Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nothing to do with jmcc.
    Aww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jonathan wrote: »
    Aww :(

Just came up with a classic. Check the request thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I'm a trendsetter. :cool:

Evidently
    Actually I didn't pay for it. Dónal won it at a beers raffle before Christmas, but he was already a subscriber so he let me have it. :D

Ah i did speak too soon. Though the world would have been totally out of sync so I suppose its better this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Real keyboards are the shiznit. e71 ftw.
    The E71 seems nice until you turn it on, and you then realise it has a tiny, low res screen, and it's running S60V3 which is two generations out of date by now. And two generations of 1. shit (s60v5) and 2. probably shit (Symbian^2 Foundation or whatever it's called).

Android seems to be the best OS, and the iPhone probably the best hardware. The Omnia HD and Samsung's coming Android phones would be appealing, if it weren't for the fact that they are Samsungs.

Baza210 wrote: »
    The E71 seems nice until you turn it on, and you then realise it has a tiny, low res screen
    320x200 isn't bad for a phone
    and it's running S60V3 which is two generations out of date by now.
    but s60v3 has been around long enough now to have built up a nice selection of apps.
    Android seems to be the best OS, and the iPhone probably the best hardware. The Omnia HD and Samsung's coming Android phones would be appealing, if it weren't for the fact that they are Samsungs.
    Agreed, I don't like samsung phones at all...
    And android seems like a great idea, but the g1 is a piece of ****.
    And the iphone hardware is not better than anything else. In fact all it has over my e71 that I'd actually find useful is the accelerometer.

• Advertisement

320x200 isn't bad for a phone
    No good for browsing the net.
    And the iphone hardware is not better than anything else. In fact all it has over my e71 that I'd actually find useful is the accelerometer.
    Larger screen, higher res, faster processor, GPU?

No good for browsing the net.

Larger screen, higher res, faster processor, GPU?
    I have (as do you) a fully functional netbook for all that malarkey.
    I don't need a computer in my pocket, just a phone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Just came up with a classic. Check the request thread.
    My subscription expired there on Friday.

<--- Hence no Mario :(

Don't have a CC, and paypal takes aaaaages for bank transfers to go through (kinda good in a way, it stops impulsive purchasing).

Whats the name btw?

Whats the name btw?
    <---

Ron DMC wrote: »
    <---
    That was swift.

I like it btw, better than a home appliance manufacturer anyways.. :P

All the new admins must be twiddling their thumbs waiting for name changes and other little jobs to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

<--- Hence no Mario :(
    My subscription ran out a while ago and I still have my Eli.

And I'm still gonna call Ronny Ronny.

My subscription ran out a while ago and I still have my Eli.
    Interesting.

I shall investigate this.

OMG.

Ron DMC...it's not going to translate quite as well into real life. And it may lead people to believe that you are even more special than is already that case.:rolleyes:

Ron DMC...it's not going to translate quite as well into real life. And it may lead people to believe that you are even more special than is already that case.:rolleyes:
    Whaddaya mean 'special'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

LOL

Whaddaya mean 'special'?

The Hats.

Your paper wallet.

"But that's deadly" invariably it is something whimsical and quite useless.

Sitting the same exam 4 times!!! Four flippin' times, and still not passing.

Anytime you have a plan, money making scheme or other notion.

...But they are the things that all of us love you for.

Though that love is for Ronny Mitchell and may not extend to RON DMC. Whoever that twat is.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

A bit stressed out there hills?

Boston wrote: »
    A bit stressed out there hills?

Nope, but the fact that I was grinning as I wrote that is hard to translate onto the screen.

The Hats.

Your paper wallet.
    You forgot lego usbs.
    Sitting the same exam 43 times!!! FourThree flippin' times, and still not passing.
    FYP.

You forgot lego usbs.

They were useful and oddly stylish. I was going to include them but decided against it.

:P

• Advertisement

Fourty-three times? zomg.

You forgot lego usbs.
    Who copied who?

That's a 6x3, which you can't even get, heck they just superglued a few bricks together.

Mine is one single hollowed out 6x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

FYP.

Which exam was this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Lecturer kindly provides a sample paper and solutions. Student thinks he'll be clever and study the stuff that isn't on the sample paper being convinced the exam paper will be significantly different. Lecturer sets an almost identical paper as the exam paper and student waves goodbye to a decent mark that might have been.

I'm obviously just not clever enough :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ronivek wrote: »
    Lecturer kindly provides a sample paper and solutions. Student thinks he'll be clever and study the stuff that isn't on the sample paper being convinced the exam paper will be significantly different. Lecturer sets an almost identical paper as the exam paper and student waves goodbye to a decent mark that might have been.

I'm obviously just not clever enough :(

You'd be amazed how often they do that. Lecturers are as lazy as the next person and are generally in no mood to set two completely different papers.

Someone once told me that lecturers write 3/4 exams and try to get 5 years+ out of them... In the Phonetics department, that's more like 1 paper and 7 years...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There was one lecturer in the maths department who got about 20 years out of one paper. Then changed it completely the year after I did the exam. Got lucky there.

• Advertisement

Simms or something, isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement