Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Mastering Physics back up. 60% instead of circa 100% cause of them maintaining their systems which are as slow as paedo driving past a primary school.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Are you doing Physio? This new guy (is it Anwyl or something?) is killing me.

Bring back Tuffery :(

Ah yes, Dr Anwyl, aka "nociceptors". I believe he has started giving out the notes for his lectures though? We had to transcribe everything from his slides.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Are you doing Physio? This new guy (is it Anwyl or something?) is killing me.

Bring back Tuffery :(

Yeah, physio. Yep, I dunno who's worse to be honest.
    Kwekubo wrote: »
    Ah yes, Dr Anwyl, aka "nociceptors". I believe he has started giving out the notes for his lectures though? We had to transcribe everything from his slides.

Yeah, he has put up his lecture slides. (with loadsa mistakes that you have to correct!).

The Physiology twice a day is really a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Just had my Foobar ruined.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Just had my Foobar ruined.
    FUBAR'd you mean? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

No response so far on the utter failure that our online physics assignment/tutorials are. Well, no "official" response. Fecking ridiculous, I know it's only been a day like, but people have no idea what's going on and I've been asked far too many times about it. >.< Seriously, if a website is down for unscheduled maintenance, it's not exactly difficult to see that an extension is kinda necessary. Argh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Aoibheann wrote: »
    No response so far on the utter failure that our online physics assignment/tutorials are. Well, no "official" response. Fecking ridiculous, I know it's only been a day like, but people have no idea what's going on and I've been asked far too many times about it. >.< Seriously, if a website is down for unscheduled maintenance, it's not exactly difficult to see that an extension is kinda necessary. Argh.

I'd try not to worry about it too much. They can essentially do what they want with first year results as they're not externally examined, and I'd be reasonably sure no one is going to drop a grade or anything because of this, even if they don't resolve it right away.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'd try not to worry about it too much. They can essentially do what they want with first year results as they're not externally examined, and I'd be reasonably sure no one is going to drop a grade or anything because of this, even if they don't resolve it right away.

I'm not even worried for myself! I have the assignment done and I know it's not worth all that much - the online tutorials count for 10% of our physics grade of the year and I doubt one over the course of the year will make much of a difference. The problem is though that there's been no response whatsoever, people have no idea what's going on and it's just messy - and if it's like this for the first one, god help us if it happens again. If only I was over the maths and physics departments, they'd be lovely and organised. :pac:

Yeah, I'd get used to that. I ended up getting my grade in JS upgraded cause they'd accidently "lost" the result of some lab test we did and just gave me zero. I queried it cause I was mad close to a first and they ultimately changed about 11 people's marks cause of it. If I hadn't brought it up it would have gone unnoticed. The moral is that they're useless.

Yeah, I can see myself getting very frustrated with it.. Happily enough I actually like the coursework thus far so hopefully it'll compensate for the complete lack of organisation!

• Advertisement

Incidentally, my rant is that I'm **** at maths and I'm massively struggling to keep up to the level expected of me in my PhD (or DPhil as they call it here for some reason). Hurray for 3 more years of this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Was supposed to be going out but my friends bailed, ghey.
    Drinking at home it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Fire drill at 8.10 this morning, while I was in the shower.

Rush out to James' for 9.00, to find the lecture's not until 10.00.

:mad:

Futurism wrote: »
    AH. I'm supposed to finish a physics assignments by 11 tonight and the mastering physics website isn't working.
    You're not the only one. Mastering Physics = Bastarding Physics.

This is actual more of a "woohoo" thing, but just so you guys know, the extension was granted - you have 'til Monday to complete the assignment as it stands. You'll see the official announcement on the extension whenever you log into the mastering physics site. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This is actual more of a "woohoo" thing, but just so you guys know, the extension was granted - you have 'til Monday to complete the assignment as it stands. You'll see the official announcement on the extension whenever you log into the mastering physics site. :)
    Didn't go on the training weekend then? :P

Jonathan wrote: »
    Didn't go on the training weekend then? :P

Oh that's tomorrow. Early tomorrow. Like, I need to be up in roughly 6 hours early. I'm still going! :pac:

Oh that's tomorrow. Early tomorrow. Like, I need to be up in roughly 6 hours early. I'm still going! :pac:
    You bringing your pokemon friend with you? :P

Hah, bet she'll love being called that (though in fairness, she can't spell your name either.. :P). And yes, she's going, so at least it'll be somewhat amusing. And it can't be *that* bad. You're just useless. :P

Hah, bet she'll love being called that (though in fairness, she can't spell your name either.. :P). And yes, she's going, so at least it'll be somewhat amusing. And it can't be *that* bad. You're just useless. :P
    Hahah, enjoy your brainwashing training weekend so :P

Hahah, enjoy your brainwashing training weekend so :P

Nananananananana Batman Leader!

>_>

<_<

It'll be fun! And if anyone's getting brainwashed, it won't be me.. *plots*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I kill you... :mad:

I have learnt to spell his name I'll have you know!

Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan, JONATHAN!

(It looks wrong now...) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Tartlets... Tartlets... Tartlets.

I've spent 28 of the last 36 hours in the lab here in Sweden.

If anyone actually gives a toss what I'm doing currently doing... it's a very slow zinc (L edge) x-ray emission spectrum (i.e physics). For data calibration purposes. Sexy eh?

Vad gor du tjockis??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Vad gor du tjockis??
    socker gör dig till en tjockis

at least more than potatoes do, generally.

fonpokno wrote: »

Marcia Marcia Marcia! :P

So very, very tired. :( Good weekend, but not nearly enough sleep. And I have assignments to do that I know are easy, but my brain is currently melting. Must sleep soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I kill you... :mad:

Wow random, but my ex was called Jonathan and it was only after we broke up that he told me I didn't once spell it right... and he's still got letters to prove it :(:(
    Know how you feel...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm sick. Blegh. It makes getting up early that bit more difficult and 9 o'clock starts everyday this week. :(

I'd also like to bemoan the crappy hours of the college health centre.

Class party Thursday......Dental appointment 9am Friday. What a load of balls!! :( I was gonna go into Anatomy hungover and all till I remembered about the appointment. Dam!

• Advertisement

I'm sick. Blegh. It makes getting up early that bit more difficult and 9 o'clock starts everyday this week. :(

I'd also like to bemoan the crappy hours of the college health centre.

Get better soon! :)

So many people sick at the moment. I'm going a bit mental with the hand sanitizer. I don't want to get sick again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement