Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There are always empty classrooms in the Arts block.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yes, but then she'd have to go.. there.

It can be worth it. There's a room on the fifth floor with a projector that I watched HD badminton on one lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

This is technically to do with TCD, so I'ma vent here.

Coming home from Trinity Orchestra rehearsal today (see? college!), had my double bass with me, and had to get a bus home, which is a trek in the first place. Only change I had amounted to €1.20, so I payed €1.15 on the bus, which I normally do anyway, if that's all I have, no matter where I'm going. For the first time in my life they asked where I was going, I said Dorset Street, which is as far as €1.15 gets you. Coming up to Dorset Street he tells me to get off...so I had to walk about 5 stops with a double bass. Píss wánk fúck.

Baza210 wrote: »
    It can be worth it. There's a room on the fifth floor with a projector that I watched HD badminton on one lunchtime.

So not only the arts block, but the arts block with STAIRS involved?! I worry about you.. :P

• Advertisement

High Definition!

Well, the projectors are only 1024 x 768 but it still looks, ahem, smashing.

High Definition!

Well, the projectors are only 1024 x 768 but it still looks, ahem, smashing.

SIGH. Painful puns are painful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Larianne wrote: »
    Ok so another Nerd rant but OMG there's ONE study room in the whole of Trinity Campus? I mean wtf? :eek: It's actually quite shocking! Where do people do group study sessions? eff sake!
    Cafés and empty rooms in the Arts Block. Lack of group study places was one of the most annoying things about Trinity for me.

Also, well done Baza. You've earned a "thanks".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Deadliest Catch is over. :(

But Deadliest Catch; Lobsterman is back next Tuesday. :D

More Greens in college tomorrow, do we not pay these people, to I dunno, make laws and stuff. :mad:

And up at half four to get bus again.

P.S Lovely seeing everyone on Monday. Except that one person. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

dan719 wrote: »
    P.S Lovely seeing everyone on Monday. Except that one person. :p
    Who might that be? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/points at self

awww yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Jonathan wrote: »
    Who might that be? :P

Jonathan, don't be parandoid, I didn't mean it when I called you a prick!
    Sure aren't ya lovely.

Also Danny definitely means me for introducing him as my brother's friend instead of as, eh, my friend. Soz Danzicles lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Left my tutorial work until the last minute again, as I have done every other week. I honestly don't know why I do this to myself.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The study rooms you can book in the Hamilton library?

There is ONE study room in the Hamilton, ONE!!!! And it's the only study room in the entire Trinity Campus according to the librarians there.
    :eek:
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Is there none in the Berkeley/Lecky/Usher?

A group of us used the Hamilton one the other day, 'tis pretty small and you do get shushed if you raise your voice above an inaudible whisper, but otherwise it's pretty good. But you do have to book it and I'd say any decent slots are probably gone well in advance..

I tend to either rob a free lecture theatre (the east end ones are decent for that) or a group of us go and eat in the hamilton restaurant and then break out the books (but ONLY if it's quiet, we don't hog seats if it's busy.. :P). They're probably your best solutions really..

You can't even talk in the one in the Hammo? Jaysus! What's the point then for a study room if you can't discuss what you're studying??
    Cafés and empty rooms in the Arts Block. Lack of group study places was one of the most annoying things about Trinity for me.

Arts Block, ugh have to go there for Physics. Not nice.

Well needed the room to do Clinical Anatomy so stripping off in the Cafe ain't really a good thing. Ended up going to the John Sterne Library in James's where there's *shock horror* 3 study rooms. :eek:

I miss UCD library. :( (oh what a nerd. ha!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Is it just me or does everyone find the urinals in the toilets between the Berkeley and Lecky wierd? The ones with that grate thing. Are you supposed to stand on the grate, or do people piss on it?

Is it just me or does everyone find the urinals in the toilets between the Berkeley and Lecky wierd? The ones with that grate thing. Are you supposed to stand on the grate, or do people piss on it?

Then what are the sinks for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Larianne wrote: »
    Well needed the room to do Clinical Anatomy so stripping off in the Cafe ain't really a good thing. Ended up going to the John Sterne Library in James's where there's *shock horror* 3 study rooms. :eek:
    How about the classroom in the anatomy building? If no-one's using it then no-one really minds if you talk. Plus you have all the anatomy models/specimens at hand.

Kwekubo wrote: »
    How about the classroom in the anatomy building? If no-one's using it then no-one really minds if you talk. Plus you have all the anatomy models/specimens at hand.

Well some of the things we do we to have our tops off so I don't think we'd want to give anybody a scare!

I will act as an intermediary, just let me know when and where.

I will act as an intermediary, just let me know when and where.

Lol, just transfer to Physio, we do it all the time there! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Does the printer in Halls EVER fúcking work? Ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Does the printer in Halls EVER fúcking work? Ever?

There's such a thing :eek:
    Meh...

New PC is giving me a bit of attitude. Has randomly shut down a couple of times over the last 2 days. I have a feeling its the graphics card over-heating, but it could equally be the dodgey as fudge intel cpu cooler I has on the mo-bo..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

phlegms wrote: »
    New PC is giving me a bit of attitude. Has randomly shut down a couple of times over the last 2 days. I have a feeling its the graphics card over-heating, but it could equally be the dodgey as fudge intel cpu cooler I has on the mo-bo..
    BSODing and restarting?

BSODing and restarting?

Nope.
    Screen goes black, PC keeps running for a bit then restarts. This makes me think its a gfx card issue rather than a cpu issue.

Nope.
    Screen goes black, PC keeps running for a bit then restarts. This makes me think its a gfx card issue rather than a cpu issue.
    Keep an eye on the temps.

Also turn on the thermal alarm in the BIOS.

Shouldn't have gone out at all tonight. >.< Nor should I have had my main substantial meal of the day at around midnight. Early tutorial tomorrow, exam Friday I haven't studied for and I'm sick. ;_;

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Shouldn't have gone out at all tonight. >.< Nor should I have had my main substantial meal of the day at around midnight. Early tutorial tomorrow, exam Friday I haven't studied for and I'm sick. ;_;
    You sound sick. You should stay in bed tomorrow :pac:

Keep an eye on the temps.

Also turn on the thermal alarm in the BIOS.

Yeah I have been monitoring them since the first time it happened. It saved a log of the GPU temp which at the time of the crash was around 41c while my CPU was running aroun 30-32. That GPU temp doesnt seem that high, but obviously it was enough to make it crash..

• Advertisement

Yeah I have been monitoring them since the first time it happened. It saved a log of the GPU temp which at the time of the crash was around 41c while my CPU was running aroun 30-32. That GPU temp doesnt seem that high, but obviously it was enough to make it crash..
    Temp is not the problem. Run IntelBurnTest and you'll see actual high temps for the CPU.

Run Windows Memory Diagnostic and see is it stable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement