Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A Neurotic wrote: »
    You feel simply red?

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ah c'mon, who'd know a Simply Red song. ..only one I can think of is the Rollercoaster one and don't even know the name to that one.

Dam me for having a snooze today, will be up all frickin night now. :(

Not a song. Ye'll never get it, it's to do with his bit on Bo' Selecta! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I feel like hell today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

• In college today. How sad is that!
    • Its freezing
    • Stupid assignment, 6,000 words and 0 words written
    • No NYE for me
    • Id really like a pint too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

think its about time for of to start into work too... Lab reports, design project, note sorting...
    I'd expected semesterisation to leave us with nothing to do over the holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

In college today.
    ? Isn't college closed til the 4th?
    Also, I think I've forgotten how to study.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

TheAmateur wrote: »
    ? Isn't college closed til the 4th?
    Also, I think I've forgotten how to study.:(

yup! but joys of being a postgrad and having access to a research room gets around that minor annoyance! major annoyance library reopening the 4th and assignment due on the 5th grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Gotta go back to France and actually apply myself to academic pursuits for the first time since mid-March...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lack of Windows 7 support. :(

• Advertisement

Speaking of Windows 7, just had my laptop crash for the first time since I got it nearly 4 weeks ago. In fairness the only times it's been "off" is a coupla times it had to restart. Hope this ain't gonna be the start of a load of ****-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

Had to endure some inane, right-wing, middle class relatives today.
    I'm freezing my arse off here in bloody Clare.
    I'm flat broke.
    My doctor is bitching at me to give up the fags again.
    Have to start looking for summer work.
    I've come to the same realization as I did last year that Christmas is overrated, overhyped and uber-stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Pet wrote: »
    • In particular, neuropharmacology, because it kicked my arse.

I feel your pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Oh shi'ite. I start neuropharmacology next semester. It's quite difficult I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Oh shi'ite. I start neuropharmacology next semester. It's quite difficult I take it?
    It's not impossible, but it's probably the hardest of the four neuroscience subjects. That said, everyone did pretty well last year as far as I can recall. The lectures are all by that professor who gives the introductory pharm lectures in Michaelmas term (the one who looks a bit like Robin Williams in Awakenings), so as you can imagine you'll have to write down everything he says if you want to have any decent notes. PM me your email address and I can forward you lecture notes which someone wrote up about 4-5 years ago and which have been doing the rounds since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Back to college on Monday.

Do not want. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Now fully realising how little I know/have retained from semester one. :( Worse thing is, I tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

realised how much i will have to try next semester to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Modularization sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

im sick and tired of them what a bunch of egotistical f*****s

oh and that guy in the usher library too ( the tall guy, think he is eastern european) appears outta no were and then gives you a telling off for jack **** and makes more nose and distractions by floating about when your trying to study

study thats another thing but sure we all know bout it

oh and finally the business dept, the ****ing rest of ye get to have exams at the end of the term when there meant to be we get them during our reading week ........ now how can that be fair .....wa***ers the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Missed March of the Penguins..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Loads of work to do and no access to a library. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Kwekubo wrote: »
    (the one who looks a bit like Robin Williams in Awakenings),

Spitting image. :eek:

Going to exam papers to find out what parts of the course I should be focussing on and how they usually ask the questions - massively broad subject taught in lots of detail, essays on a small part of it. I mean, how the fuck do ye learn it all??:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They can't just end BSG series 3 like that?! Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Presentations. GAH! Screw it, I can remember some stuff from my undergrad that I can stick in to bulk it up before I present tomorrow. Supervisors don't care about properly cited information, right?

I just dont get college to be honest.

I havent sussed it out yet. I mean, how much of it all do they expect you to know and retain completely?? How much passes you the year and what gets you a good grade?

If anyone wants to see past the rhetoric and help me please do. Im in JF Science btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

There is an equilibrium between what you absolutely ****ing have to know for exams and information you can bluff, bluster and bull**** your way through. You can do quite well in college if you hone up your laziness techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

@Jammyc: past exam papers are the key, especially in science. You get those ****ers printed out early and practice them with your notes beside you. The same sort of questions will come up again and again. Reading over notes is all well and good but there's a bridge between knowing it and applying it in an exam situation. Exams test your ability to do exams, best way to do well in them is to practice. Tutorial questions work well too.
    I'd see smart people who'd revise and revise and read over their meticulous notes for months, only trying the past papers a week or a few days before the annuals. They'd do okay, most of the time, but the ones who usually did the best were the dossers who crammed like **** from 3-4 weeks before exams and got every single past question from 5-6 years previously done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Man,it looks like I can't renew my books on line. College tomorrow, boooooooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement