Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Some departments also use OpenOffice too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

crash_000 wrote:
    Some departments also use OpenOffice too :P
    well we do, but MS office isn't that bad so i didn't think it was that much of a requirement to point out... where as IE...well...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

internet explorer has teh ghey.....

Someone else mentioned it before, you can install Firefox to your TCD userspace if you so wish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i thought downloading programs onto college computers was prohibited without permission.

• Advertisement

Right now I couldn't care less.

i know Firefox is in the csc offices, getting it to work is a completly diffrent cattel of fish

Hehe, we got caught for quake3 at one stage - til we copped if we just run it off usb keys theres no trace :D

heh, i got caught for that....

****ing wanker of a lecturer ****ing changed the ****ing exam format for today's ****ing exam. **** SAKE.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    ****ing wanker of a lecturer ****ing changed the ****ing exam format for today's ****ing exam. **** SAKE.
    shit one

nasty, i'd sue, tbh

myth's all emotional and stuff. isn't that unusual?

Today isn't a good day Kev.

Sorry Myth, I'm sure the exams will be better then you thought, if it was infact a dodgy paper, these things even themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

but sure how could you predict something like that to happen? the only thing you can do is your best, and the lecturers cant expect anymore.
    also if the paper got changed it might drag down everyone else's grade down too resulting in an easier marking scheme to compensate for the lower class average.

i think its standardised the number of firsts/ etc that they give for each subject in most departments in trinity.
    bear in mind also that external markers are employed by trinity to check out every single exam we do, and to ensure that the marking scheme is fair and also that the grades remain fairly standardised throughout each year of the subject.

Who corrects exams? Lectureres? Lecturers from other universitys? Heaven forbid, PG students?

lecturers, but a certain porportion of he papers get sent to an external examiner outside of college who checks the lecturers marking scheme and has the power to alter grades should he/she feel that the lecturer has made an error in the points they awarded, they did this in leaving cert aswell to ensure fairness of marking.

snorlax wrote:
    lecturers, but a certain porportion of he papers get sent to an external examiner outside of college who checks the lecturers marking scheme and has the power to alter grades should he/she feel that the lecturer has made an error in the points they awarded, they did this in leaving cert aswell to ensure fairness of marking.
    external examiners are only used for exams that count to your degree afaik....
    and they check all papers i believe...

i had an external examiner check my essay last year(first year) and was told by my lecturer i couldnt get the exact result of my essay and that the result on my paper was provisonal result as the papers had to be checked by an external examainer, same for a my literature review i did this year and my theories and intervnetions portfolio, and none count towards my finnal degree.
    id say they need some controls etc to protect against biasing in papers by lecturers

• Advertisement

i had chinnese for dinner today, very tasty

i had chinnese for dinner today, very tasty

I thought this was the moan thread...

Myth wrote:
    I thought this was the moan thread...
    how about you correct his transgression and do some extra moaning so.

Darth Bobo wrote:
    how about you correct his transgression and do some extra moaning so.

I thought I was moaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote:
    I thought I was moaning?
    No, you were ranting, big difference. Do some more. It'll make you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Rant, grrrrrr, rant, blah.

want the exams to be over.

meh.

i actually watched 'celebrity love island', indulging in a bit of study procrastination, but i could feel my iq drop with each minute i saw.

ick. grrrrr. blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

cuckoo wrote:
    i actually watched 'celebrity love island', indulging in a bit of study procrastination, but i could feel my iq drop with each minute i saw.

i accidentally caught the end of big brother tonight. i feel all dirty now.
    almost halfway through....
    so.tired.

also. sports hall = worst exam venue EVER. with the lights and the hotness and the hip-hop. actually there was no hip-hop. but if there was, i bet it would have been 50 cent. or d12. damn kids with their hip-hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I have a pain in my tummy

cuckoo wrote:

ew. you've lost cool points. jeez and to think i let you chat me up in the gingerman :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

crash_000 wrote:
    ew. you've lost cool points. jeez and to think i let you chat me up in the gingerman :/

Desperate times, desperate measures...please take into consideration the fact that i only have 4 channels. if i had sky news i'd be procrastinating in front of it now, while kidding myself that i'm 'showing an interest in world affairs'. instead i'm messing around on boards.ie - oh, dear.

Ugh, i have my first exam tommorrow and i just don't care any more. of course, 5 minutes into the paper i'll care lots, but right now i'm sulking around my flat, still unable to move my neck properly and wishing the prescription painkillers were of the morphine family so i'd least i'd be happy. drugged and deluded, but pain free and happy.

edited to add: crash, if i had been chatting you up you'd have known about it; the increasing feeling of fear, followed by the 'hey, why have i been seperated from my friends' realisation, followed by the 'hmmm, this is like those lions stalking the wilderbeasts on National Geographic' realisation, then the 'maybe i'm going to die' flash of insight - which is followed shortly afterwards by the 'hey, at least i'm gonna die happy' thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement