Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Show me an Intel clocking 8.4 GHz for €140.
    Meh.

GHz mean nothing these days, but to answer your question:

I cannot find an Intel with that spec for that price, but if you are going in pure GHz, you aren't really getting that much of a bargain.
    Phenom II X3 720 works out at about 60Mhz per dollar.
    Core 2 Duo Q8400 works out about 59.11Mhz per dollar.

Unless of course you are trying to access the 4th core of the Phenom. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm going for the lower-ish end of the market, so an increase in price for a CPU isn't desirable, higher Hz/$ or not :/

Edit : wait what. You linked me to a more expensive processor with lower Hz/$.

Then again, maybe it's a moral aversion to AMD that you have :P
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1296848/amd-inside-iran-missiles-supercomputers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ankermann don't sell the processor I want. Newegg don't ship internationally. My dad's going to the USA in November, and to be honest I have nowhere near the money right now so I might get him to pick up some bits for me over there. For example, the GPU in the US costs less in USD there than it does in Euro here, even before the exchange rate.

The Americans never price anything with Tax included, so you can factor in 20% tax or more onto whatever you're buying from them. It may work out cheeper, but no where near as cheep as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Boston wrote: »
    The Americans never price anything with Tax included, so you can factor in 20% tax or more onto whatever you're buying from them. It may work out cheeper, but no where near as cheep as it used to be.

I think vat was only about 8% the last time I was in America. Could depend on what state it is though

Yep, theres loads of different taxes. You'll pay state, county and city tax.

• Advertisement

Newegg's prices include tax unless you live in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Lost a job offer due to an interview date mixup :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Failed DLD. ****. Does anyone know what the repeats are like for DLD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Babbit

Mark200 wrote: »
    Failed DLD. ****. Does anyone know what the repeats are like for DLD?

I heard its impossible to pass that particular exam.

I, on the other hand, achieved a first in all of my results. Aren't I a clever bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Babbit wrote: »

I, on the other hand, achieved a first in all of my results. Aren't I a clever bastard.

Shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Must be hard not to get a first when you where hogging library desks for the whole year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

No.

Is your ban over already?? :(

edit: Seems it was downgraded to an infraction... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60833670&postcount=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Babbit

Wat are you on about lads?

69% in 1E7? Seriously?

69% in 1E7? Seriously?

Did you do any of the assignments?

Boston wrote: »
    Did you do any of the assignments?

Er, yeah, all of them.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

I have repeats - f*ck

could most likely have got a research summer job in college had i thought of asking :(:(

Didn't you just get two normal jobs instead?

Well ye.. Only took one tho cause it wasn't possible to take both.
    Still tho.. it's a shop job.. Me don't like shop jobs at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

mathew wrote: »
    could most likely have got a research summer job in college had i thought of asking :(:(

I took a research summer job, but they told me from the start they couldn't pay me. A fortnight in, some moolah down (naturally, it's summertime) and I'm starting to think putting up with abuse from middle-aged, middle-class women with nothing better to do than accuse me of lying to them about not having a book in stock might have been work the €8.76 or whatever an hour.

That CS internship program looks very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cerium

What are 'muppets'?

I'm a far cry from being Irish.. And even I know how undesirable a title it is.

On a sad note, 'tis piddling with rain again, someone ship me to sunnier coasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I've slept for 26 hours since the start of the weekend and my cold is going no where....*pox*

installed keyboard. didn't work. doublesided taped in. can't get out. using on-screen keyboard. such an idiot.

installed keyboard. didn't work. doublesided taped in. can't get out. using on-screen keyboard. such an idiot.
    oh... thats a bit crap................

No way of prying it out or anything? Sure all the cables are connected and stuff?
    oh... thats a bit crap................
    Make him feel worse why don't you.. :rolleyes:

I got it off, but damaged it in the process. My left shift key doesn't work, along with a bunch of other keys :( maybe when I get paid I'll buy another one. It's pretty banged up now. I bent it out of shape when I pried it off. I still have my previous keyboard, so I guess I'll put that back on. The reason it didn't work is because I got the ribbon locking logic messed up - you push it in to lock it, whereas I thought you pull it out - so when I had put in the keyboard ribbon it wasn't actually locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

How come my really fun job is so utterly exhuasting...*sigh* well rather *grumble*

• Advertisement

The following filters are applied to all incoming mail:
    Matches: from:(noticeboard@tcd.ie)
    Do this: Skip Inbox, Delete it

TAKE THAT YOU SPAMBOX-FILLERS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement