Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

bythewoods wrote: »
    Nah, near the physiology building.

Did you see a bundle of clothes walking towards you by any chance? I take the layering look to new extremes... 2 tshirts, a shirt, a thick knit cardigan, mad purple jacket, scarf, hat...

Either just before 5 or near 6? Was I standing outside the Fitzgerald (oldish, physics-y type building)? It's near physiology..

I didn't see all the layers! If I had, I'd have said hello.. I feel so ignorant now! I didn't see you though, swears.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Fuck sake...how many emails about that stupid library survey am I gonna get? 4 and counting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Fuck sake...how many emails about that stupid library survey am I gonna get? 4 and counting...

I'm purposely going to not do the survey if they keep sending them.

I suppose we should be grateful that they're asking us at all? Maybe something'll change. They got quite the essay from me in the comments bit in the end, I never know quite how to finish a rant.

Also, there is not just one, but seven Christmas trees in my house. SEVEN! And one of those is a mini-tree in my room, the decorations even match the colour scheme. Cursed sister. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

7?!

Boy racers at stupid o' clock in the morning. Grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

WHY.OH.WHY is EVERY Book I want in Santry Stacks, or any stacks for that matter! If ALL the books I want are in stacks...what the HELL is on the actual shelves in BLU!??????! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jaysus, bit of a health hazard outside Joly there today!!

And YES, I will go down these stairs!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

People adding fuel to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Larianne wrote: »
    And YES, I will go down these stairs!!

Haha that happened to me as well. I had already spent 10 minutes earlier that day squeezing through a crowd of school goers. 10 minutes to travel 10 metres. Then later as I came down from the Hamilton Library I was told I couldn't go down the empty stairs and had to join the crowd! I ignored the orange shirt wearing person. Zero respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Zero respect.

Way Hardcore!

Those people wearing orange were told to organise the stairs that way... ;_; Well, only when it was mad busy. Otherwise we didn't bother really..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Stench of bureaucracy off that FEMS pdf.

devinejay wrote: »
    Way Hardcore!

I felt like such a rebel. :)
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Those people wearing orange were told to organise the stairs that way... ;_; Well, only when it was mad busy. Otherwise we didn't bother really..

Yeah I can understand that but the amount of students outside the Joly Theatre was very dangerous and in fairness I wasn't gonna be late for my exam by going the long way. Also, there was NO ONE coming up the stairs when I went down.

Also, I went to the toilets in the Panoz and the lay out of the stands in the corridor was a bit stupid. There really wasn't enough room to manoeuvre. It was crammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

We were promised a subsidy of €500 for a fieldtrip this year which has now got pulled from underneath us because of budget cuts.... funny coz I, liek many others, imagined that that money was already allocated to us pre-budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

By jove, that was certainly the worst exam I've ever done in my life. Fúcking Biochemistry.

Hope it works out OK.

More broken headphones. Bah.

Long day is loooong tomorrow. And pointless. In far too early for a tutorial, then a long gap, more class.. then, just when I thought I'd be finished at 4pm tomorrow (usually am), the astrophysics lecturer springs an extra lecture on us (we missed a few due to strike/open day) from 5-6pm.. Then I have to go to faculty meeting.. >.< I have an exam Friday morning! Need to study.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hope it works out OK.

More broken headphones. Bah.

Aha! Budget, headphones/earphones, isolating/open, genres of music? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

The more stressed out I get, the more likely it is that I'll have to take immunosuppressants, and also time off of college.

The above thought makes me more stressed out.

FML. :-/

• Advertisement

Baza210 wrote: »
    Aha! Budget, headphones/earphones, isolating/open, genres of music? :pac:

Well, the first pair that broke were Skullycandys (Black Carded Smokin Bud Earphones) and they were about 8 months old, they broke last month. The second pair were Sennheiser (cx300, I think..got in July '07) and gave up the ghost on Monday. In fairness, I was able to get a replacement pair of Skullycandys after posting the broken ones to the UK so I'm not completely stuck. The right ear went in the Sennheiser's ages ago and I was working away with just that one ear for a good while. Interestingly, when both pears were acting up they seemed to experience similar symptoms, move your head/walk - distorted sound, put the iPod in your pocket, nothing/half sound, etc. I've never used the ones that came with the iPod and don't want to. I mostly listen to podcasts (talky ones)...music some rock, classical, ambiant, folk..hmm, I'm not too big on music, though. :pac:

I should probably really drag this moan over here?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    By jove, that was certainly the worst exam I've ever done in my life. Fúcking Biochemistry.

And it's just been topped by an Anatomy Viva. I've never felt so f*cking stupid in my life. My lecturer/interrogator went easy on me and helped me along and I still got it all wrong.

I can see why people come out of them crying. My exams are over and I just feel terrible.

Well, the first pair that broke were Skullycandys (Black Carded Smokin Bud Earphones) and they were about 8 months old, they broke last month. The second pair were Sennheiser (cx300, I think..got in July '07) and gave up the ghost on Monday. In fairness, I was able to get a replacement pair of Skullycandys after posting the broken ones to the UK so I'm not completely stuck. The right ear went in the Sennheiser's ages ago and I was working away with just that one ear for a good while. Interestingly, when both pears were acting up they seemed to experience similar symptoms, move your head/walk - distorted sound, put the iPod in your pocket, nothing/half sound, etc. I've never used the ones that came with the iPod and don't want to. I mostly listen to podcasts (talky ones)...music some rock, classical, ambiant, folk..hmm, I'm not too big on music, though. :pac:

I should probably really drag this moan over here?

Skullcandys to CX300s ... classic earphone newb pattern. Next step Bose In-Ears.

But seriously, if you need some help choosing I'd be happy to help.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    And it's just been topped by an Anatomy Viva. I've never felt so f*cking stupid in my life. My lecturer/interrogator went easy on me and helped me along and I still got it all wrong.

I can see why people come out of them crying. My exams are over and I just feel terrible.

Hey, listen, it's the first type of exam for you, for everyone in 1st year. You get nervous and make silly mistakes. I did the same for my practical on Tuesday. I got the easiest of things mixed up - flexion/extention of elbow. And I couldn't even communicate what abduction and adduction was. :o
    I don't think we're supposed to do good in the first term exams. They are meant to be a kick up the arse for us all.

And also, you're doing 1st yr Med. It's gonna be tough, don't be so hard on yourself. You guys had so many exams this semester There's always next semester... (that's what I keep tellin meself!)

It's over, enjoy Christmas!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

i wish i was given this essay to do a few weeks ago,now its due monday and i'm using christmas as an excuse not to start it,

so poor
    tf10custom.png
    (not real but want)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

• Absolutely broke.
    • Fed up being at home.
    • Have a load of college work which I don't want to do.
    • Was supposed to have three weeks employment which now looks like being reduced to two.
    • Really want a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

• Can NOT start all the ****ing study I need to get done.
    • In particular, neuropharmacology, because it kicked my arse.
    • Thesis introduction as yet untouched.
    • GI tract issues necessitating more time in hospital in January.
    • Really want a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I feel like Mick Hucknall. Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    I feel like Mick Hucknall. Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference.

You feel simply red?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement