Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

MrPain wrote: »
    Yeah, I know what you mean. They ask you what you're going to be doing and then when you say medicine thay look at you as if i've done something arogant:confused:, when they're the ones who asked.

I'm so sick of people making faces when I tell them. It's not like I got 600 points or anything. Grargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

It's horribly frustrating. There's just the whole...I'm a pretentious, 600-pointer nerd who has no life or friends...perception. Which isn't the case. Well, not entirely anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

I really hate ISServices! They ****ed up all computers with their freaking security. They spent 40 hours in Arts block and Hamilton doing something with macs and nothing changes. Snow Leopard came out and they didn't install it. They don't install any updates. What a boomer. I really really hate ISS! They ****ed up all computers and all computer networks including internet on campus. Went to them at least 20 TIMES! to fix internet connectivity on my laptop. Immagine what will be this year. They need better security design!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

bythewoods wrote: »
    ...I'm a pretentious, 600-pointer nerd who has no life or friends...

QFT.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Jimdw wrote: »
    Snow Leopard came out and they didn't install it.
    Which Snow Leopard feature, in your opinion, makes it worth while reimaging about 70 iMacs running Leopard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeah, I know what you mean. They ask you what you're going to be doing and then when you say medicine thay look at you as if i've done something arogant:confused:, when they're the ones who asked.

No they look at you and think: "Shit! This chap is going to take me to the cleaners when I'm sick!" Hence the contempt. Personally (and in all sincerity) I say cudos to you! You worked hard enough in the LC but like the start of WWII, you still have another 5 or 6 years to look forward to!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I keep getting that when I tell people* that im in Trinity.

*UCD students I were once friends with.

But other people too.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

(Apart from friends.. God I hate admitting it to people :P)

Haha, I was always so embarrassed telling people I was doing medicine for the same reasons as everyone else.. It was always "So what are you studying?" "*incoherent mumbling*"..

.. And the incoherent mumbling carries on when telling people I'm doing TP now because I hate having to explain it to people.. automatically means they think I'm even more of a nerd than they previously thought! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

A Neurotic wrote:
    It's not like I got 600 points or anything.

It was only, loike, 590! :pac:

I feel minimal sympathy for you all, having spent 4 years telling people I do BESS and getting the narrowed eyes, the phrase "Oh. You're one of those people," and the slow backing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Haha.

Some of my UCC friends have been..distant towards me when discovering I'm off to TCD. Passive aggressiveness ftl :(

• Advertisement

Gloom wrote: »
    Haha.

Some of my UCC friends have been..distant towards me when discovering I'm off to TCD. Passive aggressiveness ftl :(

Got that from a few secondary school people too; not worth worrying about tbh. Most of them will get over it pretty soon. The ones who don't are just spas, and not worth your time. Really don't know why people have such a weird thing about going to Trinity still...

Oh, and since I forgot to say it last time, Boston's back! Yay! I'm not going to wave as embarrassingly as Fad, but I think a manly nod of acknowledgement is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

*strokes shotgun*

Ive got my eye on you two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

shay_562 wrote: »
    It was only, loike, 590! :pac:

Wasn't the first round 720 this year :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Gloom wrote:

They're jealous, and personally I wouldn't give ucc the steam of my... :D
    I know what will sheer you up: some pimms and a spot of cricket? And by pimms I mean bavaria, and by cricket I mean knacker drinking...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

shay_562 wrote: »
    Got that from a few secondary school people too; not worth worrying about tbh. Most of them will get over it pretty soon. The ones who don't are just spas, and not worth your time. Really don't know why people have such a weird thing about going to Trinity still...

Oh, and since I forgot to say it last time, Boston's back! Yay! I'm not going to wave as embarrassingly as Fad, but I think a manly nod of acknowledgement is in order.

I read that as Rod.

*strokes shotgun*

Rawr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

lol D4

*strokes shotgun*

Is 'shotgun' a euphemism for 'penis'? Pretty understandable if so; we're both pretty hawt, like...

Baza210 wrote: »
    lol D4
    Found a place to live?

Found a place to live?

Yeah.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yeah.
    Very unLOIKEly place for you to live Baza.

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    Very unLOIKEly place for you to live Baza.

You don't know the half of it.

Yeah.
    Yay! Now we're neighbours!

*strokes shotgun*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KarlMarx

It's horribly frustrating. There's just the whole...I'm a pretentious, 600-pointer nerd who has no life or friends...perception. Which isn't the case. Well, not entirely anyway :P

Try being a law student! Jealousy laced with vitriol is the automatic response to "I'm a law student at the moment..."

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Why did I put down Cunningham house on the Halls application form? :mad:
    Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Fedule

Ouch... I got landed there in my first year since... well, it's a long story but my application was very, very late. I chose not to argue, even after actually seeing the place.

That said, people specifically applying to Cunningham probably have a higher chance of acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Rant: Stupid arse end of nowhere (see location) has no internet and very little phone coverage.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Rant: Stupid arse end of nowhere (see location) has no internet and very little phone coverage.
    What about O2 or Voda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I seem to remember having perfectly acceptable O2 coverage out there about seven years ago.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    I seem to remember having perfectly acceptable O2 coverage out there about seven years ago.

Before all the foreigners came and stole it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Ron DMC wrote: »

Lol - Galway losing its shine? Imagine, living without the internet - most of the people here would cease to exist.

RANT

I have had a shower, gone for a walk, drank a disgusting electrolyte solution, had painkillers, drank water and eaten slices and slices of toast and yet my hangover is going no where!

I wouldn't even mind but I didn't even drink all the vodka - a bunch of erasmus students stole my litre out of my bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement