Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Rant:I'm at home in the middle of the country,it's half four,and STILL no sign of my supplemental results on the internet!:mad:like it's only the rest of my life we are talking about here!:confused: (bit dramatic here i know,but i'm annoyed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

So far this week, I have worked three days (sixty hours) for 0 euros, had to spend a weeks wages on the dentist, who then decided to pull the tooth out anyway (could of done that myself) and am peeved off not to be going back to college. Also there is a reasonable chance I failed ST251.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

dan719 wrote: »
    So far this week, I have worked three days (sixty hours) for 0 euros
    Why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Jonathan wrote: »
    Why so?

Well in betweeen cleaning seaweed out of jacks (Hi Jank) I actually have to catch fish to make money, this week we have caught sweet f a!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Last night in d2 was dire. I've rarely been so unhappy in a nightclub. If I hadn't got my ticket for the low low price of three quid, I'd be collecting heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

gaybitch wrote: »
    Last night in d2 was dire. I've rarely been so unhappy in a nightclub. If I hadn't got my ticket for the low low price of three quid, I'd be collecting heads.

What was so bad about it? I thought it was alright... except paying normal club/bar prices for drinks instead of the usual €2/€3 drinks offers that I'm used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

gaybitch wrote: »

Same deal in the Academy for the Traffic Light Ball...but I paid a tenner in...would have been a much better idea to stay in the Shaw getting free Buckfast all night. Seemed like most of the Academy crowd had never been in a club before, country bumpkins I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Far too much to catch up on. I think I'll just start from scratch with whatever new comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Walking around campus with an "I despise you" expression gets kind of tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Left stuff in a mates arts block locker on thursday, went back to pick it up and apparently they close a half hour earlier during freshers week and just barely missed it. Then I went in today, and it was closed.......:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Baza210 wrote: »
    Walking around campus with an "I despise you" expression gets kind of tiring.

Yea, I've been doing it for 6 years at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm meant to be getting my last dole payment on Monday, post office will probably hold it til Wednesday, but there's no way to get home in time on any day other than Thursday or Friday. Paid in arrears so I'm not getting paid while in college in case anyone is wondering. 200 quid down, exactly what I ****ing need.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm meant to be getting my last dole payment on Monday, post office will probably hold it til Wednesday, but there's no way to get home in time on any day other than Thursday or Friday. Paid in arrears so I'm not getting paid while in college in case anyone is wondering. 200 quid down, exactly what I ****ing need.:mad:

When I was on the scratcher the post office would hold the money for a week, so you could be alright.

When I was on the scratcher the post office would hold the money for a week, so you could be alright.

I asked before when I was away for a weekend and they said they hold it for two days after they get it.
    Not like I can phone up the SW office either unless I get 50 quid credit.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

amacachi wrote: »
    I asked before when I was away for a weekend and they said they hold it for two days after they get it.
    Not like I can phone up the SW office either unless I get 50 quid credit.:rolleyes:

Beg. Plead. See if there's any way to get someone else to pick it up. Get a sibling who looks similar to pick it up using an old passport of yours. €200 is worth a bit of grovelling over.

shay_562 wrote: »
    Beg. Plead. See if there's any way to get someone else to pick it up. Get a sibling who looks similar to pick it up using an old passport of yours. €200 is worth a bit of grovelling over.

Only got two sisters alas. More than likely will get it sorted but it leaves me broke all next week at least. ****ing pain in the arse.

Spent most of day half-asleep, doped up on various medicines. Now too wide awake to sleep. Bah. :mad:

syphilis you say?

Teh AIDS, actually. Damn freshers' week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Did you know that the computers in the Berkeley 24hr are 2.2 GHz quadcores? With 4 GB of RAM?

RUNNING VISTA 32BIT AT 1024 x 768 WITH INTEGRATED 64MB NVIDIA GRAPHICS FFFFFFUUUUUU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Who frickin decides the timetables? Just checkin classes for Thursday: 9am Goldsmith Hall. 10am ARTS Block. I mean come on? I'm not the bionic woman. How the feck you meant to get there on time?? And why Physics in Arts block anyhoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Larianne wrote: »
    And why Physics in Arts block anyhoo?

Bigger lecture theaters?
    Keeping you fit?
    Sponge people?

Sponge people? Made of sponge?

It's in one of the smaller rooms 4050. I dunno I just hope it's not the same dude who threw notes at the Radiation Therapy group yesterday! :eek:

Larianne wrote: »
    Sponge people? Made of sponge?

It is physics in fairness.

OOh it's actually the Chemistry dude who was late and just threw a few notes at them.

Unregistered seems to be banned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hrmm, where do I start? Much and all as I'm currently enjoying the course (or the lack of hours so far! :D), we have to be involved with the two most disorganised departments in the college!

We have a maths test in our physics lab tomorrow to "assess our level". Assess my level? What level?! I haven't done maths seriously in two years! (I have been doing it on a solely nerdy basis but at this point I almost certainly forget a lot of leaving cert maths..). So my level is going to make me feel ridiculously stupid.. >.< However, if they think my level sucks, and then I rapidly improve (I'll remember the stuff with a little practice tbh) then I can live with that. But still. Grr. *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Boston wrote: »
    Unregistered seems to be banned :(

WHAT? That's ****

Mark200 wrote: »
    WHAT? That's ****

Yeah after more than 700 posts is dawned on someone that he is infact a re-reg, he'll be back......

• Advertisement

Mark200 wrote: »
    WHAT? That's ****

I know man, totally sucks.
    Fad wrote: »
    Yeah after more than 700 posts is dawned on someone that he is infact a re-reg, he'll be back......

Jocks like peslo never stay strapped for long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement