button... I can't stand browsing while not logged in, and thankfully Opera removes any need for me to either remember or type my password, so it doesn't occur too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Maybe by reading comments on boards, it could inspire them to join.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

That's twice I've spotted people in computer rooms browsing boards but not being members.

Yay! Shoulder surfing!

Get any bank details?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Peleus wrote: »
    Just got my eagerly awaited last paycheque from work yesterday. Also, yesterday afternoon was in a minor accident on my bike and now i have to pay for a car door to get fixed. :(
    How come you are quitting?

Hm, I would have thought the "Welcome, Username" thing in the corner would be more visible than a thank button... I can't stand browsing while not logged in, and thankfully Opera removes any need for me to either remember or type my password, so it doesn't occur too often.

I would use that to detect a username if signed in, but seeing as they were halfway down a page then the only thing I could deduce was that they weren't signed in.

• Advertisement

I would use that to detect a username if signed in, but seeing as they were halfway down a page then the only thing I could deduce was that they weren't signed in.
    I see you have experience in this field. ;p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Dublin Bus have made a balls of their site. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

jmccrohan wrote: »

lol @ "How to use the bus" section...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Gah! There was nothing too wrong with the older one. The new one looks horrible, and I keep getting script errors.

Speaking of errors, is anyone else having problems with google? I can't get into myzone, gmail or even my google account from home... Page just doesn't load. Damn annoying, I'm trying to do some work and this is rather a hindrance.

No problems with google services here..

DSL is down.

Have to use the neighbours wifi. :mad:

Boards is also terribly slow tonight.

56%!?!!? That is fucking disgraceful. I put at least half a day's work into that essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

56%!?!!? That is fucking disgraceful. I put at least half a day's work into that essay.

which one was it? Structures or Environmental?

Transport. I put xkcd on the cover sheet for chissakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

How'd you find out??? Where'd you find out??? When'd you find out???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Transport. I put xkcd on the cover sheet for chissakes!

lol. Now civil engineers will look down on you.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    How'd you find out??? Where'd you find out??? When'd you find out???
    In your mail box.

Aargh. Can't get trinityfm to work at home. Can't tune in the old-fashioned way either, their signal doesn't seem to be strong enough (i'm roughly 5km away)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Aargh. Can't get trinityfm to work at home.

Was working fine for me yesterday. Try loading http://live.heanet.ie/tcdfm.asx in something other than windows media player. VLC for example should be perfect. If that doesn't work, save the .asx file locally and run it from your desktop.
    As long as your proxy settings in your media player are correct you should be grand.
    TheAmateur wrote:
    Can't tune in the old-fashioned way either, their signal doesn't seem to be strong enough (i'm roughly 5km away)
    You'd be lucky to pick it up on pearse street, let alone 5km away, though on a good weather day, I've actually picked it up as far out as dun laoghaire. I think the dart line must've helped conduct it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scruttocks

Anyone else having trouble attaching with myzone of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

scruttocks wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble attaching with myzone of late?

Nope. Working fine at my end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

It's hailstoning and I swear I just heard thunder! And I was planning to go out tonight... F*ck!

Ill, miserably ill! Exam tomorrow. Why did I not study yesterday when I was marginally less ill. >.<

Ill, miserably ill! Exam tomorrow. Why did I not study yesterday when I was marginally less ill. >.<
    +1, except mine's not til tuesday... so I suppose I don't have it as bad... What exam have you got? 1E2 calculus for us 1st year engineers... you'd probably prefer to have ours actually, you being in TP an all, integrating with your eyes closed...:pac:

• Advertisement

+1, except mine's not til tuesday... so I suppose I don't have it as bad... What exam have you got? 1E2 calculus for us 1st year engineers... you'd probably prefer to have ours actually, you being in TP an all, integrating with your eyes closed...:pac:
    121 - Analysis... so calculus too. ;p The headache pills seem to be kicking in, though, I may survive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement