Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Ok so instead of starting a new thread i said id just shove my question in here. :D

what are the charges for seeing the doctor in trinity? i have a clicking jaw that i really should get looked at but would prefer to know if I'm going to get shafted with charges before finding out at the doc.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No charge, two week wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Seeing a doctor in the college health service is free if you're a full-time student. Of course procedures and stuff aren't, but just making an appointment see if he has any idea why your jaw is clicking is all on the house.

cheers boston..

so appointment is only for the doc? and a walk-in service for the nurse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

big_show wrote: »
    cheers boston..

so appointment is only for the doc? and a walk-in service for the nurse?

No walk in service unless you're prepared to sit there and wait for an appointment to be cancelled.

• Advertisement

/clicks jaw in delight

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The new Hitler in The Hammo Restaurant. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Larianne wrote: »
    The new Hitler in The Hammo Restaurant. :mad:
    Does that mean the end of the microwave chronicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Won't be a mod without a forum in a few hours. Those admins finally caught up with me.*

*I did send a pm when I first noticed the mistake but no one replied.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Does that mean the end of the microwave chronicles?

Can't even eat your sandwiches in there now. Even if you buy tea/coffee and everyone else is eating bought food there. :mad:

I haven't even dared try using the microwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Does anyone know if their Dublin City Council grant has come through yet? its meant to go straight into the bank account...I'm still waiting, and i'm hungry and sober

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

We couldn't get the grant this year even though my father just lost his job and he is a single parent. I guess my mother died on the "wrong time." :rolleyes: I suppose you are just a form and piece of information to these people.

So we are struggling for me to do the remainder of the semester in Trinity before I can hopefully transfer to UCC which I doubt I'll get.

Yet i see all these people pissing away grant money on drink etc. Just makes me very angry.

"Hey, Gloom! You coming out tonight?!"
    "No, sorry. Can't afford it!"
    "Sure, it's only a few drinks!"
    >_<

If things get tough there's (hopefully still) the Student Assistance Fund for any student in hardship to apply to - the tutor's office or the SU will point you in the right direction for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gloom wrote: »
    We couldn't get the grant this year even though my father just lost his job and he is a single parent. I guess my mother died on the "wrong time." :rolleyes: I suppose you are just a form and piece of information to these people.

So we are struggling for me to do the remainder of the semester in Trinity before I can hopefully transfer to UCC which I doubt I'll get.

Yet i see all these people pissing away grant money on drink etc. Just makes me very angry.

>_<

Did you appeal or anything? They're meant to be lenient when there's been a big change in circumstances since the time the form covers.

What's worse for me is "Oh, I'm so broke!" To me broke means ya can't spend any money, to a lot of other people it seems to mean something completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Chasing down references. Why so difficult, why why why? *weeps*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I find it amusing that the rant/bitch/moan thread has 2,500 more posts than the woohoo/anti moan thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Denerick wrote: »
    I find it amusing that the rant/bitch/moan thread has 2,500 more posts than the woohoo/anti moan thread...

Surely that's a woohoo if anything!

Gloom wrote: »

>_<

Get onto your local TD/Councillor etc. They should help you out.

Pissing away money on drinks? I know people that have gone on Christmas holidays to the Middle East and another who's going to India in the summer on their grant money. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I just finished my bottle of water then ate a granola bar. Unwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

devinejay wrote: »
    I just finished my bottle of water then ate a granola bar. Unwise.
    Eating that granola shite was the unwise part IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

claire h wrote: »
    Chasing down references. Why so difficult, why why why? *weeps*
    + f*cking 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

GORRAM IT I'M MISSING BOTH PANDA BEAR AND FINAL FANTASY ARGHGHGHGH

hipsterIndex--

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Bandwidth throttling :mad: My share ratio will never improve at this rate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Bandwidth throttling :mad: My share ratio will never improve at this rate.
    I assume you aren't using a TCD connection? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Jonathan wrote: »
    I assume you aren't using a TCD connection? :P
    :rolleyes: I was home this weekend. Raging at Eircom, so I was - my non-firewalled time is sacrosanct!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Fuck Continuous assment.

It doesn't make things fairer or make students keep up with what's going on, it just means endless all-nighters :mad:.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Raging at Eircom, so I was - my non-firewalled time is sacrosanct!
    rTorrent + SCP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 oogyoop

My facebook homepage just announced that three friends I had considered to be relatively sane want Jedward to play Trinity Ball... noooooooooos - I'm not cut out for prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

It turns out being a postgrad requires work, deadlines, pressure and results. I miss being an undergrad sometimes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I feel sick at the amount of work I've to do.
    Eughhhh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement