Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Sleep, what a cruel mistress you are..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I cant sleep either.

And i spent last night in hospital alone after someone punched me in the face while they were fighting someone else.

This has not been a weekend for sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Are you OK? There weren't any complications with shattered glass, I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I slept from 8am to 5pm today, so my sleeping pattern is all out of whack. Note that it's 3am. Lecture in 6 hours. Wah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Can't clown, sleep'll eat me.. >_>

What's a sleeping pattern again? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Baza210 wrote: »
    Are you OK? There weren't any complications with shattered glass, I hope?

No, if I hadn't been wearing my glasses, the person probably would have broken nose. Thankfully my awesome glasses acted as shock absorbers, and my nose is split along the bridge.

My head bloody well hurts still, but no brusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

GAA posts on the Cricket pitch? Say it ain't so.

My Eee's screen has unfixed itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

wait, is it not reading week?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Jammyc wrote: »
    wait, is it not reading week?
    Were you not at lectures this today?

Reading week is next week.

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »

<_<

>_>

Will you take responsibility for my absence from lectures next week?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Baza210 wrote: »
    Will you take responsibility for my absence from lectures next week?
    You'll most likely be staying in bed next week anyway, reading week or not.

Not so! I have a cunning motivation.

<_<

>_>

As opposed to the other today? :pac:

Aoibheann wrote: »
    As opposed to the other today? :pac:
    I was originally gonna type this week, then changed week to day, and forgot to re read the rest of the sentence. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

can't enjoy my week off, gonna have to return to dublin tomorrow and get a start on all my work. been eating away at me all weekend and today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hope I am off this week because I've been planning it since we started and I ain't changing my plans. :pac:

I was originally gonna type this week, then changed week to day, and forgot to re read the rest of the sentence. :pac:

Ah it's fine, just prove there's some parallel universe with another today and you're grand.. Although then I'd be wrong, and I HATE that.
    Gloom wrote: »
    can't enjoy my week off, gonna have to return to dublin tomorrow and get a start on all my work. been eating away at me all weekend and today. :(

Have you much to do? A week is ages like.. I've 3 assignments and a lab report to do and I haven't even considered looking at them yet. On the other hand, I feel really productive as I did an online assignment that was due today on Saturday.. >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

You'll most likely be staying in bed next week anyway, reading week or not.

This. Oh how I am looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I wish I had a reading week :(

Instead I have, eh, all my lectures and a bitch of an anatomy exam to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Buying a 360 and COD has resurfaced all my anger problems...

bythewoods wrote: »

Instead I have, eh, all my lectures and a bitch of an anatomy exam to look forward to.

At least we can take solace in the fact that our lack of a reading week is made up for by... exams at Christmas.

:confused:

Jammyc wrote: »
    Buying a 360 and COD has resurfaced all my anger problems...

CoD, pfft. External harddrive with the XBox is what it's all about. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I suppose we'll always have that smug feeling of superiority that, as med students, we're better than everyone else.

I'd rather a week off though.

I suppose we'll always have that smug feeling of superiority that, as med students, we're better than everyone else.
    lol

What area of anatomy do you have to have covered for the exam (actually, is it a written exam or an oral exam?)? I have some awesome anatomy notes that always got me by in our anatomy exams.. the *only* thing I ever studied for in that course...

I'd rather a week off though.

I have little else to say on the matter except the following:
    lol

*thanks* :pac:

And I have a grounded opinion! You wait, you'll all be in TP yet.. :P

Aoibheann wrote: »
    What area of anatomy do you have to have covered for the exam (actually, is it a written exam or an oral exam?)? I have some awesome anatomy notes that always got me by in our anatomy exams.. the *only* thing I ever studied for in that course...

Spotter test on the upper limb. Including the, ahem, biceps and the forearm and... all the rest... :cool:

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Spotter test on the upper limb. Including the, ahem, biceps and the forearm and... all the rest... :cool:

Have to cover the triceratops as well?

A Neurotic wrote: »

Oh I loved that section! It was awesome. Well. From the cubital fossa and upwards towards the shoulder. Never really bothered learning the forearm so well.. or the hand. >.< But I still remember it! Kinda..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

At least all that learning **** off to get 600 points in the Leaving is backed up by a course that demands you learn more **** off by heart.

Education fail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement