Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Larianne wrote: »
    Man,it looks like I can't renew my books on line. College tomorrow, boooooooo!

I also have books due tomorrow but it's just not worthwhile going into college. The fine is 50 cent per day overdue. A bus ticket to and from town works out dearer than a fine for a 6 day overdue book. So you might as well wait until lectures re-start on Monday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

haha, online renewal worked for me today. YAY. :)

Boo to my timetable not being completely up. Either that or I've eff all hours this term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Funnily enough, I was in the exact same situation last night. Got em nice and renewed now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Really wish the library system was properly fixed. I'm losing 2.50 because of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Erasmus is not all fun and games. Frickin exams/triple-lock on course choice system/classes being in French...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Toulousain wrote: »
    Erasmus is not all fun and games. Frickin exams/triple-lock on course choice system/classes being in French...

Do you hang out with the local French or do they snub the foreign students? I'm considering going on Erasmus in France but my friend said when he studied there he mostly hung out with other Erasmus students (i.e. Germans, Swedish, Irish etc). He still had the time of his life though without the frogs

This Physiology book has been staring at me the last 4 hours. It's yet to be opened!!

Argggh, I need motivation! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Larianne wrote: »
    This Physiology book has been staring at me the last 4 hours. It's yet to be opened!!

Argggh, I need motivation! :(

Always works for me.

Dennis Quaid's a bit old for football, no?

Well the book was opened and my notes were slotted into the start of Chapter 6. :) It's a start..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Fo Real wrote: »
    Do you hang out with the local French or do they snub the foreign students? I'm considering going on Erasmus in France but my friend said when he studied there he mostly hung out with other Erasmus students (i.e. Germans, Swedish, Irish etc). He still had the time of his life though without the frogs

Apparently it's a general symptom of Erasmus, and living abroad in general, that you hang out with other ex-pats. I've made a fair few French friends here, but mostly it's Italians, Germans, Spaniards, etc. ...

One thing I'll advise: If you think Ireland/Trinity is inefficient/bureaucratic, don't consider France. Seriously. I drives me mental. Literally 16 different forms to fill out to get a bank account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Superintendent who doesn't know how to whisper, opens cans of coke and packets of chocolate buttons as loudly as possible then goes and shouts at people right outside the door.

ah man, now I WANT chocolate buttons.... :mad: Could just said minstrels or malteasers or some other type, but chocolate buttons...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

The SU shop closes at 3:30 on Fridays!?!?!? What the what??! I'm fecking starving, have a few hours of work to do before I can toddle on home and all I wanted was a packet of blue doritos or maybe some hunky dorys :(

Balls, looks like there's group work to be done this semester. That's gonna work out well.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Bollocking awful hangover and an essay due on Monday. Bad weeks and alcohol do not good bed fellows make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Jammyc wrote: »
    I just dont get college to be honest.

I havent sussed it out yet. I mean, how much of it all do they expect you to know and retain completely?? How much passes you the year and what gets you a good grade?

If anyone wants to see past the rhetoric and help me please do. Im in JF Science btw

JF and SF science = Online lecture notes ftw! They cannot ask you anything not on them. Textbooks take ages to read and contain lots of superflous information.

For JF science I don't think you need to know the stuff to an amazing level of detail (afterall, even I managed to pass :D). It all changes in 2nd year though. If you scrape your way into 2nd year biology it's not that hard to turn over a new leaf and get on top of things early. However for chemistry I'm warning you now to get the groundwork done in 1st year (as in have an actual understanding of the stuff) or you'll be fucked for second year. I know it might be waaaay into the future, but for the sake of your options you don't wanna be sitting the repeats at the end of 2nd year.

Can't comment on the other subjects (except that i found maths methods and foundation physics to be a complete load of piss, although i did do honours maths and physics for the leaving).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Went out for 'one pint' Friday night. Went to bed at half ten in the morning...have eight thousand words to write for 5pm Monday. FML.

dan719 wrote: »
    Went out for 'one pint' Friday night. Went to bed at half ten in the morning...have eight thousand words to write for 5pm Monday. FML.

Yay you're way more screwed than me! I only have 2,400 for 3pm on Monday. I think the difference totally justifies having breakfast in bed now.

(Though seriously I do hope you manage to get it done)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

dan719 wrote: »

Its never just one.... best of luck with that hope you get it done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I've been getting sick all night and no one's awake to pity me. What a thing to happen!

If I don't make it through the night, tell Boston he can have my account for trolling purposes. ApeX can have my copy of WoT bk 12. I want my ashes spread over Time Magazine.

Bleeeuurgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm back for another term, it's bollocks now cos we've statistics to do and I don't like statistics. Quite sick of the whole course and my best friend of 20 years is leaving on Thursday for China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

El Siglo wrote: »
    I'm back for another term, it's bollocks now cos we've statistics to do and I don't like statistics. Quite sick of the whole course and my best friend of 20 years is leaving on Thursday for China.

Dislike. I think that awaits me aswell in Research methods module later on. Ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

Timetable is ****ing wrong yet again. It said I had a ****ing pharmaceutics lecture at 11 in LTEE3. I go in the door and there's not a single soul. What the **** is this crap? I wasn't even notified by ****ing email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I want my ashes spread over Time Magazine.

I bury you two star crossed lovers together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Back in the library for the first time since December...good to be back? Hmm...

I think I am getting Man Flu. It seems to involve feeling sorrier for yourself than with normal flu. (For flu of course read head cold)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I think I am getting Man Flu. It seems to involve feeling sorrier for yourself than with normal flu. (For flu of course read head cold)

Silly woman. Man Flu is a pain no woman can ever come close to experiencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dónal wrote: »
    Silly woman. Man Flu is a pain no woman can ever come close to experiencing.

Think of childbirth while passing a kidney stone, that's like half of what it feels like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement