Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Mark200 wrote: »
    WHAT? That's ****

Reregistered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm getting sick of adding these.

deleteit.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't stop ****ing sneezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

amacachi wrote: »
    Can't stop ****ing sneezing.

Cover your mouth please! ;)

Second mix up with Physiology lecture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Larianne wrote: »
    Cover your mouth please! ;)

Second mix up with Physiology lecture!
    You werent by any chance studying in the Hamilton library yesterday were you? And on a side note, How competitive is physiology in JS year? [/ot]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

In the Hamilton now.....if that helps...
    also not enough Pc's to use the internet.....

Jammyc wrote: »
    You werent by any chance studying in the Hamilton library yesterday were you? And on a side note, How competitive is physiology in JS year? [/ot]

Nope, was there Monday though. Why you ask?

Competitive? I dunno... I'm doing Physiotherapy. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Nope, was there Monday though. Why you ask?

Competitive? I dunno... I'm doing Physiotherapy. :)
    Seen someone using a hooman physiology book. Ahh righty. Sure feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

People breating loudlly through their nose.....possibly the most irritating sound in the world.....breathe through you mouth people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

What's top of the list of preferences changes year by year especially as they tweak the actual moderator ships but PHysiology is usually near the top. IF you get a 2:1 you should be grand though.

• Advertisement

lilmizzme wrote: »
    People breating loudlly through their nose.....possibly the most irritating sound in the world.....breathe through you mouth people!!

OOoorr.... people in the library chewing gum and making noise! Grrrrrr....

Oooorrr.... people invading your own space. On Monday, queuing for lockers and the guy behind was nearly on top of me. I mean, c'mon stop hitting my bag.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hrmm, where do I start? Much and all as I'm currently enjoying the course (or the lack of hours so far! :D), we have to be involved with the two most disorganised departments in the college!

We have a maths test in our physics lab tomorrow to "assess our level". Assess my level? What level?! I haven't done maths seriously in two years! (I have been doing it on a solely nerdy basis but at this point I almost certainly forget a lot of leaving cert maths..). So my level is going to make me feel ridiculously stupid.. >.< However, if they think my level sucks, and then I rapidly improve (I'll remember the stuff with a little practice tbh) then I can live with that. But still. Grr. *shakes fist*

I wouldn't worry about it. I did fairly **** in that test. It has no impact on anything ever and I have no earthly idea why they bother to do it.

To : <individual email addresses of every person in the class>

fff

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    fff
    Who sent that?

A course organizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Baza210 wrote: »
    fff
    Three separate large societies were guilty of that in the past week.

All three received disgruntled, just-patronising-enough emails from yours truly about How To Use The BCC Function and Why People Like You Are The Cause Of All The ****ing Spam I Get.

What society is responsible for the texts Im getting from 'Heat @ Tripod'??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I gave my number to Sci Fi and no one else, and I got a 'Heat @ Tripod' text, which makes me think it's probably them...

What societies did you join?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. I did fairly **** in that test. It has no impact on anything ever and I have no earthly idea why they bother to do it.

Haha, I think I did grand in the end. Funny thing is, it was actually easy maths, it's just that it's been a long time since I sat Junior Cert maths (well, about 5 years ago anyway), which it was probably at a similar level to! >.<
    shay_562 wrote: »
    I gave my number to Sci Fi and no one else, and I got a 'Heat @ Tripod' text, which makes me think it's probably them...

It was them?! I thought they were nice. Now, murderous rage.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I'm getting these as well. I gave my college email to no societies. Little things like this really piss me off. Can class reps be responsible for this?

Hard to tell.. It is easier than people think to get a list of big list of emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

It was them?! I thought they were nice. Now, murderous rage.. :pac:

To be fair, I have no proof - it's possible it's college ENTs (I gave them my number back in first year), but it'd be odd for them to let their numbers list be used to promote non-ENTs nights.

dogbag.jpg

Turns out my 3G modem wasn't working because I had taken the SIM out.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

We have a maths test in our physics lab tomorrow to "assess our level". Assess my level? What level?! I haven't done maths seriously in two years! (I have been doing it on a solely nerdy basis but at this point I almost certainly forget a lot of leaving cert maths..). So my level is going to make me feel ridiculously stupid.. >.< However, if they think my level sucks, and then I rapidly improve (I'll remember the stuff with a little practice tbh) then I can live with that. But still. Grr. *shakes fist*

I think that this test is intended to assess the mathematical competence of the incoming class as a whole. Certainly, on the neighbouring island, academics in fields with significant mathematical content regularly complain that, whilst the numbers of candidates getting high grades at A-level seem to increase in perpetuity, the true mathematical competence of incoming students has been deteriorating for decades. I understand that Physics are interested in assessing the genuine mathematical competence of incoming students, as opposed to relying on leaving certificate results that may to some extent measure the effectiveness of teachers in drilling their pupils for leaving certificate, and the effectiveness of the pupils in cramming for the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Feckin time theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

STILL not f*cking registered :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 for-why?

after 2 hours in ISS finally got the laptop on the college network....and now firefox wont work. only appreciating how utterly awful safari is, now i appear to be stuck with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

for-why? wrote: »
    after 2 hours in ISS finally got the laptop on the college network....and now firefox wont work. only appreciating how utterly awful safari is, now i appear to be stuck with it :(
    Go tools>options>advanced>network>settings and tell me if there's anything written in any of the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

First week over and have only talked to like 2 people in my class...very briefly...:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement