Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Dónal wrote: »
    Silly woman. Man Flu is a pain no woman can ever come close to experiencing.

Aside from chilbirth, I assume thats because woman just get the **** on with life and dont decide that the world is ending because they have a sniffle. This time I was thinking of letting the world end for about 24 hours till I feel better. Though I know in the morning I will be the female character (see video) and in the grand scale of illness (though not relationship status) Shay will be yer man in bed.

Damnit its an unsexy ad merely dispicting what happens in real life. Not on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Listen, this is a thread for ranting/bitching/moaning, not silly girly complaints. Haven't you heard of lemsip? :D:pac:

devinejay wrote: »
    Listen, this is a thread for ranting/bitching/moaning, not silly girly complaints. Haven't you heard of lemsip? :D:pac:

They don't sell lemsip in Konstanz. (Its in Germany) They only sell heisse Zitrone which is a bit like lemon sherbet in hot water and has no caffine or painkillers in it. So yeah I will use my girl complaints to fill up your 'manly' thread.

Is it any wonder theres a gender imbalance around here.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I was only referencing the vid, but I guess toes are all too easily stepped on when under the weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Aside from chilbirth, I assume thats because woman just get the **** on with life and dont decide that the world is ending because they have a sniffle. This time I was thinking of letting the world end for about 24 hours till I feel better. Though I know in the morning I will be the female character (see video) and in the grand scale of illness (though not relationship status) Shay will be yer man in bed.

Damnit its an unsexy ad merely dispicting what happens in real life. Not on youtube.

As far as I can tell from reading these posts you've given both Shay and Tricity Ben the plague, from Germany. 0_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

devinejay wrote: »
    I was only referencing the vid, but I guess toes are all too easily stepped on when under the weather!
    Lemsip won't help; she's just on the blob at the mo.

Don't feel any better. Hate you all just a little bit.

Going to 'work from bed'. This has never worked before, but between Presentation for tomorrow and snowboarding on Friday one must endeavor to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Don't feel any better. Hate you all just a little bit.

Going to 'work from bed'. This has never worked before, but between Presentation for tomorrow and snowboarding on Friday one must endeavor to go on.

I regularly work from bed. It's never really worked for me either, but it's still 10 times better than working from work ;)

jokettle wrote: »
    I regularly work from bed. It's never really worked for me either, but it's still 10 times better than working from work ;)

I caved. Working from bed is now working at the desk in my bedroom. I did make soup though (from scratch).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I despair. What a marvellous conglomerate of all of Trinity's youtube commenters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm rather sick of being class rep just because they keep fecking emailing me demanding I go to meetings. We're barely in trinity anyway, can't they just go away?

No water at home. Blerg :(

No water at home. Blerg :(

Boooo. Whereabouts are you? They've been turning my water off from 7pm til 7am for the last 2/3weeks. PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lecturers who haven't a notion what their at and when you think you're getting a handle of something, they confuse you even more! If you confuse yourself, well then you shouldn't teach! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Course may not go ahead due to lack of interest/interviewees not turning up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

fonpokno wrote: »
    I'm rather sick of being class rep just because they keep fecking emailing me demanding I go to meetings. We're barely in trinity anyway, can't they just go away?

SU meetings? Tell the bastards where to go. If you like you can say boston sent you.

Boooo. Whereabouts are you? They've been turning my water off from 7pm til 7am for the last 2/3weeks. PITA.

Ballsbridge, same story here. Oh well, I can shower and wash my hair in the gym, which makes me use the gym, which means I can have another club milk or 7 ;)

Ballsbridge, same story here. Oh well, I can shower and wash my hair in the gym, which makes me use the gym, which means I can have another club milk or 7 ;)

I had great intentions of using that to make myself go to the gym but I just can't bear to leave my house unwashed. There's enough water in the tank every day for morning showers as I'm first out of the house. Also not much time for gym-ing in the mornings cos I'm in college by 7.45 every day these days.

Further boo - the dental hospital keep emailing saying the exam timetable is up online. The tcd site says the timetable is not available yet. Someone is lying here.

Also not much time for gym-ing in the mornings cos I'm in college by 7.45 every day these days.

There's a 7:45 in the AM now?:confused:

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Further boo - the dental hospital keep emailing saying the exam timetable is up online. The tcd site says the timetable is not available yet. Someone is lying here.

They never know their arse from their elbow do they?

Our timetable is up yet we're missing a complete day and then saying we have classes Reading week for one subject when the handbook calendar says we don't.

Our class got into trouble last term for not reading the timetable properly. How d fcuk you meant to know if you're reading it right if you don't know if the information on it right in the first place!!! :mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Not allowed a dictionary in my exam tomorrow. :(

Also, I never bitched about the fact that my "host" university publishes their exam timetables in COMIC SANS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Heavy (and self inflicted) workloads are just awful.
    My break now consists of trying to find an internship for summer. Yeay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I miss Pete! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Fringe wrote: »
    I miss Pete! :(

But we don't have Analysis 'til Thursdays..? :P

I miss him too. ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I was checking his site for homework. Some weird thing is up now that just confuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Fringe wrote: »
    I was checking his site for homework. Some weird thing is up now that just confuses me.

The TP n, TP n+1..?

The "n" just links to the third set of tutorial problems that we did anyway.. :confused: I'll see if I can get it cleared up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Bloody Florence and the Machine fan presale :mad: Got an email saying it would begin at 9am. So I got up nice and early and just checked the website at 08:50. All the Dublin tickets were sold out already! That's just wankerish surely? Had to settle for Edinburgh, guess it's an excuse to travel and buy nice scotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Or you could go to Bat for Lashes.

Drinking on pain killers = fail

Falling on head and spending two nights in hospital = bigger fail

Applications = just made to make people fail

Losing a fair bit of money last night = can't afford it fail

Lecturer telling class in Germany I had dropped out = rumor machine fail

The fact that I'm home this week and beers are next week = jonathon i stepped down, you're now mod, why do you still hate me fail

And my brain hurts a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The fact that I'm home this week and beers are next week = jonathon i stepped down, you're now mod, why do you still hate me fail
    Not telling me you are home this week, fail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement