Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Your as mad as a bag of s(h)piders.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

ya i'd classify them as friends. but they're losers, the lot of them. ludraman. - the boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Last Rugby League match of the season tonight, what the hell am I going to watch til February? :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

amacachi wrote: »
    Last Rugby League match of the season tonight, what the hell am I going to watch til February? :(
    Rugby Union?

Jonathan wrote: »
    Rugby Union?

Alas I tend not to watch the telly to get to sleep. ****ing Union has been atrocious for a coupla years now, it's a chore to try and watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I have four assignments I really should have done before I fecked off to Munich..

..and now I'm really sleep deprived AND have said assignments to do. This displeases me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I have four assignments I really should have done before I fecked off to Munich..

..and now I'm really sleep deprived AND have said assignments to do. This displeases me. :(

How did it go?

Fad wrote: »
    How did it go?

Am I allowed to post happy stuff on the rant/bitch/moan thread? :P

Ah it was awesome. The bar in our hostel had many happy hours so we didn't go out either night 'til after one. The club we were in on Thursday night was AWFUL, but it was an adventure getting there in itself so it was kiiinda fun. We went to some nerdy physics stuff on Friday, went to a proper food/beer hall which was mad busy, with big long tables, really nice food and a german band. More happy-houring, then we wandered around Friday night looking for a club, asked some germans what they recommended... aaaaaand ended up in a gay bar. 'Twas fairly awesome, apart from the bit where smoking was allowed in there and now I have little to no voice. >.< There was McDonalds-ing at like 5am, then I just didn't sleep. Last night was seriously epic sleeping when I got home.

So in short, it was brilliant. Definitely am going again!

Falling way behind in work and I dunno if i even like the course. It has its merits at times and certain aspects are interesting, but id say most of the stuff really isnt for me...
    I dont want to drop out as this is a course ive transferred to from a different course last year so i dont want to start afresh again.
    i think the stuff i do like i will be able to concentrate more on next year. So i might just hold on a little longer.

oh yeah, any tips for getting around laziness? I suffer from the condition and i fear it's terminal...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I have 3 hours in which to write 900 more words for this essay. Damn the library for not being open on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I have 3 hours in which to write 900 more words for this essay. Damn the library for not being open on Sundays.

It's not the medieval history one is it? I just got mine done and printed in the mac lab.

I did Roger II of Sicily. Regretted every second of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I just got my second essay finished there, such a weight off my shoulders..

What has to go on the Cover Sheets for the essay?
    Is it just the title of the essay, your name, student number, word count etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

phlegms wrote: »
    I just got my second essay finished there, such a weight off my shoulders..

What has to go on the Cover Sheets for the essay?
    Is it just the title of the essay, your name, student number, word count etc..?

For me I just had to hand mine into 3143 and they provided cover sheets which you just had to fill out and staple to your essays. (Name, number, title of essay, course) etc. Then you sign the roster saying your essay is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Gloom wrote: »
    For me I just had to hand mine into 3143 and they provided cover sheets which you just had to fill out and staple to your essays. (Name, number, title of essay, course) etc. Then you sign the roster saying your essay is done.

Thanks a million for that!
    Gonna hand it in at about half 2 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I so need to get off the internet I'm in 9-6 tomorrow! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dear Library staff,

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate it if you could pass the following on to whomever made the decision to "upgrade" the library system as an official complaint;

Dear Line manager/Head Librarian,

Are you aware that the current library system is a complete and total joke? That is a rhetorical question, of course you are aware of this. When the system was first introduced I couldn't;
    1. Login
    2. Renew books
    3. Place stacks requests
    4. Place holds on books
    You'll notice that these are all basic functions for an on-line library system. It's hard to see what exactly I can use the system for except as a glorified search engine and bookmark tool. Perhaps the money wasted on this new system would have been better spend building a time machine to travel back in time to the year 2002 and simply copy the system trinity had working back then. Or failing that, the money could have been simply thrown into a fire. It would have done less harm that way.

Maybe the old system wasn't pretty with its tables and frames, but it worked and despite claims to the contrary was never prone to collapse during busy periods. Sure it would go a bit slow, but I'm certain if you removed peoples abilities to login, renew books, place stacks requests and holds, the site would have flown along at a break neck pace.

The proper course of action would have been to fix these problems prior to taking the service online. It's been several months now and the system still isn't working fully. I'm somewhat dismayed that lesser universities such as "Belfield polytechnic" have a better online library service.

All the best,

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

College internet connection is slow as molasses, and I can't access Yahoo! Mail or GMail at all. 100Mbps my foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

herehere, slow as ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Damn the library for not being open on Sundays.

Ehhhhh we have a 24hour access room on an upper level of Ussher Library No?
    Gloom wrote: »
    I just got mine done and printed in the mac lab.

PRINTED you say????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN the MAC LAB?

Hmmmmm well it sure as HELL wasnt working for me today. :mad::mad::mad:

Oh and can you believe I actually saw a guy ASLEEP at a computer in the '37 p.grad reading room! :eek: yeah coz computers are SOOOO plentiful in there that you can afford to SLEEP in front of one.

never wanted to KICK anyone as bad in my life. FFS.

/rant

• Advertisement

Hello. I recently requested an RMA for my Eee 1000H for a screen defect .. a growing patch of stuck and dead pixels. I was subsequently sent an email with details of my case number and the process involved in the collection of my laptop. However I was dismayed by the assertion that .. Even if you decide to have the unit shipped back without any repairing activity a handling charge will be billed due to our transport cost and internal handling cost already incurred. This charge was quoted at 35 pounds sterling which is approximately 40 euro. I suspect it would be closer to 60 euro knowing how currency exchange rates mysteriously favour the biller. I really do not have 60 euro to spare and although I feel that my screen defect was note caused by any action of my own I doubt that your technicians would agree. Thus I am requesting that my RMA be cancelled. I will have to live with this faulty screen for fear of shelling out 60 euro. Regards.

Stupid form didn't accept any characters except periods.

Is MyZone down for anyone else? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nope!

I really like TCD but the fuppin library is a joke!! STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

it's screwed up for me in firefox, but not in IE. Do you use firefox?

RANT: AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH JUST ONE RUNTIME ERROR AND I. JUST. CAN'T. FIX. IT!!!
    screw it i just couldn't care anymore. Stupid programming.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    it's screwed up for me in firefox, but not in IE. Do you use firefox?

RANT: AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH JUST ONE RUNTIME ERROR AND I. JUST. CAN'T. FIX. IT!!!
    screw it i just couldn't care anymore. Stupid programming.

Opera, wouldn't work up til near 11 o'clock, fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Larianne wrote: »
    Nope!

I really like TCD but the fuppin library is a joke!! STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

As if a library should be quiet. Pfft.

In other news shouldn't there be some sort of duty of care between those in senior teaching related positions and their students that involves ACTUALLY ****ING REPLYING WHEN THEY RECEIVE AN E-MAIL FROM ONE OF THOSE AFOREMENTIONED STUDENTS????!?????!!?!?!?!?!?

If I was the kind of man to act on my impulses more often I'd rip out his tongue and impale his eardrums so e-mail became one of his more indispensable forms of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

ISS people said it was a network-wide problem with the proxies or something, seemed to be fixed since this afternoon though.

Rant: HENRY YOU ****************************.

Rant: HENRY YOU ****************************.

+ a bajillion..

I feel so cheated.. :(

In the computer rooms today the net was running real slow too.

****in Henry. I wasn't cheering for Ireland. I decided not to support them a while back for the stupid FAI and Keane being allowed back near the team. I had to cheer for them once that **** did that. Arsenal fan so I always loved him, can't forgive that though. How the hell none of the Irish players didn't deck him one is beyond me. And some ****ing hugged him afterwards.

• Advertisement

That's GAA, Thierry...

1258583476.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement