Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

devinejay wrote: »
    Grey's Anatomy works, and it's not half bad either! The girlfriend thinks I'm a little gay though which is worrying.:p

Out of interest, does the network simulators ever work? Law of averages and all that, it has to work eventually!

The higher up the OSI stack you get the easier it is to simulate. IMHO.
    You had me at engineer.

(it's a modern culture reference)

A Tom Cruise movie no less. Shocking. (I used my nerdy abilities to find that out)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Boston wrote: »

facepalm.jpeg

I should have seen that coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Any one who doesnt like anything ending in next top model is clearly gay. Or they're watching it with the sound on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

You had me at engineer.

(it's a modern culture reference)

A Tom Cruise movie no less. Shocking. (I used my nerdy abilities to find that out)
    :)

Get a room.

You two are becoming the new Andrew and Christine (and thats a really old reference I know).

I'm Christine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I'm Christine.

I really didn't want information about positions.

LinuxSexPositions_gay_2.gif

You know you love it.

No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm Christine.
    I always had you pegged as a powerbottom.

One more post on this subject and so help me I'll hunt you all down and kill you with your own shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I think it's awfully presumptuous to assume anything about Christine and Andrew's preferred sexual positions. I can totally see Stargal as the strap-on type. Tricity on the other hand, I really can't, which is odd...

(So TB, should I prepare for the shoe-attack now, or can it wait til after finals? :p)

Edit: Oh, and moan. Fell asleep for about an hour a little after midnight, now am awake and can't sleep again. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

UCC internet, haha.

474009690.png

Baza210 wrote: »
    474009690.png

How can they be expected to download multiple GBs of illegal content on a regular basis to the point where they'll never be able to get through it all? It's an injustice!

Indeed! Rapidshare premium would be pointless.

Or using someone else's premium account for that matter.

Jurassic Park is on RTE now, can't deal with that movie.

Jeff Goldblum plays a "cool" mathematician.

Reasons why the above sentence makes no sense:
    1. Jeff Goldblum does not act, Jeff Goldblum can only be himself, a jewish man who talks too much.

2. Jeff Goldblum cannot be cool, he's a jewish man who talks too much.

3. Mathematicians cannot be cool, it doesn't work. When they convinced Russel Crow to take a break from "fighting around the world" and film A Beautiful Mind, John Nash's story was not cool enough for Russel Crow, so they had to fabricate loads of crazy sh!t to fill it out, including full audio-visual hallucinations. Even with freakin dinosaurs as the basis for the entire movie, the idea of a "cool" mathematician stands out to me as a major plot hole.

On the other hand, I can totally see Jeff Goldblum as a mathematician, as a matter of fact I sincerely wish he was one, cause then I wouldn't have had to witness a jewish man who talks too much hacking into an alien warship armed only with an iBook and buzzwords like "algorithm" and "computer virus".

\Jeff Goldblum rant

Up next, Patrick Swayze.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Jeff Goldblum cannot be cool

Lies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

rjt wrote: »
    Lies.
    Na, mathematicians aren't cool. :P

Apart from Cherkis.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Jonathan wrote: »
    Na, mathematicians aren't cool. :P

Apart from Cherkis.

Ha, I wasn't contesting that. But Jeff Goldblum definitely is.

rjt wrote: »
    Ha, I wasn't contesting that. But Jeff Goldblum definitely is.

Proof?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

3. Mathematicians cannot be cool, it doesn't work.

:(

I suppose I best clear things up, I meant cool in the movie sense, like leather jacket and sunglasses cool.

I still think pi is cool, and it's history is really interesting, which is why I can't wear a leather jacket and sunglasses, unless I want to be the kind of guy who goes to -con type things, like matrix-con or blade-con.....*shudder*

Engineers, fuck yeah! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ugh, my mystery illness makes a return, just in time for exams. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I suppose I best clear things up, I meant cool in the movie sense, like leather jacket and sunglasses cool.

I still think pi is cool, and it's history is really interesting, which is why I can't wear a leather jacket and sunglasses, unless I want to be the kind of guy who goes to -con type things, like matrix-con or blade-con.....*shudder*
    You clearly haven't seen 21!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You clearly haven't seen 21!

Whats the count?

Proof?

jurassic-park-6-jeff-goldblum-dr-ian-malcolm.jpg

Exactly TB, I was sitting there avoiding study when that monstrosity of a haircut and smile-sunglasses combination roused me into rant mode.

Can you honestly say if you saw him, like that, in some random bar you would not think "What a gimp"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Can you honestly say if you saw him, like that, in some random bar you would not think "What a gimp"

More importantly, his maths was dodgy as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Exams. :'(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement