Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

I'm going to be calm abou this:

The library should get some plug sockets that F*****G work.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Went to Pav due to sun. Drank. Went home. Fell asleep on train. Woke up 2 stops too late. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

obl wrote: »
    Went to Pav due to sun. Drank. Went home. Fell asleep on train. Woke up 2 stops too late. :(
    Is your stop not the last stop? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Worst day ever.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Is your stop not the last stop? :confused:

Yip. It had turned around and was leaving Sutton when I woke up... So much for the CS party tonight...

Personally, I'm gonna blame staying up too late at night...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ugh, I'm after staying up til 7am trying to figure out what I thought was a mistake in a paper I was reading before realising I'm actually just an idiot and a 2 minute calculation showed the paper was correct. Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm after staying up til 7am trying to figure out what I thought was a mistake in a paper I was reading before realising I'm actually just an idiot and a 2 minute calculation showed the paper was correct. Ugh

Never try to understand a paper while tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I asked 5 people to play badminton yesterday, and all of them excused themselves or didn't respond.

Consequently, I went to bed at 8pm.

I woke after 11 hours of sleep still wanting to go back to bed. I just suck at mornings.

Despite exemptions, I still have 6 assignments to do. 6.

And I have to pass them, not "complete" as I first thought. So much for 6 variations on "Can haz markz, plox?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Despite exemptions, I still have 6 assignments to do. 6.

And I have to pass them, not "complete" as I first thought. So much for 6 variations on "Can haz markz, plox?"

Reminds me of my computational labs in final term of second year. I stopped bothering to go assuming it made no difference, so got some hilariously poor mark in them which has been on my transcript ever since. Whoops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I missed all the fun tonight. :(

Damn it eBay. No Stalky 1st Ed for me.

Yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Zero study motivation.

Actually zero motivation to even go into college this days....

And with another day, another purchase is added to my credit card.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I study Geology and live in Botany Bay, so I hardly ever go further than the Museum Building - that is where my department is, and all the relevant books are in the Lecky. However, college lists do not differentiate between the various Science students, and as a result I had to trudge down to the Hamilton in the rain just so I could vote in the feckin referendum. The bottom 7cm of my jeans are soaking wet :mad: Why can't we choose at the start of the year where we want to vote? The Arts Block would be so much handier for me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Also, town is full of taxis honking their horns in protest about something. Do they really think making noise is going to make me sympathetic to whatever they're moaning about this time? NOBODY CARES, STFU!!

>live in botany bay

Stopped reading. You have nothing to complain about whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Baza210 wrote: »
    >live in botany bay

Stopped reading. You have nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Actually sometimes the showers in botany bay are completely freezing. Not very fun at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Fishie wrote: »
    I study Geology and live in Botany Bay, so I hardly ever go further than the Museum Building - that is where my department is, and all the relevant books are in the Lecky. However, college lists do not differentiate between the various Science students, and as a result I had to trudge down to the Hamilton in the rain just so I could vote in the feckin referendum. The bottom 7cm of my jeans are soaking wet :mad: Why can't we choose at the start of the year where we want to vote? The Arts Block would be so much handier for me

i had to cycle into town in the rain and now the back of my pants is soaking wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I had to get a bus outta town - in the lashings of rain - all the dirt/water/beer cans kept swooshing up and back when the bus moved and it hit the back of my shoe and my sock got soaked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

My shoes are physically falling apart...the sole is coming away from them.....so my socks were soaking by the time i got from the arts block to front gate on the way home tonight....

I also spent 2 hours trying to teach my self feminist literary theory today and got nowhere....I hate exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I had to get a bus outta town

Carol Brown?

Does she drive to Crumlin?

Edit - blow me down, is that some Kaylee? Shiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fishie wrote: »

I just read about this fantastic new device called an umbrella, it might interest you....

Peleus wrote: »
    i had to cycle into town in the rain and now the back of my pants is soaking wet.
    Fishie wrote:
    The bottom 7cm of my jeans are soaking wet :mad:

Overshoes: 1, 2, & 3.

Shorts.jpg

Shorts. Now coming in a "Man the fuck up" edition.

I just read about this fantastic new device called an umbrella, it might interest you....

NO. No more of these. In fact, far far fewer of them. They are ****ing lethal, yet their bearers still wave them around without a care for who might be in their vicinity.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Shorts.jpg

Shorts. Now coming in a "Man the fuck up" edition.
    Keep up with the fashion man.

I've worn shorts for about 95% of the college days so far this year.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Keep up with the fashion man.

I've worn sorts for about 95% of the college days so far this year.

Are you nuts?

• Advertisement

Are you nuts?

They are terribly comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement