Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

shay_562 wrote: »
    through it all I never came close to poisoning myself.

Shay, those of us who know you are well aware that your stomach is immune to anything. Anything except cheese :p

I do hate the fact that people like you get to move back home. I need someone to cook for me.....blerg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Crippling debt is a great motivator to move home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Boston wrote:
    Crippling debt is a great motivator to move home.

Word. Jokettle, unfortunately for her (for many reasons), hails from Cavan, and thus has no option of moving back there even if she were in crippling debt, which I think is where part of the jealousy comes from.
    jokettle wrote:
    Shay, those of us who know you are well aware that your stomach is immune to anything. Anything except cheese

My weakness is only cheese when it's combined with rum. However, given that most things combined with rum seem to be weaknesses of mine, I've come to the conclusion that rum and rum alone is my kryptonite. Stupid delicious rum. Also, I wish my stomach were immune to anything. My tummy hurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

shay_562 wrote: »
    My tummy hurts :(

As long as you're not clutching it, splayed on a bathroom floor and praying for death. Ah, memories...:D

Also, most of my negativity (ergo, my entire personality) stems from my cavan roots. There's no escape :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Trinity should have a librocop ! !

If you're in the library, SHUT THE EFF UP!!!

... and use a fuckin tissue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm with ya Larianne!

I nearly burst some of the dentists today. They all fecking swanned in late interrupting the lecture, wouldn't stop whispering all through it and one stupid b*tch kept kicking the back of my chair.

I was fit to kill by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Larianne wrote: »
    Trinity should have a librocop ! !
    We do! His more frequent designation, though, is 'KGB library guard'. Most frequently seen patrolling the Ussher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

shay_562 wrote:
    I spent most of last year living in a student flat that people obligated to be nice (i.e., sleeping with at least one of the occupants) tactfully described as "Could do with a clean" and that our less-nice friends described as "IT'S FILTHY! Uch, how can you live there?"

You lived in Front Square last year, right? A friend of mine was living in the Scéim house. Nobody took down the bins in her apartment, ever. It permanently reeked of semi-rotten vegetable matter; it was sort of like living inside a compost heap. Anyway, at one point [around April?] the infestation of flies was so bad that College had to call in an exterminator. There were so many dead flies that they had to change the hoover bag.

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Whenever our kitchen got too bad we just set fire to it. Then college had to clean it for us.

FYI, fire blankets are useless, just go straight for the extinguisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

My poker program is dealing a million hands, all of which are either flushes or straights. Hrm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Rant: Hamilton bomb doors have been closed for nearly a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

No, wait, now I have 5 million flushes or straights, having dealt 1 million hands. Getting there!

Listening to Takk.. is helping at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

****ing changed my ****ing password last week and it's letting me into my e-mail but nothing ****ing else so I dunno how I'm gonna do stuff I was meant to do for Friday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

amacachi wrote: »
    ****ing changed my ****ing password last week and it's letting me into my e-mail but nothing ****ing else so I dunno how I'm gonna do stuff I was meant to do for Friday.
    Email password is different to your network password.

You can reset your network password here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jonathan wrote: »
    Email password is different to your network password.

You can reset your network password here.

It was letting me into my portal page up until Sunday night with the password I set and now it won't.

Onto that link and tried both the password I set and the one I was given, both are wrong apparently. FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Days like today make me hate science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Craguls wrote: »
    Days like today make me hate science
    I was about to thank you, but I then realised I skipped today.
    What'd I miss? More gibberish in chem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Jammyc wrote: »
    I was about to thank you, but I then realised I skipped today.
    What'd I miss? More gibberish in chem?

Pretty much. We elaborated more on Endosymbiosis in Biology, same with Chemistry. I was sitting next to two guys who did the intro Chem week and they'd done it before so it was tedious and boring more than anything.

Maths. Oh F**K maths! I'm definately transferring to maths methods next week.

Also Chem lab was alright but my new lab partner is rude. Grr....

Oh class reps suggested heading to the Pav tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Craguls wrote: »
    Pretty much. We elaborated more on Endosymbiosis in Biology, same with Chemistry. I was sitting next to two guys who did the intro Chem week and they'd done it before so it was tedious and boring more than anything.

Maths. Oh F**K maths! I'm definately transferring to maths methods next week.

Also Chem lab was alright but my new lab partner is rude. Grr....

Oh class reps suggested heading to the Pav tomorrow evening
    Cools.

On a more rant/bitch/moan note:

I just got BSOD'd by a computer in the Hamilton!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

AH. I'm supposed to finish a physics assignments by 11 tonight and the mastering physics website isn't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Futurism wrote: »
    AH. I'm supposed to finish a physics assignments by 11 tonight and the mastering physics website isn't working.

You're not the only one. Mastering Physics = Bastarding Physics.

I just emailed my lecturer there anyway to let him know. I'll do them sooner in future, I promise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I just emailed my lecturer there anyway to let him know. I'll do them sooner in future, I promise :rolleyes:

Who did you email?

Who did you email?

Dr Ferreira, I don't know whether he's the right person though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I had 7 hours of goddamn lectures today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hah, just the thing I was going to rant here about. I actually have the tutorial done, but a fair few in my class haven't (I've got a few worried texts!) so I've emailed the guy who seems to be over it and asked for an extension. I'll let you know if I get any word! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hah, just the thing I was going to rant here about. I actually have the tutorial done, but a fair few in my class haven't (I've got a few worried texts!) so I've emailed the guy who seems to be over it and asked for an extension. I'll let you know if I get any word! :)
    Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Seriously, enough of Physiology, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Larianne wrote: »
    Seriously, enough of Physiology, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

Are you doing Physio? This new guy (is it Anwyl or something?) is killing me.

Bring back Tuffery :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Pet wrote: »
    You lived in Front Square last year, right? A friend of mine was living in the Scéim house. Nobody took down the bins in her apartment, ever. It permanently reeked of semi-rotten vegetable matter; it was sort of like living inside a compost heap. Anyway, at one point [around April?] the infestation of flies was so bad that College had to call in an exterminator. There were so many dead flies that they had to change the hoover bag.

Yup.

First off, good memory (with anyone else I'd worry it was stalkerish, but with you it just seems pretty normal that you'd know that) - I was in house 9, but I knew a few people in the Scéim. Weirdly, all their rooms tended to be religiously tidy, almost like they were all on eggshells around each other all year. Either way, that's pretty rancid - how on earth did they pass the first two room inspections? Ugh...
    FYI, fire blankets are useless, just go straight for the extinguisher.

As I recall, our fire blanket spent most of the year buried under a big pile of flammable materials. That's how it works, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement