Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Boston wrote: »
    Visualhub advance settings>force quicktime decoding.

You need to re-encode the files. Almost any movie editor should do what you want.

Hell, I don't really care, s'not my PS3. My Eee plays MKVs fine when I OC it. Oh, and I never mentioned that the source MP4 has ASS (yes, probably ASS, though maybe SRT) softsubs, which is where the whole problem is. MP4 has poor softsub support, 'parently.

IN OTHER NEWS. Apparently my Eee's draft.n (or "draft" no more!) card doesn't support 5 GHz, only 2.4 GHz, which is probably why it isn't picking up the N router. I'm going to switch back (for a 3rd time now) to the wlan card I have from a Macbook Pro, Broadcom 4321 something, which apparently supports 5 GHz. I would switch the broadcast to 2.4 GHz but the current setup is causing the nasty filesharer downstairs some problems and I'd like things to stay that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza, the engineering tech talk thread is over there -->

First thing you do when you get home is check boards? NERD

Were they good? I was enjoying Teardrop in 2.1 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

A_Neurotic wrote:
    STILL NOT F*CKING REGISTERED F*CKINGSH*TCUNTBOLLOCKSDEREKMOONEYBASTARDS

Now, don't get me wrong, I hate Derek Mooney as much as anyone else (in fact, more so, I'd wager), but in the least sarcastic way possible: have you considered going to the exam hall at one of the set registration times? Seems like it might solve many, if not all, of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

gnl wrote: »
    Tourists with umbrellas walking slowly and getting in the way....:mad:.
    Just wait until you've had 5 years of it. It never gets less annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Also: oh jesus, hangover of death today. I'm still shaking, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

shay_562 wrote: »
    Now, don't get me wrong, I hate Derek Mooney as much as anyone else (in fact, more so, I'd wager), but in the least sarcastic way possible: have you considered going to the exam hall at one of the set registration times? Seems like it might solve many, if not all, of your problems.

Nah, there's a good reason why he isnt registered :)

boards grinds to a halt when the search function dunt werk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Baza210 wrote: »
    boards grinds to a halt when the search function dunt werk

Indeed. How am I supposed to keep tabs on Boston without it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Indeed. How am I supposed to keep tabs on Boston without it?

0_o

Private forum for the win... *goes off to EMS forum*

• Advertisement

Hey, Eddie Izzard will be good.

We're looking forward to our double date with Baza and his misses.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Private forum for the win... *goes off to EMS forum*
    With the access you don't have?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Does anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

We're looking forward to our double date with Baza and his misses.

We are Borg.
    Jonathan wrote:

Access is irrelevent.

You will be assimilated. Nyom.

Jonathan wrote: »

Matthew is actually my alt account. You've never seen the two of us in the same place at the same time, have you?

What makes you think mathew has access? EMS is just for me and Jonathan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

shay_562 wrote: »

Blood tests. Incompetence. Hassle. Frustration.

Finally got sorted today though, and am sitting smugly in the now-easily-accessible library :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Matthew is actually my alt account. You've never seen the two of us in the same place at the same time, have you?

Would have helped if you'd spelt it right.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Were you not both at the beers at some point?

That *was* mathew wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What is that interminable beeping?

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Were you not both at the beers at some point?

That *was* mathew wasn't it?

You know too much it would seem.

You know too much it would seem.

I get that a lot. I blame the sober! :pac: The eternal reminder to the drunk..

I get that a lot. I blame the sober! :pac: The eternal reminder to the drunk..
    But not the eternal minder/carer to the drunk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Society finances :mad: Too many hoops to jump through...

Jonathan wrote: »
    But not the eternal minder/carer to the drunk :pac:

God no.. Too much effort. And too little patience. >.< I do tend to at least try to make sure they get home alive though. That counts for something!

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Society finances :mad: Too many hoops to jump through...

fml.png

FFS, 1-1. Every single time. I'd rather the game was goalless until the 90th minute and they scored then.. Defending isn't difficult! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Baza210 wrote: »
    fml.png
    Sorry, I don't speak American :confused:
    FFS, 1-1. Every single time. I'd rather the game was goalless until the 90th minute and they scored then.. Defending isn't difficult! :mad:
    Cheer up, Bulgaria lost!

• Advertisement

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Cheer up, Bulgaria lost!

This is true, but it'd be lovely if they'd secure playoff qualification today with a win, and then the last match would be handy. A draw today still means they need another draw midweek to be absolutely certain of getting into the playoffs. I don't like uncertainty going into the last game. :(

Edit: Wait, apparently a draw tonight guarantees it now - results elsewhere must have changed things. \o/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement