Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Who knew a course like Medicine would involve so much damn work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Dont have any lectures tomorrow but I desperately need to force myself to go into the library and do some sort of work.
    Its so intimidating or something..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The house took a bit of a battering last night..some wind ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Larianne wrote: »
    Class party Thursday......Dental appointment 9am Friday. What a load of balls!! :( I was gonna go into Anatomy hungover and all till I remembered about the appointment. Dam!

Aren't you a patient in the Dental Hospital? I'll wave at everyone who's in there on friday. :)
    Get better soon! :)

So many people sick at the moment. I'm going a bit mental with the hand sanitizer. I don't want to get sick again

I use hand sanitizer at least 8 times a day cos they're all over the dental hospital and I'm still sick. I blame all the horrible people on public transport who cough on you and then touch buttons and poles and all sorts of awful things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fonpokno wrote: »
    Aren't you a patient in the Dental Hospital? I'll wave at everyone who's in there on friday. :)

I use hand sanitizer at least 8 times a day cos they're all over the dental hospital and I'm still sick. I blame all the horrible people on public transport who cough on you and then touch buttons and poles and all sorts of awful things like that.

Yep, well I hopefully will on Friday. Stoopid people got my appointment mixed up and took me off list blah blah blah.... If I see you I might wave. :D

Yes, I watch people cough and sneeze and then get up and press the bell on the bus. Which is why I have hand sanitizer in my bag! You can get ones that can clip onto your hip. (Get them in hospitals etc.) Be handy for you.

Anyways (moan): in library till 9pm. Freshers Ball tonight, lab assessment 9am tomorrow. I just ain't having luck with the drinking arrangements in college. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Library is cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

ftp fdaffdas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

working in a pub as a lounge girl, seriously i think its the worst job ever, long late hours . no weekends off . **** pay
    no one has any money so no tips, but then again im lucky to have a job :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

annejohn91 wrote: »
    working in a pub as a lounge girl, seriously i think its the worst job ever, long late hours . no weekends off . **** pay
    no one has any money so no tips, but then again im lucky to have a job :P
    Plus, everybody is staring at your breasts the entire time. Trust me, wethey are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

ha old men especially lol ewww

• Advertisement

Building this new computer is going to be the death of me!
    I just want to pay someone to build it for me at this stage...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

phlegms wrote: »
    Building this new computer is going to be the death of me!
    I just want to pay someone to build it for me at this stage...
    Specs or GTFO.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Specs or GTFO.

Well its just a pile of components at the moment but it should be something like this:

Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz

ASUS P7P55D iP55 Socket LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 i5 Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-24) 1.65V

Corsair 650W TX Series PSU

Xigmatek Midgard Black Mid Tower Case

Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII

Zalman CNPS10X Extreme Ultra Quiet Socket

Digimate L-2362WD 23" TFT Monitor Full HD

Ati Sapphire 5850 gfx card yoke

Are there any nerds around campus I can force to build it for me in return for nothing but my ever lasting love?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Where you buying it from?

Where you buying it from?

I bought everything except the gfx card from ebuyer.co.uk.
    The parts are currently sitting in my room in a big pile of frustration and shattered dreams..

Have you even attempted to put it together?

Have you even attempted to put it together?

Yeah, I'll quote my post from the building and upgrading forum:
    Well my parts eventually arrived today after a slightly messy ordering experience because of a cock up on google checkout's behalf.

Anyway, I have no fecking Idea how I am going to put this together! I looked up a load of guides online before hand on how to assemble a pc, but they make it look easy when in reality it just isn't :o I spent literally an hour wrestling with my zalman CNPS10X cpu cooler trying to get it to fit but failed to do so. Instead I just stuck on the stock cooler that came with the i5 for the time being..
    After I did that I put the mo-bo in the case and put the PSU in which I managed with relative ease. However, now I dont know what cables go where or what I should do next or even if I should just pay someone to finish the job for me...

Is building computers always this fun or am I just a special case? :o

Fit the CPU fan to the mobo, then put the mobo i/o backplate into the case, then fit the mobo to the case.

Fit the psu next.

Then the rest of the hw (GFX + sound card etc).

As for cables, connect the 24 pin ATX header from the PSU to the mobo.

Connect your CPU and Case fans to their appropriate fan headers.

Then the 4 pin CPU cable from PSU to mobo.

Next connect up your (2?) 6 pin connectors from PSU to GFX card.

Then run your SATA power connectors from the PSU to all the drives.

Then run SATA cables from the drives back to the SATA connectors on the mobo.

Then see what you have left to connect. Most likely just the case cables (case power controls, AC97 audio and front USB).

Have a go at it again and see how far you get :)

EDIT: dont forget the thermal paste!!

Fit the CPU fan to the mobo, then put the mobo i/o backplate into the case, then fit the mobo to the case.

Fit the psu next.

Then the rest of the hw (GFX + sound card etc).

As for cables, connect the 24 pin ATX header from the PSU to the mobo.

Connect your CPU and Case fans to their appropriate fan headers.

Then the 4 pin CPU cable from PSU to mobo.

Next connect up your (2?) 6 pin connectors from PSU to GFX card.

Then run your SATA power connectors from the PSU to all the drives.

Then run SATA cables from the drives back to the SATA connectors on the mobo.

Then see what you have left to connect. Most likely just the case cables (case power controls, AC97 audio and front USB).

Have a go at it again and see how far you get :)

EDIT: dont forget the thermal paste!!

Thanks for that, I'll try some of those things when I get a chance to have another crack at it.

It really is terribly confusing though. So many cables, so many possible slots..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

So many cables, so many possible slots..

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

I'm sorry. It's just that that was the first sentence I've fully understood in about 5 posts...

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote: »
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

I'm sorry. It's just that that was the first sentence I've fully understood in about 5 posts...

I'll ram your slots D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Grrr..I'm so far behind on college work it's not even funny. But I thought this was what college is all about or is my class just reeeally nerdy

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

I'm starting to hate my course for all the wrong reasons. I really despise continuous assessment and how CS students are made write essays and give presentations about things more suited to BESS modules.

Gawd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I'm trying to decide if it is worth trying to get my post count up to a thousand before the beers. I also have to be up at four o'clock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Quite annoyed that the Noam Chomsky interview is at 2pm, I can make it but I have to miss other things because of it. I imagine it's because either Fisk or Chomsky couldn't do any better time, but it's still annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Internet in halls wont connect for anyone :( Stupid flawed system wont let people log on

Meetings with the warden after a crazy week last week! He aint going to be happy at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

timmywex wrote: »
    Internet in halls wont connect for anyone :( Stupid flawed system wont let people log on

Meetings with the warden after a crazy week last week! He aint going to be happy at all!

Yep I heard about that...mine's working fine though :confused:

Meeting should be fun...that email was not very happy indeed...!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ok so another Nerd rant but OMG there's ONE study room in the whole of Trinity Campus? I mean wtf? :eek: It's actually quite shocking! Where do people do group study sessions? eff sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ok so another Nerd rant but OMG there's ONE study room in the whole of Trinity Campus? I mean wtf? :eek: It's actually quite shocking! Where do people do group study sessions? eff sake!

The study rooms you can book in the Hamilton library?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Is there none in the Berkeley/Lecky/Usher?

A group of us used the Hamilton one the other day, 'tis pretty small and you do get shushed if you raise your voice above an inaudible whisper, but otherwise it's pretty good. But you do have to book it and I'd say any decent slots are probably gone well in advance..

I tend to either rob a free lecture theatre (the east end ones are decent for that) or a group of us go and eat in the hamilton restaurant and then break out the books (but ONLY if it's quiet, we don't hog seats if it's busy.. :P). They're probably your best solutions really..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement